Blitz: Stadium on proposed Failsworth site is on track

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAn I put your question the other way round Lags, what sort of stadium would you like to see?

BP at the moment cannot fill you with joy, despite the memories?

I don't mean a 12k or 16k, that's been done to death, but what would make you proud?

For me it would have to be an individual design, that stands out, maybe not been tried before.

I remember everyone saying how great the Huddersfield one was, but it seems old hat now.

I go past the Millwall one every day and its non descript

I have been to Emirates and it is great, bt obviously not something we can compete against.

without using numbers such as 12000 or 16000

id like a bigger one than what we are getting :wink:

Personally, I think that all new stadia I've seen, including Wembley, are constructed of breeze blocks clad in a modern material, which will look shabby in ten years time. Note: I have never been to the Millennium Stadium which everyone tells mev is fantastic and only cost a fraction of Wembley's £800,000,000.

I went to Cardiff in 2005 and it looked shabby.....

The new Wembley looked amazing when I went down for the first game... I hope it dosent go the way of Cardiff...

By the way, there is a massive difference in qauility between Cardiff (very simple ground) and Wembley (state of the art).

Cardiff has the roof and that's the only thing it has over Wembley.

CAn I put your question the other way round Lags, what sort of stadium would you like to see?

BP at the moment cannot fill you with joy, despite the memories?

I don't mean a 12k or 16k, that's been done to death, but what would make you proud?

For me it would have to be an individual design, that stands out, maybe not been tried before.

I remember everyone saying how great the Huddersfield one was, but it seems old hat now.

I go past the Millwall one every day and its non descript

I have been to Emirates and it is great, bt obviously not something we can compete against.

Nothing remotely like Shrewsbury or Colchester and I am not fooled in the slightest in this it will be built with expansion in mind. Every ground is built with expension in mind afterall, cos you could knock it down and build it again!!

I wouldn't want open corners. The main stand to have a well designed frontage that greets the supporter approaching the stadium. Well thought out under stand covered concourses with food outlets and bars that our user friendly. Adequate seats and leg room for all and a tannoy system that works well and doesnt need the tweeters strained to the max. A good view all round with a good pitch.

EDIT: And not something thats so small the satnds have to be 15 foot tall. That would smack of the Deva!

Edited by Lags

I went to Cardiff in 2005 and it looked shabby.....

The new Wembley looked amazing when I went down for the first game... I hope it dosent go the way of Cardiff...

By the way, there is a massive difference in qauility between Cardiff (very simple ground) and Wembley (state of the art).

Cardiff has the roof and that's the only thing it has over Wembley.

wembley is crap, it was supposed to have a roof but they ballsed it up!!

I did ask about the old Gasworks site at Hollinwood to be told that it was considered but the land was/is contaminated.

There is no more than surface contamination at any of the alternative sites mentioned, and as someone with a substantial interest in the current land issues at Hollinwood (Due to being heavilly involved in the relocation plans of certain businesses there), I can confirm that whoever told you that it was contaminated (OAFC?) has no evidence and is covering up the truth for their own gains.

My detailed assessment of both Hollinwood and Higginshaw has still not been been acknowledged, and I am not holding my breath.

Failsworth will go through as long as it suits TTA. Not for the reasons we are being quoted.

What about something like this (Corp I don't mean literally with a 5000 capacity! :grin:) :

Princes Park

This stadium is billed as the first "Eco" stadium in the country, the aim is for it to be fully sustainable..... there is actually grass on the roof of the part of the stands, and I think solar panels supply much of the electricity for the place and hot water for the showers. I know it would be a big challenge to build a 12,000 seat stadium along these lines but maybe some elements of this plan could be interesting.

It might have been done to death, but if the proposed stadium is going to 'catapult us on to the next level' (what does this statement actually mean?), the question remains: what club with intentions to establish itself in the Championship never expects a home gate of over 12000 again?

Wouldn't the club be looking to exceed that number even in the play-offs in this division?

It might have been done to death, but if the proposed stadium is going to 'catapult us on to the next level' (what does this statement actually mean?), the question remains: what club with intentions to establish itself in the Championship never expects a home gate of over 12000 again?

Wouldn't the club be looking to exceed that number even in the play-offs in this division?

Doesn't it mean that the club will be able to generate income from sources other than just football? Meaning that we can progress on the pitch as well as off it?

e.g. conference facilities, concerts, etc?

Many good points well made Mike!

The comparison with Bolton is farcical. If they'd built a 12000 capacity ground at Horwich it would have indicated no Premiership ambitions, nor even any long-term plans to remain in the second-tier. They would definitely not be still surviving in the PL now.

Mike Keegan also contradicts himself when he talks about the potential in the town, and then goes on to justify the 12000 capacity limit.

The remarks about expansion are utterly spurious.

Doesn't it mean that the club will be able to generate income from sources other than just football? Meaning that we can progress on the pitch as well as off it?

e.g. conference facilities, concerts, etc?

Don't these exist a mile and a half away at City? And three miles or so down the road in central Manchester?

In any case, what is so 'next level' about such facilities? What does a club moving on to 'the next level' mean in concrete terms?

The comparison with Bolton is farcical. If they'd built a 12000 capacity ground at Horwich it would have indicated no Premiership ambitions, nor even any long-term plans to remain in the second-tier. They would definitely not be still surviving in the PL now.

Mike Keegan also contradicts himself when he talks about the potential in the town, and then goes on to justify the 12000 capacity limit.

The remarks about expansion are utterly spurious.

:lol:

I agree thats why I never said it was true! I posted a quote from Simon Corney not me!

It was Simon Blitz apparently in this particular interview.

Perhaps you don't believe it NIKI1234, perhaps you do. I've no idea.

What I do know is there are plenty on here to lambast/ridicule/pour scorn on those who refuse to simply believe what they are told at face falue, and repeatedly question the facts. As CJ rightly pointed out, up until a few months ago the BP relocation was still on track, albeit delayed by the economic climate. Now we are being told by TTA that the club is dying, that the move is vital to the survival of the club and that it will catapult to the next level.

Why the sudden change of tack?

It was Simon Blitz apparently in this particular interview.

Perhaps you don't believe it NIKI1234, perhaps you do. I've no idea.

What I do know is there are plenty on here to lambast/ridicule/pour scorn on those who refuse to simply believe what they are told at face falue, and repeatedly question the facts. As CJ rightly pointed out, up until a few months ago the BP relocation was still on track, albeit delayed by the economic climate. Now we are being told by TTA that the club is dying, that the move is vital to the survival of the club and that it will catapult to the next level.

Why the sudden change of tack?

Don't forget that, in between, we had the sudden talk about building a stadium for joint use with an unnamed local club, and even some brief hints of a temporary ground share at another club's existing ground.

And all without blinking.

"Glass-bottle, bottle-glass."

Edited by Corporal_Jones