Craig Davies goes up in the world

Guest sheridans_world

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davies has the potential to be a (relatively) great player, with the right management, advice and coaching. Very talented player, never had a problem with his work ethic; did much more work than some other players we had playing for us at the time.

Many managers appear to have tried. And failed.

I have little problem with his ability or work ethic.

It was his inability to follow instruction and not be a complete cock.

Some silly comments on here - Craig Davies was another guy who got some highly unusual criticism from ignorant fans. Good player at times, needed to learn to channel his runs better and also needed to learn to play up top with a partner. Used to do a lot of running though, and scored that winner at Tranmere. That was awesome...

:laught16:

Possibly the brighest talent within the last ten years to ever grace the Boundary Park turf. Treated disgracefully by the club, will be in the premier league within a few years. #10

:laught16: ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Mate, I agree I think the club are terrible and shouldnt have made him headbut somebody. Its bad that they should make him do that.

We should also forgive the fact that he was an overpaid premadonna who couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo.

His greatest gift was the tattoo on his neck which should have read............... "i'm the dogs f*****g bollocks"!

Some silly comments on here - Craig Davies was another guy who got some highly unusual criticism from ignorant fans. Good player at times, needed to learn to channel his runs better and also needed to learn to play up top with a partner. Used to do a lot of running though, and scored that winner at Tranmere. That was awesome...

Current form...................... shows him for what he always was.

:laught16:

:laught16: ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Mate, I agree I think the club are terrible and shouldnt have made him headbut somebody. Its bad that they should make him do that.

We should also forgive the fact that he was an overpaid premadonna who couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo.

His greatest gift was the tattoo on his neck which should have read............... "i'm the dogs f*****g bollocks"!

14 goals aint a bad banjo player!!

Oh sorry....you've forgot all of that....

Current form...................... shows him for what he always was.

To be fair, I think you are underdoing his ability (see Huddersfield away). He wasn't without talent.

But he was greedy, insolent and completely ignorant to what a magnificent position he was in.

I hate him, like I hate Lee Trundle (if Lee Trundle wasn't scouse). What a waste.

To be fair, I think you are underdoing his ability (see Huddersfield away). He wasn't without talent.

But he was greedy, insolent and completely ignorant to what a magnificent position he was in.

I hate him, like I hate Lee Trundle (if Lee Trundle wasn't scouse). What a waste.

I totally agree. He had a great talent. I'm serious. But he will end up playing Sunday league within 2 years because he had the worst attitude I have ever seen!

Fact.

His career has declined since leaving us. He thought he was better than us.

No I havn't................. he has! How many has he got in the last 2 years??????????????????????????????

I don't give a flying for the last 12/18 months....he's with a different club! My point is that had our manager had the patience/been sober enough to remember how he got the best out of Davies, we may have kept him, nurtured him and got the very best out of a potentially good league 1 striker....

Though reading some of the idiotic, clueless comments on here of late, we don't seem to give many players/managers much chance of making a mistake or two, regardless of ability

My point is that had our manager had the patience/been sober enough to remember how he got the best out of Davies, we may have kept him

>

>

>

>

Though reading some of the idiotic, clueless comments on here of late, we don't seem to give many players/managers much chance of making a mistake or two, regardless of ability

Cough.

I don't give a flying for the last 12/18 months....he's with a different club! My point is that had our manager had the patience/been sober enough to remember how he got the best out of Davies, we may have kept him, nurtured him and got the very best out of a potentially good league 1 striker....

Thats bull:censored:. You can blame Shez, Hardy, TTA or feckin Maggie Thatcher for me...... He only ever had 18 months in a 6 - 7 year career so far and it turned out that it was for us (and a few games on loan at Stockport). You can try and claim all you like that you are a football talent spotting genious but it aint washing mate. He is dump :grin:

Whole lot of crazy in this thread lol

so it's all down to shez that Davies was bit of a scum bag, lacked enough qaulity to continue his scoring here or at any other club in the last 18 months or however long it's been. No doubt Davies behaviour before joining the club was Shezs fault.

Like I said, a whole lot or crazy..

Edited by oafc0000

Did we really sign known problem players Hughes, Davies and Ricketts at the same time and expect Sheridan to be able to manage them?

A big ask for any boss!

I did say in an earlier post that I couldn't knock his scoring record. Soccerbase suggests I should.

84 league starts (142 games including sub appearances) and 24 goals is not a great career record. 1 every 6 games for a striker?

Let's strip out anything pre-Latics and it's 55 starts (71 appearances) and 16 goals. Less than a goal every 4 games.

Even stripping out sub appearances he isn't scoring 1 in 3. Combine that with the whiff of being a problem player and why the hell would we want him back?

Edited by opinions4u

Did we really sign known problem players Hughes, Davies and Ricketts at the same time and expect Sheridan to be able to manage them?

A big ask for any boss!

I did say in an earlier post that I couldn't knock his scoring record. Soccerbase suggests I should.

84 league starts (142 games including sub appearances) and 24 goals is not a great career record. 1 every 6 games for a striker?

Let's strip out anything pre-Latics and it's 55 starts (71 appearances) and 16 goals. Less than a goal every 4 games.

Even stripping out sub appearances he isn't scoring 1 in 3. Combine that with the whiff of being a problem player and why the hell would we want him back?

perfectly put

another question is did shez even sign them?

Probably not, although I would hope he had the right of veto on them.

If I was to transport myself back in time I wouldn't have touched Hughes with a bargepole, I thought Ricketts was a great signing and didn't have a clue about Davies.

perfectly put

Thank you sir. But you know he'll score next week. Get yourself down to BP again next week. Bring a mate.

Edited by opinions4u

I was down Devon yesterday and listened to the Yeovil match on local radio ,

Sounded like Latics old boys -

Kabba , Davies , JP Kalala and Terrible Forbes .

Commentator mentioned that Terrible has the worst own goal record of any league player , Don't know if that's true but it wont be far off !!!

None of them did anything worth mentioning.

Edited by losesome