Asda to be boycotted

took there time it happened bout two week ago now. to be honest unless theres a very good f.a. cup game on at dinner time cant see it having much of an affect. might be wrong but will see. do you no if its just rochdale asda or all local asdas?

I think it's defeinately the Rochdale one, but if the press have hold of it now, it depends what they make of it and what 'twist' they put on it. In that case it could be a few. Though like you prob not much of an effect, unless the media 'whip' it up.

I think it's defeinately the Rochdale one, but if the press have hold of it now, it depends what they make of it and what 'twist' they put on it. In that case it could be a few. Though like you prob not much of an effect, unless the media 'whip' it up.

I read about this last week I think. At the time at least Asda were investigating the employees concerned, if people are going to kick off a fuss before they've done that then they are troublemakers plain and simple. It's not as if it's their coprporate policy to kick crutches away from military amputees.

I read about this last week I think. At the time at least Asda were investigating the employees concerned, if people are going to kick off a fuss before they've done that then they are troublemakers plain and simple. It's not as if it's their coprporate policy to kick crutches away from military amputees.

completely agree. i work in asda shaw and we discussed it and everybody disagreed with the cashier. and its actualy against the companies principals so wouldnt be suprised if the cashier is sacked once the investigation is complete

+1

first time ive actually seen the artical. but i agree with you also think the supervisor probably should be disciplined aswell

find this hard to believe,asda stores have had poppy stands in all the stores i have been in this week,has to be down to the cashier themselves,knowing the GSM at that store this will have been sorted.

The operative words in the report are as follows:

"Beth Hoyle, of Whitworth, claims..."

The words in the above quote that are making my bull:censored: detectors go wild are as follows:

"Beth Hoyle, of Whitworth, claims "

I think there are probably two sides to this story, before anyone gets excited about respect for the forces and what not.

find this hard to believe,asda stores have had poppy stands in all the stores i have been in this week,has to be down to the cashier themselves,knowing the GSM at that store this will have been sorted.

they also regularly advertise help the heros about every 15 minutes on the radio or they have for the last couple of weeks anyway. does seem strange but if it wasnt true surely it would have been cleared up by now to prevent any embarassment and bad publicity.

as a side note is the GSM there tony rutherford?

The operative words in the report are as follows:

"Beth Hoyle, of Whitworth, claims..."

The words in the above quote that are making my bull:censored: detectors go wild are as follows:

"Beth Hoyle, of Whitworth, claims "

I think there are probably two sides to this story, before anyone gets excited about respect for the forces and what not.

I'm with you on this one...

:petesake:

I agree...

Let Asda investigate first and if true the the cashier should be disciplined. If they refuse to accept that and want to continue to act in that way then they then have no option but to sack the cashier. I am sure Asda will respond quickly to this to defuse the situation, which it looks like it needs to be.

Let Asda investigate first and if true the the cashier should be disciplined. If they refuse to accept that and want to continue to act in that way then they then have no option but to sack the cashier. I am sure Asda will respond quickly to this to defuse the situation, which it looks like it needs to be.

Can't be arsed following it again but there is a link on that Facebook thing to a statement confirming that they are looking at it. They really can't do anything more, they have a duty to investigate properly before disciplining/sacking their staff. I suspect they will be hoping to find some conclusive evidence one way or another, they won't want to be caught in a half way house where it's an unsubstantiated allegation.

FFS.... Where talking about one narrow minded pillock and supervisor who clearly needs a kick up the arse... Lets boycott a whole nationwide business, slam a a whole company and all its employees and attack a whole town...

ffs... Some people need to really get over themselves...

Edited by oafc0000

FFS.... Where talking about one narrow minded pillock and supervisor who clearly needs a kick up the arse... Lets boycott a whole nationwide business, slam a a whole company and all its employees and attack a whole town...

ffs... Some people need to really get over themselves...

I'd really be slow to draw even that conclusion Zeros. It might be dickhead staff as you say, but it might be someone looking to make a point for their cause. As Dave says above, the stores go with support for the forces programs, it would be odd if the staff had never seen anyone wearing anything like that before. I'd guess a fairly clear majority of the staff at that store are Asian so if you were looking for somewhere to start something... I'm not saying either way, I'll go along with Max, if it's true they want sacking but I'll add that if it's not true then they don't.