The Three Amigos

singe

TTA Stay or Go  

273 members have voted

1. 1. In response to open hostility from some posters.

• Stay
    • Go

There seems open hostility from some posters about the TTA. This poll is a reaction to that.

So a simple question, should they stay or should they go.

EVeryone knows that we have problems this season, but everyone knows that the TTA saved the club, so they need no introduction or explanation.

And no one is should be without question.

IMHO, it is madness to want rid of the TTA. They have shown no evidence of being egocentric like Chris Moore, mentioning his name in the same snetence is insulting.

They have backed their mangers, they have admitted mistakes.

The fund losses every week

THere is no one waiting in the wings to pump money in.

They have not deterred anyone coming in from investing

The club is virtually on open sale.

They want to build a new stadium, and there are limited locations that have Council support. And are honouring their promise of elaving us in better shape (financially than when they joined) It would be unfair to take a snapshot now.

Of course they are going to make some money out of OLdham, but why begrudge them that I am puzzled.

They have spent, in my estimation £10million on LAtics, on gates of 4,000 and a bit

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the situation is alot more complicated than that. I'd like them to stay because I genuinely like them and I think they're genuine lads. But as I've said before I'm VERY uncomfortable about the Failsworth project and would far rather see us continue the search for inward investment (and if that meant a takeover and TTA leaving then so be it) to fill the financial gap to allow us to stay at and redevelop BP.

As for making a profit, I'd love to see some realistic figures to show how that might happen, whatever the land deal. If they are looking for an exit plan I think it'll be much more in terms of cutting losses than making a profit.

Oh, and they're in a lot further than £10M that's for certain.

You can't doubt their intentions and you can't argue that they want to safeguard our future regardless of them being here or not in a season or two.

So let me tell you where I am.....I'm in

However, I really want them to fund a few loan players because we desperately need them regardless of what Dave Penney said on the official site last week claiming that he doesn't need to dip into the market. My feeling is that his statement is due to funds now being made available so the owners now need to cough up.

Still trying to figure out what I would be doing with my Saturday afternoons if they had not ridden into town (no bad how the situation appears at the moment)

Absolutely right there. People have short memories and while I would love it if we had a rich arab to buy us out (aint going to happen), I am gratful that we have a team and despite the millions they have pumped in they still get constantly criticised.

Still trying to figure out what I would be doing with my Saturday afternoons if they had not ridden into town (no bad how the situation appears at the moment)

ridiculas poll is this

i couldnt really care less if they do make a profit or break even with selling bp and the land

these guys have done more in 6 years than any other owners we have had

safeguarded our future brought stability to the club and the financial side,willing to stick there own cash in even though were still losing money.

nobody expected them to get every decision right on or off the field,they have done what they considered best for latics at the time.

if the council had got its head from up its arse in time when we first mentioned redevelopment,we would be looking at a very different bp right now,one almost fully redeveloped.

instead there having to wheel and deal to bring us a new ground that will eventually sustain our future for many years to come.

yes i want them to dig a little deeper,or this season will be a major struggle,but i wouldnt want them to just walk away.

everybody knows how much they are dissapointed by the oldham public,for not backing the club more...do we really want them to feel like leaving because once loyal fans are now saying they should leave now or face something.....what??? what are they going to face if they dont.

I must be the only one who is grateful to them for saving the club I love and keep it running each day?

What is going on in your heads? we are not Man City or Notts County! WAKE UP!

At the time when we were close to extinction and in some cases the times before if we could have fast-forwarded time and looked at the opinions and mentality of some of our, and I say this term very very loosely ‘fans’ as they are today, then we would be absolutely flabbergasted and disgusted.

To think we could be that ungrateful and naive especially in these economic and volatile times in the world of football at the lower league levels.

I am not saying people should conform to my way of thinking far from it, but please think of the consciences of your knee jerk solutions if they were to go your way.

