Andy Holdsworth------less

From the first time i saw this guy i just could not understand why penney had brought him in, The only reason i could think is that hes versatile and can play almost any position bar striker, only problem being hes terrible werever he plays , I know penney has signed some poor players this summer but this guy is the pick of the bunch. Does anyone feel the same?

Edited by lemars

From the first time i saw this guy i just could not understand why penney had brought him in, The only reason i could think is that hes versatile and can play almost any position bar striker, only problem being hes terrible werever he plays , I know penney has signed some poor players this summer but this guy is the pick of the bunch. Does anyone feel the same?

No!

No!

you are a complete and utter :ranting: do you go to any games or are you a highlights watcher?? this is the same guy who won us 2 pens in succsesive games !!! on par with eardley imo !!! if you have nothin constructive to say :censored: off!! and royle army dont get me started....

Edited by BlueArmy1989

pick of the bunch?

i'd have to say that was brill.

For holdsworth, i would say he has been a steady performer, made little fuss when needed to be called upon, and you can not pick out one player when an entire team is playing badly unless they are really at fault for something e.g. hartlepool's second goal :ranting:

i've been pretty impressed with him, he does sometimes leave the full back position exposed because he's too far up the pitch but he's won us 2 penalties so far getting forward so you can't really criticise him too much for that.

i've been pretty impressed with him, he does sometimes leave the full back position exposed because he's too far up the pitch but he's won us 2 penalties so far getting forward so you can't really criticise him too much for that.

Average third division player. Not great, not poor. Not going to moan about him at all really as playing next to Rubes at the mo' must be a mare.

Average third division player. Not great, not poor. Not going to moan about him at all really as playing next to Rubes at the mo' must be a mare.

He's done ok imo but like someone else said we've too many utility players which begs the question is that part of the reason why Penney is so tempted to tinker? A team of jack of all trades and sadly mostly masters of none.

you are a complete and utter :ranting: do you go to any games or are you a highlights watcher?? this is the same guy who won us 2 pens in succsesive games !!! on par with eardley imo !!! if you have nothin constructive to say :censored: off!! and royle army dont get me started....

Alright keep ur g string on. I do go to all home games and some away. On par with eardly , thats a joke . And hes won us two penalties wooohoooo . Ok lets be constructive.....if we get rid of holdsworthless we will be a better side! I'm not singling him out but he is the worst of the crap we have. we will never get out of this division if we keep signing players like this. If you cant see this , then i'l give up!

Alright keep ur g string on. I do go to all home games and some away. On par with eardly , thats a joke . And hes won us two penalties wooohoooo . Ok lets be constructive.....if we get rid of holdsworthless we will be a better side! I'm not singling him out but he is the worst of the crap we have. we will never get out of this division if we keep signing players like this. If you cant see this , then i'l give up!

Time you gave up then. :wink:

really are clueless

Time you gave up then. :wink:

can i ask if you think that players like holdsworth and worthington are an improvement on last year ?

i dont want to fall out with everyone , just think signing players that have been released from teams in our own league is not the way to go.

can i ask if you think that players like holdsworth and worthington are an improvement on last year ?

i dont want to fall out with everyone , just think signing players that have been released from teams in our own league is not the way to go.

For me, I'd have preferred to keep Eardley but that wasn't going to happen - and from what I've seen so far Holdsworth is a more than adequate replacement at right back with the bonus of being able to fill in at midfield (as could Eardley).

Worthington's case is far simpler. Head and shoulders better than Allott and the midfield 'destroyer' we've lacked for a long time.

The other stand out signing is Abbott, and I have high hopes for Furman and Purdie.

In fact the only signing I'm still unsure about is Parker.

Edited by garcon

For me, I'd have preferred to keep Eardley but that wasn't going to happen - and from what I've seen so far Holdsworth is a more than adequate replacement at right back with the bonus of being able to fill in at midfield (as could Eardley).

Worthington's case is far simpler. Head and shoulders better than Allott and the midfield 'destroyer' we've lacked for a long time.

The other stand out signing is Abbott, and I have high hopes for Furman and Purdie.

Pretty much agree with all of that...Holdsworth has looked a decent signing imo and it's good to see a full back not frightened of getting into the oppositions box

Cant argue with abbot and furman . we'll see about pudie ,

No.