I've just reilised how good we had it under him!

I'm not going to join the DP out bandwagon at the start of September, but I still think Shez should have stayed...

Thoughts?

Always said that I think we'd have made the playoffs last season if we hadn't give him the boot.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

We were close under Sheridan, but whatever really happened it all went horribly wrong. If he hadn't gone when he did we'd have finished roughly where we did and he'd have gone in the summer.

I've no bad feeling towards him though, and I hope he's learned alot from his last six months at Latics - he could still go on to be a successful manager much higher up than League Two.

Shez had close to 3 years, and looked to have lost it by the end. Bad decisions and a lack of all round respect let him down.

Penney has had 5 games. Jury's still out, way out. But I'm uncomfortable already such as his choice of goalkeeper and lack of depth at the back. Sure, he's had injuries to contend with but it still doesn't excuse the goals we're conceding which are down to induvidual mistakes more than teams playing well to beat us.

I felt bloody down coming out of there tonight. Probably because deep down, we're in for a hell of struggle this season.

I'm not going to join the DP out bandwagon at the start of September, but I still think Shez should have stayed...

Thoughts?

First season in charge superb! Lost the dressing room near the end. We have actually never recovered since the dabacle at the dogs!

I felt bloody down coming out of there tonight. Probably because deep down, we're in for a hell of struggle this season.

Unless drastic changes are made...

I think the like of Abbott, Whitaker, Furman especially, Greegs, Holdsworth, JJ, Tayls and Wortho are names that could be a quality side if it was managed correctly.

And some may disagree (maybe all) but my opinion of Brill is that, if he was not so long ago tipped for the Greedy League...you can't just all of a sudden lose your talent, get him a proper mentor/coach who's not a failed player himself and we could have a very good keeper.

I do think there's a lot to work with if we had a manager capable of doing so...but so far, Penney is showing no sign of being capable. It doesn't take Sir Alex Ferguson to realise we NEED one if not two centre halfs and a goal poacher. SURELY we can get rid of a couple of the :censored:e loanees we have now and get on the blower to Mark Hughes, they seem to have some very good youngsters that could easily do a job for us and aren't we meant to have some sort of feeder/parent club link with Citeh?

I think Shez had passed his sell by date. Dont get me wrong I liked the guy, it just wasnt working. Still isnt. I dont know the answer anymore.

Not speaking from experience but do you not think we need someone like Shez, Big Joe, Stitch in charge? Someone that has the club at heart and will do anything and everything for us? Give them lot a much needed kick up the ricker?

Not speaking from experience but do you not think we need someone like Shez, Big Joe, Stitch in charge? Someone that has the club at heart and will do anything and everything for us? Give them lot a much needed kick up the ricker?

I was absolutely over the moon when Joe (the messiah) came back, but look how that went.

I was absolutely over the moon when Joe (the messiah) came back, but look how that went.

But this is a different sitch.

We have a bunch of players with no interest in the club whatsoever and are here to either earn some easy money or make a name for themselves, then leave.

We need someone LIKE the names i mentioned, I'm not saying Joe is the man, infact, I don't think he is at all, but I think we need someone who loves the club.

:censored: it, put me in charge!!! I'll sort them out :ranting:

If Shez was the gaffer I'd have gone tonight.

Twas pretty much the first proper home match I've ever missed that I could have gone to, dunno why I'm not bothered all of a sudden. :(

I went to the game but I am hearing this more and more from people. Even those with season tickets. It's 6 games in, yesterday was our third home game and people just are not bothered. Something is certainly amiss.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Thoughts?

I never thought we should have got rid. I said as much many times last season towards the end, and said the same tonight. We got rid of him because it was no longer good enough. What has improved? Not won at home since he left. Only won 2 games since he left. And it's not as good to watch.

Saying that, we need to give Penney a proper chance. It's s**t at the moment, but give him a few years and it will be ok, I'm sure. Unfortunately I doubt he will get the time.

dunno why I'm not bothered all of a sudden. :(

Because tonight was always on the cards judging on the AccyStan performance? Don't blame you in the slightest mate, I'm losing all motivation to go and watch the team that have been drilled into me since birth.

I mean, if we made a list of all the things that make Latics crap these days, off the top of my head I'll name a few:-

3-sided, 100 year old ground.

No atmosphere and what little chanting there is lately is done by the little clueless scrotes who don't even know who they're singing about.

Absolute gash football.

The price, especially for what you get (shat all!)

Same old heartache season in - season out.

NO BURGERS BEFORE HALF TIME!?!?

The boo boys.

Any additions welcome :)

Peter Jackson got the boot from Lincoln with their chairman stating that the club had not moved forward in the past 12 months. Penney will easily last 12 months or more unless we are really in danger of being relegated. I hope for one that he succeeds because we must have payed a fortune over the years to sacked managers and their staff.

I actually like Penney and most of the new players but it just doesn't feel like Latics. Taylor, Gregan......who else?? In addition the club is apparently about to **** off elsewhere. Somebody recently said on here about the big turnover of players affecting crowds because the fans lack any sense of attachment. I think they were absolutely spot on. Time will fix this of course......another reason plenty of it is essential.

Are you all sodding mental?

Do you have the memories of a goldfish and even smaller brains?

Do you remember nothing? Bristol Rovers? Hereford? MK? Players getting others in headlocks? Terrible loanee upon terrible loanee? Blowing the biggest budget we have had for many a season by constant mismanagement? Eternal unfulfilled promises?

Why we are all so pissed off at the moment is because of Shez. If it wasnt for him, we would have gone up. Penney is picking up the shattered pieces.

Its sodding 6 games into the season you bunch of frigging plebs. Saying that pissed up moron should return is just beyond belief. Have a sodding whinge, but realise that we have about half our squad injured and have barely started the season...

You should all be :censored: ing ashamed. I hope it was the drink talking but you all need labotomising.

Right, away for the weekend, and very glad, otherwise i'd be tempted to continually respond to all this crap on this board. At least I didnt swear. Sort of.

Do you remember nothing? Bristol Rovers? Hereford? MK? Players getting others in headlocks? Terrible loanee upon terrible loanee? Blowing the biggest budget we have had for many a season by constant mismanagement? Eternal unfulfilled promises?

Why we are all so pissed off at the moment is because of Shez. If it wasnt for him, we would have gone up. Penney is picking up the shattered pieces.

Its sodding 6 games into the season you bunch of frigging plebs. Saying that pissed up moron should return is just beyond belief. Have a sodding whinge, but realise that we have about half our squad injured and have barely started the season...

You should all be :censored: ing ashamed. I hope it was the drink talking but you all need labotomising.

Right, away for the weekend, and very glad, otherwise i'd be tempted to continually respond to all this crap on this board. At least I didnt swear. Sort of.

:applause1: :applause1: :applause1:

I have an affinity with the lads that have come through the ranks (although it galls me immeasurably that we sold the best one for peanuts) and possibly Abbott, because he's clearly a class act. Apart from that, I'm apathetic at best.

+1,000,000 :grin:

I was so despondent last night that I could not bring myself to read this board even. When I did this morning, I was dismayed by reading so much rubbish until I came across this. At last, some common sense.

These have been terrible results this week, but get over the injuries to some key players, left the team find its shape and I think we should be OK. At least as far as the players are concerned. I am more worried about the so-called supporters who seem to set out to undermine our goalkeeper and manager. They could do far more long lasting damage by unsettling the team as a whole whenever they play at home. Just what the situation needs.