Leeds cup game 5.15pm

Blackpool away in the play-offs wasn't entirely their lot in the Manchester (as I seem to recall), I think a few Reds and the like got involved- I don't think it lasted all that long either as I ended up on the same train as our 'firm' coming back and I went roughly straight to the station with my mate (we had time to buy rail beers- they didn't). I don't remember Blackpool at home in the play-offs being all that tasty but then again it wasn't like I was hanging around Oldham to find out (I was in the middle of getting CRB'd if I remember right).

Wolves in the cup had a little bit of trouble but the worst trouble I remember at Oldham was that game against Sheff Wed- the Chaddy was on the pitch and being towards the Rocky end of the main stand I had a bloody good view of some of their lot forcing their way past more coppers than I've seen in my life at football to get on the pitch in smaller numbers. But from the story a game a few years prior to that with Wednesday was nearly abadoned due to crowd trouble. (I'm sure some of our more experienced posters will clarify this).

The Hudds trouble has been a bit tasty apparently and I think it escalated with the game at their place early in Jan this year, as quite a few people were probably still drunk from NYE (I was on double crutches at the time so I wasn't going anywhere near it).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can really see this kicking off big time,burnley playing city same day,leeds fans are bound to head to city centre early doors on the pop.Burnley fans bound to do the same,christ that lot kicked, off at the masters in the summer,no doubt burnley fans will head in to oldham after the city game looking for trouble,madness

can really see this kicking off big time,burnley playing city same day,leeds fans are bound to head to city centre early doors on the pop.Burnley fans bound to do the same,christ that lot kicked, off at the masters in the summer,no doubt burnley fans will head in to oldham after the city game looking for trouble,madness

yeah i thought that. Can't believe the police have let it go ahead, considering we're not supposed to be able to play Leeds on a Saturday.

I have been reading one or two comments on Facebook with regards to the kick off time for this game and the knock on effect of all afternoon drinking for some/both sets of fans

Has it put you off going to the game? or even bringing any kiddies with you if you usually do that is.

Do you think our attendance will decrease or increase in home fans that is.

Your thoughts guys....

Would normally never miss a home game like this in a lifetime but where we have had to endure midweek night matches with Leeds for what will be 3 seasons due to safety, I find it very annoying that we can now play them after a day on the piss and plenty of scrapping for every other numpty who is up for it.

I take my 12 year old daughter and 13 year old nephew normally, along with my dad and brother but for the last 2 seasons the club hasn't even bothered to take precautions to stop the Leeds fans from buying tickets for our end! Last season it almost kicked off in the main stand (to which the stewards were totally inept) and the police had to intervene.

They can shove it for us. We will be watching on the laptop (great)!

:angry:

Nope, not in the least.

But if you had kids or normally took kids would this put you off, Underdog and myself normally take our 2 nephews and my son but won't be a week on Saturday, she posted this topic after a brief conversation with me last night, we shall still be going minus 3 though, okay only £9 off the gate receipts but still 3 down on attendance and the biggest match of their attendances up to yet, a 3pm kick offf I would have considered, a 1pm kick off I would have said yes, a 5:15 kick off is a no no, unfortunately :disappointed: for obvious reasons.

But if you had kids or normally took kids would this put you off, Underdog and myself normally take our 2 nephews and my son but won't be a week on Saturday, she posted this topic after a brief conversation with me last night, we shall still be going minus 3 though, okay only £9 off the gate receipts but still 3 down on attendance and the biggest match of their attendances up to yet, a 3pm kick offf I would have considered, a 1pm kick off I would have said yes, a 5:15 kick off is a no no, unfortunately :disappointed: for obvious reasons.

I don't have kids, but I do take my nephew (who is 12 and a Leeds fan :ranting: ) with me to this fixture each year, he sits in the Main Stand with me and will be coming with me this year to both the Cup match and the League game.

Obviously I am not anticipating getting into any trouble, as I never have before in 37 years of watching Latics at home and often away.

I can’t believe people are not taking their families along incase it’s ‘kicks off’!’ What do they expect to happen when sitting in the Main Stand or Chaddy? Oldham v’s Leeds is a great game to take any youngster to, it’s games with plenty of passion that gets you hooked. These people make us sound like a tin-pot club yet again.

I don't have kids, but I do take my nephew (who is 12 and a Leeds fan :ranting: ) with me to this fixture each year, he sits in the Main Stand with me and will be coming with me this year to both the Cup match and the League game.

Obviously I am not anticipating getting into any trouble, as I never have before in 37 years of watching Latics at home and often away.

Sort it out man!!!!!! :wink:

I can’t believe people are not taking their families along incase it’s ‘kicks off’!’ What do they expect to happen when sitting in the Main Stand or Chaddy? Oldham v’s Leeds is a great game to take any youngster to, it’s games with plenty of passion that gets you hooked. These people make us sound like a tin-pot club yet again.

Why?

Sort it out man!!!!!! :wink:

I know, I can assure you if he was my son he wouldn't be supporting anyone but Latics.

Alas it is beyond my control, I still buy him Latics shirts and stuff for Christmas and Birthday's in a vain attempt to convert him, but I believe it is too late and he has been lost, much to my annoyance.

I know, I can assure you if he was my son he wouldn't be supporting anyone but Latics.

Alas it is beyond my control, I still buy him Latics shirts and stuff for Christmas and Birthday's in a vain attempt to convert him, but I believe it is too late and he has been lost, much to my annoyance.

I'm going through the same with my lad, whereas he used to visit me in a certain football shirt he no longer does, I just keep reminding him that he has never even been to watch the unwashed and itsn't it about time he converted, I think hes more scared of his mother after she spent oodles on his bedroom, he comes to a game once a month so at least its a step in the right direction :grin:

What nonsense. Its called being a responsible parent and has nothing to do with the club being tin pot or not. Believe me I can more than handle myself in any bother, I just want to be responsible and not put my daughter in the middle of a potential powder keg.

I do think that a responsible parent can take their kids to this fixture and, in the unlikely event of trouble, very quickly steer them away from the problem.

There are no grounds to be over-protective. Let's not fall in to the trap of wrapping our kids in cotton wool.

If you see trouble, you teach them how to avoid it.

How many of the Leeds lot (say for arguments sake they bring 4000 to make the maths easy) will be under 12, I would wager less than 100. Many Leeds youngsters will not be coming to this game because of the atmosphere. For Oldham fans its slightly different as its a home game but whilst I would agree a sensible parent ought to be able to keep their youngsters out of trouble, trouble can often present unexpectedly and in a way where it is very difficult to protect your young-uns without putting yourself in harm's way (as most adults would do). For some this game is not worth the risk, and I can quite understand that.

If I was bringing youngsters to this game I would think very carefully about where I got my seats- as some areas will not be pleasant for the youngsters and some might have a greater risk of trouble. I'm coming to this game but in some ways that's because its a Leeds home game and I've struggled to see one of those for a while (mid-week games are quite difficult for me).

TBH if the ground is full- the less children the better as it means more money for the club.

What nonsense. Its called being a responsible parent and has nothing to do with the club being tin pot or not. Believe me I can more than handle myself in any bother, I just want to be responsible and not put my daughter in the middle of a potential powder keg.

There is no reason why you would be in the middle. The only people who get involved are usually the ones who go looking for it. Stop being over protective, get to the game and cheer on your team.

There is no reason why you would be in the middle. The only people who get involved are usually the ones who go looking for it. Stop being over protective, get to the game and cheer on your team.

Last season there were 15-20 Leeds fans in our section of the main stand. The club couldnt care less who they sell tickets to these days as long as they sell tickets.