Comedy Injuries while supporting Latics

Essentially- stung by a wasp (to which I may or may not be allergic) on the lip, lip swells, go to first aid room can't get treatment, have an ambulance ride to A+E, see size of queue in A+E, give up go home in cab get appropriate treatment there. Having left bottle of 'magic coke' underneath my seat.

An ambulance? They ought to have air-lifted you. ^_^

not latics related, but when barca scored the 5th goal v real scum at the burningcow last may.. was in't pub having way too many ,enjoying the goals rolling in.

it was game over (and la liga won)..i went apesh*t and proceeded to run outside the pub ,up and down the street celebrating.

i got about 5 yards down the road and proceeded to kissed the kerb. involuntary.

i'm sure i blacked out for a few seconds, cause next i know about 10 from inside the pub were outside wetting themselves at me,as i'm sat there completely dazed.i remember not much, but my arm, shoulder and knees are killing!

i've now been sober for 19 weeks. :grin:

life is good!

wrexham away 1980 (i think ) standing in the terrace watching latics warm up before the game , then wack i fall over after getting hit in the head by a ball from a hard kick from Ryszard Kowenicki, my ear and head hurt all the game but at least the week later Kowenicki on latics liner away ,he said sorry and gave me a team badge from his old club Widzew Łódź and the latics shirt he worn that match

Who were you?

The game: Port Vale or someone like that at home. 2003.

The place: Lookers Paddock.

The injury: Broken collar bone after toppling over trying to pick the ball up as it rested against the advertising board, causing the entire Lookers stand, players nearby and half the Chaddy to break out into spontanious fits of laughter. Then having the shame of being walked down the entire length of the touchline by the St. Johns Ambulance crew.

I salute you!

LOL, I distinctly remember this.

Did you used to work for a large fire and security company?

Who were you?

The game: Port Vale or someone like that at home. 2003.

The place: Lookers Paddock.

The injury: Broken collar bone after toppling over trying to pick the ball up as it rested against the advertising board, causing the entire Lookers stand, players nearby and half the Chaddy to break out into spontanious fits of laughter. Then having the shame of being walked down the entire length of the touchline by the St. Johns Ambulance crew.

I salute you!

THE LAD IS CALLED MATT POVAH

there was nothing wrong with him he said he felt like a KNOB so he just faked an injury

saw it myself... laughed even more when i noticed who it was :grin::lol:

there was nothing wrong with him he said he felt like a KNOB so he just faked an injury

I'm sure I saw him at the next home match with his arm in a sling

All the best drink injury stories end like this. :lol:

i'm DEADLY serious!!!

my last proper p*ss up was the 30 may 09 in la coruna after the barca game there.weekend after doing the whole of britain a favour by wopping the red scum in milan, it was a bit of a party there..way way too much consumed and being in la coruna for the first time, getting completely bladdered and lost didn't seem fun anymore.

out of a bar turn left and 100 yards back to the hotel... or, out of the bar turn right and wander the streets of the city completely lost for 5 hours.

way too many things like that have happened in my 28 years of p*ssed up moments, so for now, its been a very good call.

no more cuts,grazes and bruises on my knees, hands, head, shins and elbows..all "unexplained" or not remembered.

and NO BLOODY HANGOVERS!!! :grin:

but i miss escalator surfing on the barcelona metro..but thats a completely different chapter! B)

I was sat about 20 yards away. He did it on purpose. A dive Drogba would have been proud of.

My best was watching the stiffs play Liverpool, way back when the George Hill terrace was still there. John Wark cleared a ball at high velocity straight into my mush. Nowt broken, but could see stars for a week. And I dropped my pie. Devastated. :ranting:

Speaking of pie related instances

a couple of year back in the Chaddy end before the game a ball came flying up into the stand , just as the guy behind me was about to tuck into his meat and potatoe pie , the ball hit it so hard the pie disingrated into nothing and bits flew everywhere , I have never laughed so hard at a latics match it was so funny , then the harsh realisation I and many others had hot food on our clothes and body haha , the guy didnt look happy