does anyone on this board live in or near to liverpool?

I'm sure Rosa lives over that way.

The OASIS board is set up for this type of thing. Lift sharing etc.

Better luck than the INSANE lads/lasses who couldn't organise a shandy in a beer and lemonade factory.

NB. And if you can go via Warrington you can try and persaude Mr 000000000000000 to start going to games.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I work in Woolston and as such would be more than happy to offer a lift TO home night matches.....couldn't offer you a lift back though i'm afraid.

I take it that was aimed at me..

WOW!, That is a really nice offer!! Thanks very much!

I live in Warrington but I am currently working out of Wigan. So getting to the games is not that hard, its the getting home part that is harder. I havent been to night games for ages as it really is a chore. I would not get back in till gone 11pm at the best. And then I am back up 6am to go back to work... Also with a little one on the way I doubt this will be changing any time soon :)

As LaticsPete was so quick to point out, I am currently not going to the games but offers like this can only help bring me back to the fold :) Thank you :) You sir are a gentlemen :D

Edited by oafc0000

i live in wavertree. i need a way to go to watch latics saturday too if you would like petrol money if you're driving

the national express stops on edge lane near the botanic gardens and drops off in chadderton. or you can get the train to victoria from wavertree technology park/edge hill.

I take it that was aimed at me..

WOW!, That is a really nice offer!! Thanks very much!

I live in Warrington but I am currently working out of Wigan. So getting to the games is not that hard, its the getting home part that is harder. I havent been to night games for ages as it really is a chore. I would not get back in till gone 11pm at the best. And then I am back up 6am to go back to work... Also with a little one on the way I doubt this will be changing any time soon :)

As LaticsPete was so quick to point out, I am currently not going to the games but offers like this can only help bring me back to the fold :) Thank you :) You sir are a gentlemen :D

Don't you work in Manc city centre?

oafc0000

post Nov 30 2008, 22:43 PM

Post #67

Group: OWTB Member

Member No.: 1,204

Team: Oldham Athletic

I own a small business... I operate in Manchester.... Im not worried....

How exactly is this going to effect a small business ? Surly if your preaching it you can explain it ?

Edited by F.O.B.

While we're on the subject of Warrington... (nice bit of subversive thread hijacking there - glad Scouse Latic was still able to get something useful out of the thread! Sorry about that!)

From sometime in the next 3 months or so I'm going to be working in Warrington (actually Birchwood) ... unless I can find myself a new job by then. :unsure:

oafc0000

Post #67

How exactly is this going to effect a small business ? Surly if your preaching it you can explain it ?

Nope... Things change and people move on :) Combination of Warrington and Wigan at the moment...

Edited by oafc0000

While we're on the subject of Warrington... (nice bit of subversive thread hijacking there - glad Scouse Latic was still able to get something useful out of the thread! Sorry about that!)

From sometime in the next 3 months or so I'm going to be working in Warrington (actually Birchwood) ... unless I can find myself a new job by then. :unsure:

I worked in Birchwood years ago while based in Oldham. Its alright to be honest. Most the offices there are alright and there is a little shopping centre in easy walking distance. Also served by the main Liverpool to Manchester train line.

I worked in Birchwood years ago while based in Oldham. Its alright to be honest. Most the offices there are alright and there is a little shopping centre in easy walking distance. Also served by the main Liverpool to Manchester train line.

Yep, our main gripes are internal ones (not enough desks or parking spaces). Commuting-wise it shouldn't be too bad (from Wilmslow), it's just a case of picking Barton Bridge or Thelwall Viaduct and hoping the traffic jam is on the other one that day...

Yep, our main gripes are internal ones (not enough desks or parking spaces). Commuting-wise it shouldn't be too bad (from Wilmslow), it's just a case of picking Barton Bridge or Thelwall Viaduct and hoping the traffic jam is on the other one that day...

Cant you get the train ?

Parking was a problem when I worked there... Each of the bigger offices come with about 50 spaces (if memory serves me correctly) but the offices hold far more than that... So you ended up with people parking on the roads around the offices but just as I was moving on they started clamping cars doing this, so watch out.

I think a lot of people just parked at the Asda... But I suppose that has its own risks...

oafc0000

Post #67

Bloody hell are you a private investigator? you dug that one out of the archives!

Cant you get the train ?

Parking was a problem when I worked there... Each of the bigger offices come with about 50 spaces (if memory serves me correctly) but the offices hold far more than that... So you ended up with people parking on the roads around the offices but just as I was moving on they started clamping cars doing this, so watch out.

I think a lot of people just parked at the Asda... But I suppose that has its own risks...

You'd think train would work out, but it doesn't. Total journey time, including walking and waiting for trains (and buses unless I walk 4 miles a day) is somewhere between 90 mins and two hours. If I could get that down to an hour I'd consider it.