Failsworth Residents "Action" Group

I was going past Warrington Rugby League ground recently and thought what a good site,right in the heart of the town. Why don't we move somewhere close to town, near the bypass e.g. where the Alexander Retail Park is, surely that could only enhance the area.

Its brilliant isnt it... Shows what you can do when the council are truly on your side...

In favour, but:

Litter:More people, eating/buying litter. Will definately happen. It will not blow two miles away though.

Property Devaluation: Property will devalue. I would guess that 30% isn't too far from an accurate guess.

Traffic: Traffic will increase, but I reckon the roads can take that quite easily around there.

Noise/ Light pollution: Indeed. Buy Patrick Moore a new house if he lives here.

Parking:There'll be a car park and transport.

Public Disorder:Garbage.

Lookers Carl has covered this but here's my version.

The FRAG lists the following grounds of objection to the non-existent plans:

Litter.

The Planning Committee will have the many years of experience of BP to assess whether the proposed development would constitute a litter problem

Traffic.

Any planning permission will include a Transport Plan, probably linked to the Metrolink park and ride proposals, to be adhered to by the applicant. Similarly an Environmental Plan will be included.

Parking,

Adequate car parking will be required.

Noise Pollution.

Noise from a football stadium is to be expected.

White Noise Pollution.

The floodlights will probably be designed into the roof of each stand removing the potential problem of floodlights on pylons lighting a wider area.

Public Order,

Irrelevant - it’s like saying that a shopping centre will result in shoplifting - any law-breaking will be a matter for the Police.

Degeneration of the area

The Council is so keen to regenerate the area that it is prepared to sell land to the applicant to facilitate the proposed development.

Planning Law is more limited that most people perceive. Loss of view and value of own property are not reasons for refusal by the Local Planning Authority.

No doubt the plans will include:

Sympathetic design of the scheme to regenerate the area.

Sufficient on-site parking.

Safe access to and egress from the site.

Preservation of the important Listed Building on the site.

Sufficient natural screening.

If necessary, re-located allotments.

Property Devaluation: Property will devalue. I would guess that 30% is n't too far from an accurate guess as much as they could get a sympathetic estate agent to potentially claim it to be, even without having to go on the record where they would have to be far more realistic and admit that it will have less effect than most of the other potential uses of the site.

Edited for you: reason; application of valid logical argument.

Edited by real