Gregan, Brill rubes et al

After weeks and weeks of criticism - some very harsh imo, well done on an excellent clean sheet today at a very tough place to go, having seen us win there last year, i'm sure those who have gone today will have some very positive words to say about a good team performance.

For the baffoons who begin topics with negative, impatient, claptrap - move on, there's nothing to see here! :wink:

After weeks and weeks of criticism - some very harsh imo, well done on an excellent clean sheet today at a very tough place to go, having seen us win there last year, i'm sure those who have gone today will have some very positive words to say about a good team performance.

For the baffoons who begin topics with negative, impatient, claptrap - move on, there's nothing to see here! :wink:

Ere ere Mr.Briefs!!!! :ktf:

Last November.

We won at Southend and then scraped past Walsall at BP.

The last time Latics won 2 games on the bounce.

The 4-0 win over Cheltenham in August 2008 was the last time they completed 3 wins on the trot.

the back five were very good today.. rubes greegan and brill were faultless with greegan heading two of the line in the last minute... great stuff and a deserved win

Sheehan gives us balance and Lomax is a good right back. He isn't a Left back. Most of his negative press is when he plays at left back (Hereford away)

To be fair his 'negative press' has generally been that he's a third division player. Which is fair enough really.

I quite like him, but he is no more or less than that.

when was the last time we kept back-to-back clean sheets? Can't remember who it was that described Gregan as 'the new Ronaldo' in the chat during the match after his step-over in the first half.....don't think he'd take that as a compliment to be honest.... :grin:

when was the last time we kept back-to-back clean sheets? Can't remember who it was that described Gregan as 'the new Ronaldo' in the chat during the match after his step-over in the first half.....don't think he'd take that as a compliment to be honest.... :grin:

You may be right Rosa..his teeth aren't that big... :grin:

Hey presto...do their jobs and look what happens!!! Well done to them!!! Keep it up...one swallow doesn't make...a season!!!

Colbeck was poor. Whitaker was poor until moved onto the right.

The rest of them well played. Parker best game in a Latics shirt by some distance. Brill dealt with everything comfortably and confidently. Gregan better than Rubes.. but Hazell was much improved. Furman was decent but my days he dives in on tackles a hell of a lot.

Please keep Sheehan longer!!

Colbeck was poor. Whitaker was poor until moved onto the right.

The rest of them well played. Parker best game in a Latics shirt by some distance. Brill dealt with everything comfortably and confidently. Gregan better than Rubes.. but Hazell was much improved. Furman was decent but my days he dives in on tackles a hell of a lot.

Please keep Sheehan longer!!

I agree with the homosexual poster above. Parker was a problem, and dived excellently for the penalty. Sheehan was like a man possessed. Not many players would have either tried that flick over the full backs head in the first half or followed through and gone in to win it when it was 20/80 against him when it came down. I'm not sure about Whits yesterday. One chance that he would have creamed if it had fallen to his left, couldn't see the point of him taking corners when it's pretty claear he isn't going to put it over, but it's an option to have him come in from the right

I agree with the homosexual poster above. Parker was a problem, and dived excellently for the penalty. Sheehan was like a man possessed. Not many players would have either tried that flick over the full backs head in the first half or followed through and gone in to win it when it was 20/80 against him when it came down. I'm not sure about Whits yesterday. One chance that he would have creamed if it had fallen to his left, couldn't see the point of him taking corners when it's pretty claear he isn't going to put it over, but it's an option to have him come in from the right

Whits was shocking in the middle nearly cost us a goal from giving the ball away when under no pressure, and was often easily outmuscled off the ball. I have to say he is the only midfielder we seem to have who can link the midfield with attack and would keep him in the team. He's a good player but far too inconsistent which is why he's at our place.

Colbeck I really am not convinced is good enough.

Otherwise positives all round yesterday apart from one drunken southerner at the front shouting absolute drivell!

As one of the few OAFC supporters there (and never one to "knock" players in over 40 years), I can say that the "optimism" is too much too soon. The game I saw was between two very average mid table league one sides. You could count the scoring opportunities on one hand for each side. Both sides missed them (except for a "down the middle" penalty).

As one of the few OAFC supporters there (and never one to "knock" players in over 40 years), I can say that the "optimism" is too much too soon. The game I saw was between two very average mid table league one sides. You could count the scoring opportunities on one hand for each side. Both sides missed them (except for a "down the middle" penalty).

Latics had 8 scoring opportunities - 7 shots on target and 1 off target - how do you manage to find gloves that fit ya? :wink:

Latics had 8 scoring opportunities - 7 shots on target and 1 off target - how do you manage to find gloves that fit ya? :wink:

It could easily have gone either way. Like all average division 3 sides, we both lacked players with flair and a finisher.

Come back at the end of the season and we'll see where we are.

I'll be very happy to be proven wrong!