I think its time to give Abbott a break

Strikers are confidence players and Abbott is running low. I looked in the paper today and he got a mark of 5. Obviously he needs a break.

I think playing 4-5-1 and grinding out a couple of dour draws has to be the next step. We need to become hard to beat. Abbott plays to deep to carry out a lone strikers role.

Strikers are confidence players and Abbott is running low. I looked in the paper today and he got a mark of 5. Obviously he needs a break.

I think playing 4-5-1 and grinding out a couple of dour draws has to be the next step. We need to become hard to beat. Abbott plays to deep to carry out a lone strikers role.

you need a break from posting on this forum he needs matches as he was injured for a while and missed matches give him a few more games

He played far better than a five - he led the line well and is by far our best forward - he needs a goal poacher to play off him - not sure I agree that his confidence is low? :unsure:

Yeah ok BRF to massage your ego I will agree to drop the best striker at the club, maybe we can play Flash Lawton upfront to keep your crazy ideas on this messageboard going :grin:

Views on this should be assessed on a Pole.

thanks for actualy coming up with a sensible post that can be discussed sensible instead of the crap you have posted in other threads.

although i dont agree i see where you are coming from. as i have only managed to get to the millwall game away from home i cant judge how he has played in the others but have been to al the home games. he does seem to be very much about confidence and his does seem to be quite low but who else could we play up there? blackman and parker are surely to similar i.e. full of pace. without abbot who will be the target an going to hold it up and bring others into the game? i think as a posed to giving him a rest we should look at other options like different formation or way of playing that would suit him and others in the team. i think parker and blackman or taylor on either side of him would work well as it provdes plenty of pace around him and should give us some much needed width which in about 90% of the matches i have seen this year we have lacked. if we put good balls into the box he will find the back of the net.

the 451 formation would also allow for worthington :censored: and furman to all play in the middle which would give us a good mix of hard work an creativity in the middle and would hopefully help out the defensive side of things

Haha, nice one. Basing a players performance and current form based on a mark out of ten from the Sun. :grin:

As much as i hate to admitt it BRF is slightly correct, drop abbott from starting line-up for next game - lets see how we play without him upfront, maybe our players will try to play football instead of doing a big hoof up to him, for him to hold up while waitin 10 minutes for someone to get forward, the team are not fair on abbott, placing to much pressure on him, lets see how they manage without him

As much as i hate to admitt it BRF is slightly correct, drop abbott from starting line-up for next game - lets see how we play without him upfront, maybe our players will try to play football instead of doing a big hoof up to him, for him to hold up while waitin 10 minutes for someone to get forward, the team are not fair on abbott, placing to much pressure on him, lets see how they manage without him

If the midfield sometimes ran past him we might offer more of a threat.We're still very pedestrian in this area imo.

On the whole I've liked Abbott, but nothing frustrates me more in a match when we're in possession and you see a striker in his own half. Plays far too deep. I'd rather he effectively 'goal hanged' (or staying close to the defensive line) so we have someone up their to have shots on goal.

On the whole I've liked Abbott, but nothing frustrates me more in a match when we're in possession and you see a striker in his own half. Plays far too deep. I'd rather he effectively 'goal hanged' (or staying close to the defensive line) so we have someone up their to have shots on goal.

A 'goal hanger' is exactly the type of addition we need imo, someone to be there to finish off any chances we may create.

Someone in the rodger wylde,hughes mould etc.

The strikers we've had recently either spend their time in the oppositions half or out wide on the wing,thus not enough bodies in the box.