I wonder if we were to ask an Accrington Stanley fan what they think? Would they like a purpose built stadium and three owners willing to bankroll their club?

Were obviously not the first club to move homes and will not be the last, it says a great deal about the Town of Oldham and provides an excellent insight as to why the town and club are in the state their in especially if there are people unwilling to move with the times and that are happy to live off fading memories of happier times rather than work together to build our own success and change our fortunes for the here and now and the future!

Success for Oldham Athletic has to be earned it wont come overnight.

Like the kids I see everyday our fans expect everything to be given to them, they moan about the circumstances and situations they are in, but if you offer them a way out but they have to work for it to succeed what happens?... They don't want to know.

Those who can do, those who cant condemn on OWTB.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

ridiculas poll is this

i couldnt really care less if they do make a profit or break even with selling bp and the land

these guys have done more in 6 years than any other owners we have had

safeguarded our future brought stability to the club and the financial side,willing to stick there own cash in even though were still losing money.

nobody expected them to get every decision right on or off the field,they have done what they considered best for latics at the time.

if the council had got its head from up its arse in time when we first mentioned redevelopment,we would be looking at a very different bp right now,one almost fully redeveloped.

instead there having to wheel and deal to bring us a new ground that will eventually sustain our future for many years to come.

yes i want them to dig a little deeper,or this season will be a major struggle,but i wouldnt want them to just walk away.

everybody knows how much they are dissapointed by the oldham public,for not backing the club more...do we really want them to feel like leaving because once loyal fans are now saying they should leave now or face something.....what??? what are they going to face if they dont.

Agree with your post apart from the first 4 words. I asked Singe to conduct a optimism/ pesimism(spelling?) poll in an attempt to sort out the doom and gloom merchants on this forum.

I think that he and many others have done well

I know that things appear bleak at the moment but sincerely believe that Alan Hardy Deave Penny and off course (the TTA) have our best interest at heart

(SC looked gutted at times when fronted by negative comments from alleged fans at the North Chadderton Meeting

Latics is my club. It's deep within my soul and as such it's so precious to my core. Hence why no matter what good people do it's only good until tomorrow's ill.

However, let me share what one of TTA once did for me and I believe this shines an inner light into these guys. Years ago now via jklatics it become known I was going to New York for the first time visiting. The next time I attended BP was for a reserve fixture and on passing the one amigo he asked about my forth coming trip. He asked had I planned to go to a baseball game whilst there. As it turned out at that point I hadn't, but he said they had tickets to the Mets and if I emailed him with the dates and hotel I was staying at I was welcome to the Mets tickets.

Upon arrival at the hotel I was given said tickets to the Mets game along with the following nights tickets to the Yankies. Tell me one other club where that would happen?

I will never forget that.

Edited by Lags

Latics is my club. It's deep within my soul and as such it's so precious to my core. Hence why no matter what good people do it's only good until tomorrow's ill.

However, let me share what one of TTA once did for me and I believe this shines an inner light into these guys. Years ago now via jklatics it become known I was going to New York for the first time visiting. The next time I attended BP was for a reserve fixture and on passing the one amigo he asked about my forth coming trip. He asked had I planned to go to a baseball game whilst there. As it turned out at that point I hadn't, but he said they had tickets to the Mets and if I emailed him with the dates and hotel I was staying at I was welcome to the Mets tickets.

Upon arrival at the hotel I was given said tickets to the Mets game along with the following nights tickets to the Yankies. Tell me one other club where that would happen?

Very good gesture.

I couldn't name one.

TTA have shown dynamism, openess, commitment and have backed every manager the best they could. Long may it continue as I believe the club is in safe hands under their tenure.

Yet another in a long line of ridiculous polls, these polls are almost as bad as some of the recent threads. It’s worth remembering we nearly had no football club at all isn’t now the time the players, manager , and TTA need our support the most.

The poll isn't ridiculous. The choices within it are.

The question should be "When should TTA leave".

