last night

I'm sorry I'm all for Political Correctness but how else was the OP supposed to describe someone he doesn't really know. He can't simply say young (as they were all from our youth team/development squad) (plus properly PC people would see that as ageist). All the ones that came on were midfielders- so he can't use that description, and 2 were wingers so he can't use that description. Otherwise he would be asked which one. So he uses the only thing that is clearly identifible to Djeny and that for him is the colour of his skin. The OP may have chosen to say Afro-Caribbean but that might not be accurate (and I don't think is the proper term these days), he could have chosen black but how is he to know if Djeny isn't mixed race. So he chose to use the word coloured, now if it was malicious then by all means jump down his throat but the tone I got wasn't a malicious one. Is calling Gregan overweight derogatory or how about Chris Taylor ginger or Jacobsen a Saffer, all are accurate.

All those people who complain- whereabouts are the Caucaus mountains from which we get the word Caucasian.

Like Calvin Zola, he's from Kinshasa, DR Congo.

Really- do the Congolese FA know this as if JP Kalala can get in their first team squad I would be highly surprised if Djeny isn't capable of getting in their u21 team at the least. Might put some more money on his value.

I'm sorry I'm all for Political Correctness but how else was the OP supposed to describe someone he doesn't really know. He can't simply say young (as they were all from our youth team/development squad) (plus properly PC people would see that as ageist). All the ones that came on were midfielders- so he can't use that description, and 2 were wingers so he can't use that description. Otherwise he would be asked which one. So he uses the only thing that is clearly identifible to Djeny and that for him is the colour of his skin. The OP may have chosen to say Afro-Caribbean but that might not be accurate (and I don't think is the proper term these days), he could have chosen black but how is he to know if Djeny isn't mixed race. So he chose to use the word coloured, now if it was malicious then by all means jump down his throat but the tone I got wasn't a malicious one. Is calling Gregan overweight derogatory or how about Chris Taylor ginger or Jacobsen a Saffer, all are accurate.

All those people who complain- whereabouts are the Caucaus mountains from which we get the word Caucasian.

I hardly jumped down his throat, did I? I was just making the point it's a long while since I've heard someone use the outdated term 'coloured'.

I hardly jumped down his throat, did I? I was just making the point it's a long while since I've heard someone use the outdated term 'coloured'.

That's true and I apologise it is just one of my pet peeves- its not like we are in SA where the word coloured has a lot more sinister meaning.