Comedy Injuries while supporting Latics

Ah, this would be my territory then.

Peterborough away, the 2-2 game. Me and Mr Tulsehill unnaccountably left the ground considerably drunker than we entered it, and we hadn't entered it sober. Walking back to the station, a solitary burberry clad chav started furiously threatening us, without actually coming within 5 yards. He was threatening us with 200 of his mates waiting at the station etc. We continued walking, with me attempting to make the peace by blowing him kisses and winking at him as we went along. At some stage (it's all a bit hazy) a lady copper came along and started speaking to him. I walked past, giving him a final outrageous wink whilst I think the copperette was looking the other way. Then I fell over, I guess on a crack in the pavement or my own feet or something. The copper thought he'd decked me, he thought I was trying to get him fitted up. I thought my leg hurt, as indeed it would as I had done ligament damage that took about 5 months to heal.

Who were you?

The game: Port Vale or someone like that at home. 2003.

The place: Lookers Paddock.

The injury: Broken collar bone after toppling over trying to pick the ball up as it rested against the advertising board, causing the entire Lookers stand, players nearby and half the Chaddy to break out into spontanious fits of laughter. Then having the shame of being walked down the entire length of the touchline by the St. Johns Ambulance crew.

I salute you!

Ah, this would be my territory then.

Peterborough away, the 2-2 game. Me and Mr Tulsehill unnaccountably left the ground considerably drunker than we entered it, and we hadn't entered it sober. Walking back to the station, a solitary burberry clad chav started furiously threatening us, without actually coming within 5 yards. He was threatening us with 200 of his mates waiting at the station etc. We continued walking, with me attempting to make the peace by blowing him kisses and winking at him as we went along. At some stage (it's all a bit hazy) a lady copper came along and started speaking to him. I walked past, giving him a final outrageous wink whilst I think the copperette was looking the other way. Then I fell over, I guess on a crack in the pavement or my own feet or something. The copper thought he'd decked me, he thought I was trying to get him fitted up. I thought my leg hurt, as indeed it would as I had done ligament damage that took about 5 months to heal.

I'm quite stunned that this is the silly injury that you chose to mention first... :lol:

.. strangely this story has reminded me of the time when the 13 year old hard-man tried to 'out-psyche' me and you in the port-vale car park, and we just laughed our head off... but hey, perhaps another thread for 'away team wannabe hard men' is called for....

I'm quite stunned that this is the silly injury that you chose to mention first... :lol:

.. strangely this story has reminded me of the time when the 13 year old hard-man tried to 'out-psyche' me and you in the port-vale car park, and we just laughed our head off... but hey, perhaps another thread for 'away team wannabe hard men' is called for....

Oh yes. It it wasn't for that 2 foot 6 tall wall we'd have been in big trouble :grin: He might have come over and shouted at our kneecaps!

The game: Bristol City vs Latics 17-04-2006

The place: The road opposite the Rocky after the coach dropped us off!

The injury: prolapsed disc causing sciatica.

Well was on the coach (not the official one) And had a few too many, it was the day I discovered cheeky vimto!

Anyhow my mate came to pick us up from Boundary park and I fell out of his car completely wasted and couldn’t move for 3 weeks without pain :disappointed:

Who were you?

The injury: Broken collar bone after toppling over trying to pick the ball up as it rested against the advertising board, causing the entire Lookers stand, players nearby and half the Chaddy to break out into spontanious fits of laughter. Then having the shame of being walked down the entire length of the touchline by the St. Johns Ambulance crew.

I salute you!

I remember that, absolutely first class........sorry, don't know his name though.

Anyway, I presume the one BigFinn wanted was when I was so disbelieving of Super Gaz McDonald's left footed Exocet into the Scousers net that I made a point of waiting a second and checking for linesmens' flags - hence giving Father Dave time to leap up and smash his elbow into my nose, which I managed to break a couple of times in my youth, with tiresomely predictable consequences...

Who were you?

I salute you!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner.

Was it Vale? I always seem to think it was Barnsley for some reason and that he came running down the steps and went arse over tit over the hoardings. Though guess it just got sort of exaggerated the more the story got told to non 'tics.

Always remember him getting a standing ovation from most of the Lookers. :grin:

Quite possibly one of the funniest moments ever seen at BP.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Anyway, I presume the one BigFinn wanted was when I was so disbelieving of Super Gaz McDonald's left footed Exocet into the Scousers net that I made a point of waiting a second and checking for linesmens' flags - hence giving Father Dave time to leap up and smash his elbow into my nose, which I managed to break a couple of times in my youth, with tiresomely predictable consequences...

Small price to pay for seeing the goal :ranting::bigcry:

Was it Vale? I always seem to think it was Barnsley for some reason and that he came running down the steps and went arse over tit over the hoardings. Though guess it just got sort of exaggerated the more the story got told to non 'tics.

Yeah, I think it possibly was Barnsley now. It was one of those games towards the end of 02-03 when we hit that slightly wobbly patch. Either Notts County, Port Vale or Barnsley at home.

It all pales into insignificance though, because even to this day I become a giggly mess when I think back on it. Only, if only that were caught on video.

I remember it too, though also unsure as to who it was against. Very funny.

The only one I've got at Latics was a case of getting winded (and a bruised ego). Away at Chesterfield late 2003, Calvin Zola with the equaliser in front of the Tics fans. It was my first time standing on a terrace and I forgot about the barriers in front. I began to run down to the bottom to try and celebrate with the players and made it down about five steps before crashing right into the metal and down to the floor.

I bloody hate Saltergate.

Who were you?

I salute you!

Remember it well!

Myself,dislocated shoulder celebrating a goal friday night match v Millwall circa 79.

Badly sprained Ankle flying down terraces celebrating Paul heaton goal at Norwich away,circa 81.

Stitches in head after being potted in Boleyn Arms at West ham,Semi final second leg,1990.Club Doctor kindly stitched me up,incident came about through all the Norman Naive jonny come lately Latics fans singing 6-0 6-0 in a West ham pub.could see it coming,they dissapreared,I copped it!

Who were you?

I salute you!

Haha I remember that!!

Game: God Knows

Place: Chaddy End

date: sometime in 92

Graeme Sharp excocet missile, Yes Sharp had a foot on him, sat to the right of the goal the guy in front stood up and promptly sat down when he realised it wasnt stopping, smashing me in the face, bloody nose and bruising.

Game: God Knows

Place: Chaddy End

date: sometime in 92

Graeme Sharp excocet missile, Yes Sharp had a foot on him, sat to the right of the goal the guy in front stood up and promptly sat down when he realised it wasnt stopping, smashing me in the face, bloody nose and bruising.

Not to mention you breaking your wanking spanner stopping a shot against the WBA fans team :wink:

Watford away Aug 1981, John barnes playing for them, latics took one coach with 49 onboard,so as you can imagine the away terrace was pretty sparse, so we decided to sit in the glorious sunshine Watford went one up, we equalised que celebrations jumped up only to be sat under a barrier smashed my head claret everywhere....

Rotherham away same season,back of my mates bike,crashed on the woodhead pass my knee swelled to the size of Joe Royles head, but still made it to the match in complete agony (latics won 3-2 or 2-1) spent a few weeks in plaster, went to Sheff Wednesday on crutches nearly got killed by Wednesday fans as i couldn't move to quickly,

Essentially- stung by a wasp (to which I may or may not be allergic) on the lip, lip swells, go to first aid room can't get treatment, have an ambulance ride to A+E, see size of queue in A+E, give up go home in cab get appropriate treatment there. Having left bottle of 'magic coke' underneath my seat.