The only answers should be:

1) Never, they saved us and we love them dearly.

2) When they have identfied a suitable backer who can and will do a better job financially than they do, at whatever point in time that happens.

3) Go now and sod the consequences.

I vote (2), surprisingly enough.

Why all the cries of "If TTA leave it's the end of the club"?

Surely it would just mean the end of (for example) Pawel Abbott, Sean Gregan, Kiegan Parker, the goalkeeping coach and some overnight stays?

Of course it would probably also lead to the end of the Failsworth move, but that would suit me down to the ground.

There seems open hostility from some posters about the TTA. This poll is a reaction to that.

So a simple question, should they stay or should they go.

EVeryone knows that we have problems this season, but everyone knows that the TTA saved the club, so they need no introduction or explanation.

And no one is should be without question.

IMHO, it is madness to want rid of the TTA. They have shown no evidence of being egocentric like Chris Moore, mentioning his name in the same snetence is insulting.

They have backed their mangers, they have admitted mistakes.

The fund losses every week

THere is no one waiting in the wings to pump money in.

They have not deterred anyone coming in from investing

The club is virtually on open sale.

They want to build a new stadium, and there are limited locations that have Council support. And are honouring their promise of elaving us in better shape (financially than when they joined) It would be unfair to take a snapshot now.

Of course they are going to make some money out of OLdham, but why begrudge them that I am puzzled.

They have spent, in my estimation £10million on LAtics, on gates of 4,000 and a bit

I don't intend to vote in this stupid poll. Polls are used as a way of preventing or pre-empting seriois discussion of complex problems that can't be summarised in a few lines.

However, as others have pointed out, the average gate was well over 6000 when TTA arrived.

Lets drop the myth of there being only 4000 people interested in the club in Oldham. The central problem is that the club consistently fails to do what it takes to sustain the interest of the much larger numbers who view the club sympathetically.

I wonder if we were to ask an Accrington Stanley fan what they think? Would they like a purpose built stadium and three owners willing to bankroll their club?

Statements like this inadvertently explain why the club is heading for non-league status.

All that's happened over the past ten years is that the process by which the town loses professional football has been delayed by a decade. We were heading that way under Stott and Brierley and we are still going that way.

You'll see.

I know that things appear bleak at the moment but sincerely believe that Alan Hardy Deave Penny and off course (the TTA) have our best interest at heart

It doesn't matter in the slightest who does or doesn't have the club's best interests at heart.

It's what gets done in practical terms that counts.

Edited by Zorrro

Yet another in a long line of ridiculous polls, these polls are almost as bad as some of the recent threads. It’s worth remembering we nearly had no football club at all isn’t now the time the players, manager , and TTA need our support the most.

But penryhn, there are people that are openly saying the TTA should go.

tHey then say that everyone they speak to says the same thing.

Yet when there is a poll, 80-90% don;t agree with that.

I did this poll, not becasue I think the TTA shoudl go , bt to show that most pople think they should not go.

And I 100% agree with you why.

Some people though think or are trying to create some element of doubt, or a bangwagon or are just to simple to realise what the TTA have done and do.

I am trying to show this by asking a straight question.

The result speaks for itself.

Why all the cries of "If TTA leave it's the end of the club"?

Surely it would just mean the end of (for example) Pawel Abbott, Sean Gregan, Kiegan Parker, the goalkeeping coach and some overnight stays?

Of course it would probably also lead to the end of the Failsworth move, but that would suit me down to the ground.

Becasue stich, who else is going to fund the losses.

Sure it might mean the end of the Failsworth move, but ut would equally likely mean a Conference budget because we woudl have to live within our means.A

And boundary Park will become a carbuncle, even more than it is know, with paint peeling off etc.

I don't think dropping a division or 3 is worth the sacrifice.

You cannot say we might just stay up, you are supposing what might happen at Failsworth, and we don't KNOW what will happen thre either.