The Three Amigos

singe

TTA Stay or Go  

273 members have voted

1. 1. In response to open hostility from some posters.

• Stay
    • Go

But penryhn, there are people that are openly saying the TTA should go.

tHey then say that everyone they speak to says the same thing.

Yet when there is a poll, 80-90% don;t agree with that.

I did this poll, not becasue I think the TTA shoudl go , bt to show that most pople think they should not go.

And I 100% agree with you why.

Some people though think or are trying to create some element of doubt, or a bangwagon or are just to simple to realise what the TTA have done and do.

I am trying to show this by asking a straight question.

The result speaks for itself.

You create your polls to try to cut off debate, don't you.

Create a poll on on an issue where the result is guaranteed to be the one you want, and it takes away all the credibility of those who might disagree with you. That's the way it works.

It's no accident that populist dictators love to rule by referendum. Mob rule in a different form.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They saved the club, granted.

Regarding the running of the club they have certainly cut the weekly losses and the club is being run on a more stable footing. But this does not mean that they are above the questioning or scrutiny of any latics fans, nor does it mean we should all become 'nodding dogs' and blindly agree with everything they do.

I think they learned the hard way with Moore that whats best for the club and what the fans want arent always the same thing, and am glad to see they are showing some backbone re the failsworth move. The state boundary park is in, if the move does not go through I would bet money that we would be sharing spotland within two years of planning permission rejected,

But at the end of the day, what puts bums on seats in a football stadium is a winning team. I just hope this stadium will provide us with the income streams to support such a team

Becasue stich, who else is going to fund the losses.

Sure it might mean the end of the Failsworth move, but ut would equally likely mean a Conference budget because we woudl have to live within our means.A

And boundary Park will become a carbuncle, even more than it is know, with paint peeling off etc.

I don't think dropping a division or 3 is worth the sacrifice.

You cannot say we might just stay up, you are supposing what might happen at Failsworth, and we don't KNOW what will happen thre either.

You answer your own question - the current losses wouldn't be funded. Instead we would have to cut our outgoings by, say, £500k, or hope for a cup run, or sell an Eardley, or a Taylor.

My sole point is that the clubs existence isn't as dependant on TTA as many members of the forum seems to believe. Sure, if they were to leave it would be a short-term blow, but it wouldn't be the end.

They wont be going anywhere anyway, they are too far in. We will move to Failsworth, passing the point of no return on the way, and complete our painfully slow death.

You answer your own question - the current losses wouldn't be funded. Instead we would have to cut our outgoings by, say, £500k, or hope for a cup run, or sell an Eardley, or a Taylor.

My sole point is that the clubs existence isn't as dependant on TTA as many members of the forum seems to believe. Sure, if they were to leave it would be a short-term blow, but it wouldn't be the end.

They wont be going anywhere anyway, they are too far in. We will move to Failsworth, passing the point of no return on the way, and complete our painfully slow death.

In your honest opinion, like. :wink:

Or, we rise phoenix like, from Division 3 to the top of the Chmapionship. Maybe.

Or, we rise phoenix like, from Division 3 to the top of the Chmapionship. Maybe.

I hope you're right, although if you are we will lose a fortune in gate reciepts......and the success will be even further short-lived.

Unfortunately it's a problem we wont be lucky enough to have, in my honest opinion. :wink:

Edited by Stitch_KTF

very true :wink:

Imagine a Championship play-off game against, say, one of the Sheffield clubs, at a 12000 capacity stadium. Either club could bring 12000 themselves for such a game if it was allowed.

Ain't gonna happen. It isn't in the plan.

Imagine a Championship play-off game against, say, one of the Sheffield clubs, at a 12000 capacity stadium. Either club could bring 12000 themselves for such a game if it was allowed.

Ain't gonna happen. It isn't in the plan.

But to be fair that wasnt the plan in a 16000 seater stadium either, wasnt the plan to establish ourselves in the championship?

But to be fair that wasnt the plan in a 16000 seater stadium either, wasnt the plan to establish ourselves in the championship?

I don't mean that allowing 12000 away fans isn't in the plan. I'm pointing out that a 12000 capacity stadium indicates that the club isn't expecting games against big clubs on a regular basis.

