Kids' Chance To Get Shirty...LATICS SUPER SEVENS

0,,10337~7388571,00.jpg

Kids' Chance To Get Shirty

This season, for the first time ever, Latics are introducing a novel scheme to encourage youngsters to support their local team.

Latics will be giving away 500 free replica shirts this season to seven year old children in the town.

Children will be presented with their shirts at half time at the remaining matches during this season, starting with the home game against Huddersfield Town on Sunday 1st November.

Super 7's for the Local Kids

Latics Chief Executive Alan Hardy says '"It is important that we encourage the youngsters in the town to have an affinity with their local club at an early age. If we can catch them young, and they enjoy their visit to Boundary Park, we hope they continue to be Latics fans for the rest of their lives"

0,,10337~7388588,00.jpg

Wow a marketing idea which might work from the club- someone check the sky for flying pigs.

Also cue the bloke on here who's little un is 8 and so isn't entitiled but has been going for 30+ years and bringing his little un for 6 having a moan.

Its a great idea that if done correctly should help show the brand of OAFC on the streets and playing fields of Oldham when the kids start to wear their Latic shirt instead of an Arsenal, Chelski or :censored:y - Manure one !!!

Hope it hits the schools and and the club use the Boundary Blues database ! :wink:

I love this idea...

Can I suggest something else as well... A replica top is pretty expensive while simple printed T shirts dont have to be... If this idea seems to work how about doing the same thing on a bigger scale with cheaper printed shirts...with club badge and latics written on them...

Young kids in primary school would happily wear them with pride I would of thought... Just an idea...

Edited by oafc0000

:lol:

can you tell me when this idea was thought up?

its a bit of a coincidence that we are talking about how the marketing of the club in non existent, then this idea pops up out of the blue

good idea though, i just find it a bit funny

My little girl dances for Blues Crew and although she dances she doesn't have a big interest in Latics apart from Chaddy Owl of course. Now she's 7 in May and I reckon this sort of initiative may just tip her over the edge into a fully-fledged Latic - would she miss out on this?

My boy's a lost cause he's a BOundary Blue Season Ticket holder, and a blue through and through (except when Barca are on TV)

I love this idea...

Can I suggest something else as well... A replica top is pretty expensive while simple printed T shirts dont have to be... If this idea seems to work how about doing the same thing on a bigger scale with cheaper printed shirts...with club badge and latics written on them...

Young kids in primary school would happily wear them with pride I would of thought... Just an idea...

Yep, whilst it's hard to fault the club on this that could make sense. Kids shirts are probably cheaper to the club than we care to know however! :grin:

Maybe the sweetie chap on here could strike a deal to contribute to a goody bag?

:lol:

can you tell me when this idea was thought up?

its a bit of a coincidence that we are talking about how the marketing of the club in non existent, then this idea pops up out of the blue

good idea though, i just find it a bit funny

It is something the club have been thinking about for a while to be fair, it was first mentioned to me back in June during a meeting at the club. The basic idea is based on an incentive tried at Notts Forest

The idea itself is sound, the delivery as mentioned else were needs to do the idea justice and that is were we ALL come in !!

Ricrado has already done what we ALL need to do, tell your friends who have kids, your neighbours even your enemies :wink:

[quote name='Stitch_KTF' date='Oct 7 2009, 14:44 PM' post='316175'

Maybe the sweetie chap on here could strike a deal to contribute to a goody bag?

Kinda proves my point over a lack of joined up thinking :wink:

...but I'm certainly not knocking this idea, very good move from the club! So well done them.

[quote name='Stitch_KTF' date='Oct 7 2009, 14:44 PM' post='316175'

Kinda proves my point over a lack of joined up thinking :wink:

...but I'm certainly not knocking this idea, very good move from the club! So well done them.

How about this.......

Let me know your ideas and I will implement were I can on behalf of the trust !! A goodie bag for each child who recieves a shirt or something similar

The trust is working with the Boundary Blues and Community Trust to bring kids to the game so I can incorporate this into my plans

• 2 weeks later...

The Advertiser reports that the club's commercial department and the community trust are giving away 500 free replica shirts to seven-year-old children in the town at various home games until the end of the season, starting with the Huddersfield game.

Parents and relatives who accompany the children will be given reduced price tickets and any siblings of the seven-year-olds will be admitted free of charge

http://www.oldhamadvertiser.co.uk//sport/f..._shirt_giveaway