Southend ? It's now in London!

Geography not webmonkey's strong point

If you are going to Southend on Saturday, don't get your directions from our Official Webmonkey!! :grin:

See last para!

Reason for edit: Article now been changed to saySouthend is in "the South" rather than London. Well done Ackey!

Edited by LaticsPete

Geography not webmonkey's strong point

If you are going to Southend on Saturday, don't get your directions from our Official Webmonkey!! :grin:

See last para!

Reason for edit: Article now been changed to saySouthend is in "the South" rather than London. Well done Ackey!

For someone who spent ten months travelling the world, I will confess my geography (especially UK counties, actually) is dreadful.

In my defence, and it's a weak one I'll grant you, the team are staying in the same hotel as for Leyton Orient and so I did an ol' fashioned 2+2=5!

It's a good job Roy 'The Stig' Butterworth does the driving for us on away days isn't it? :lol:

Ste

It's a good job Roy 'The Stig' Butterworth does the driving for us on away days isn't it? :lol:

Bloody Hell! It must be confusing if both Roy and Gordon are known as Stig.

(For entirely different reasons, obviously).

(I certainly haven't forgotten Roy's "Gordon's gone for a dump!" slip-up on LaticsWorld).

For someone who spent ten months travelling the world, I will confess my geography (especially UK counties, actually) is dreadful.

In my defence, and it's a weak one I'll grant you, the team are staying in the same hotel as for Leyton Orient and so I did an ol' fashioned 2+2=5!

Ste

1. You were only meant to be gone for a week but got lost

2. Weaker than

Jan Budtz

Seb Hines Neil Firm Mark Watson JohnThompson

:lol:

Edited by LaticsPete

I want to know why there is NO INFORMATION on the clubs official site about ticket prices. Its almost as if there not bothered about our fans going down watching the match.

If you click on "Ticket Homepage" link under the "Tickets" tab then this page loads.

On that page the first article is titled "Home Ticket Prices 2009/10" - it is here if you need a direct link.

This page contains ticket prices for the 2009/10 season.

I hope that helps Tom, if you have any further questions you can reach me via the email link below.

Regards,

Ste

OAFC

If you click on "Ticket Homepage" link under the "Tickets" tab then this page loads.

On that page the first article is titled "Home Ticket Prices 2009/10" - it is here if you need a direct link.

This page contains ticket prices for the 2009/10 season.

I hope that helps Tom, if you have any further questions you can reach me via the email link below.

Regards,

Ste

OAFC

The thread is about Southend. Tom is trying to find out ticket info re Southend, possibly in the hope of saving money by buying in advance. We used to get the info early enough to take advantage of savings by buying when attending BP for the home game preceeding the away match to avoid a special trip to BP.

The thread is about Southend. Tom is trying to find out ticket info re Southend, possibly in the hope of saving money by buying in advance. We used to get the info early enough to take advantage of savings by buying when attending BP for the home game preceeding the away match to avoid a special trip to BP.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention DS.

As someone who's never travelled to away games on a regular basis I don't appreciate the intricacies of booking tickets etc. - no matter how obvious they may seem.

As you can appreciate unless you do something yourself the simplest of things can pass you buy as insignificant, when in fact they are vital.

As a result I will endeavour to improve the service I am providing on this front.

I would, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, like to ask that for these types of suggestions people contact me via email.

To my knowledge, this is the first time this issue has been raised and I will immediately address the situation, however an email from Tom, or anyone else effected, would have been a much more efficient approach.

Regards,

Ste

Thank you for bringing this to my attention DS.

As someone who's never travelled to away games on a regular basis I don't appreciate the intricacies of booking tickets etc. - no matter how obvious they may seem.

As you can appreciate unless you do something yourself the simplest of things can pass you buy as insignificant, when in fact they are vital.

As a result I will endeavour to improve the service I am providing on this front.

I would, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, like to ask that for these types of suggestions people contact me via email.

To my knowledge, this is the first time this issue has been raised and I will immediately address the situation, however an email from Tom, or anyone else effected, would have been a much more efficient approach.

Regards,

Ste

I, and I presume the average fan, assumes the Ticket Office liaises with you re away match ticket availability. There will be plenty of people on the lookout for Charlton ticket info soon.

I, and I presume the average fan, assumes the Ticket Office liaises with you re away match ticket availability. There will be plenty of people on the lookout for Charlton ticket info soon.

You are correct, I received the Southend information yesterday and I have put ticket information on for all games so far this season, I think?

The point I was looking to make is that if the service is inadequate - in this case due to the amount of time between the information going online and the game itself - then an email from a concerned fan would have encouraged me to be more proactive, in seeking the information for the site.

Cheers,

Ste