There will be 'room for expansion' though. Siberia has room for expansion too.

we would need more than 12000 seats in a league 1 play off match - never mind a championship play off match

QPR and Blackpool where sell outs wasnt they?

Near enough. As have a number of other games been over the past fifteen years.

So a smaller capacity stadium than BP is planned and still people refuse to see what's going on.

Still, they'll get their little derby against Rochdale.

Another point which I'm not sure I've seen considered is that, should we build our fisherprice ground and yet still somehow enjoy some notable success, what would be the effect on ticket prices?

I am not sure about that, but I know what effect it would have on attendnaces.

In truth, I donlt think building a stadium to be proud of, or one that is identikit will ahve a marked effect. But some sucess ont he filed would.

However, as others have pointed out, the average gate was well over 6000 when TTA arrived.

Erm yes in the CM years we got 6k (although not the first year he was here - then we got less than 6k). In the final year before CM we got under 5k. Were the CM years gates really representative of average latics gates?

So, yes, it was well over 6k, but it hasn't been a consistent slide down to 5.6k - it's been below 6k (1k off the gate one year) then above 6k, then it's dropped again and last year, it rose again.

You keep using the gates, but the figures don't back you up. :huh:

Erm yes in the CM years we got 6k (although not the first year he was here - then we got less than 6k). In the final year before CM we got under 5k. Were the CM years gates really representative of average latics gates?

So, yes, it was well over 6k, but it hasn't been a consistent slide down to 5.6k - it's been below 6k (1k off the gate one year) then above 6k, then it's dropped again and last year, it rose again.

You keep using the gates, but the figures don't back you up. :huh:

We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia.

It doesn't matter whether it's been a consistent slide. What matters is that, five years on from all the grand words, crowds have dipped below what we were getting in the Ritchie years.

And do you have to start a post with 'erm yes?' It makes you seem like a thirteen year old know-it-all.

Now i'm only 22 years old so to be fair I haven't had the luxury of seeing the "glory" years. All I've seen is the slow demise of my football club, then it was "saved" by Chris M**re, then after his eventful tenor we were really saved by 3 of the nicest bunch of fella's, I've had the pleasure to meet.

Now I'm not saying there perfect, but neither do they and yes they have made mistakes (which they openly admit) and we wouldn't be human if we didn't, but can anyone honestly put there hands on there hearts and tell me that they think Simon, Simon & Danny have made one single desicion about this club without the clubs best interest at heart??

They won't be around forever, which they also openly admit but they are trying to but the club on a level playing field before they do go, and it actually astounds me that any Oldham fan would have the downright audacity to question the motives of the TTA.

They say wisdom comes with age, so can the "TTA out brigade" start using some and tell why it would be a good idea for the tta to pull out now without a suitable investor in place to take over from them??

KtF

Edited by oldhamathleticmad

We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia.

It doesn't matter whether it's been a consistent slide. What matters is that, five years on from all the grand words, crowds have dipped below what we were getting in the Ritchie years.

And do you have to start a post with 'erm yes?' It makes you seem like a thirteen year old know-it-all.

Erm, no.

They haven't. Try using them funny little facts. We got a league gate that barely snuck over 3k under AR. We've not had a full season below the AR year pre-CM. I doubt we will neither.

And, you know, like, why do you have such a pre-occupation with writing styles? It's just a message board, it's not Kundera's submission to a publisher. Oh, and I'm not 13, but at least you were half right. Probably all I can expect from a half-wit.

As for poor Winston's world, I think you may be stuck at 13 O'clock more than anyone else on here.

Erm, no.

They haven't. Try using them funny little facts. We got a league gate that barely snuck over 3k under AR. We've not had a full season below the AR year pre-CM. I doubt we will neither.

And, you know, like, why do you have such a pre-occupation with writing styles? It's just a message board, it's not Kundera's submission to a publisher. Oh, and I'm not 13, but at least you were half right. Probably all I can expect from a half-wit.

As for poor Winston's world, I think you may be stuck at 13 O'clock more than anyone else on here.

The average league gate under Ritchie wasn't as low as attendances have dipped recently. Nobody's talking about one-off gates.

The fact remains that however you try to obscure it, gates averaged well over 6000 five years ago but didn't last season-and there is absolutely no chance that they will do so this season. If you want to paint that as some sort of progress, that's your privilege.