Is Brill the highest paid player?

Some one has commented on the Chronicle website that Brill is the highest paid player at the club this season, is there any truth in this? I find it hard to believe.

Sounds like garbage to me, usually the highest paid player is the most senior player, so it will still be Gregan IMO. Even on reduced terms which he no doubt had to take to get another contract for this season.

Absolutely no way.

Hmmm. Best player for a fair while now. Will have had an increase in wage, and a very large one.

Against him:

Gregan. Wage dropped by a massive percentage.

Furman. Came from Rangers, will have been on a good wage. As I said a possibility.

Worthington? Not creative. Ten a penny. Not for me.

Brill: Non-league. Young. No chance.

I agree Taylor is young, but he is our best player (or he was before Paw joined) and realises it (or his agent did before contract time). That will translate to wages.

Actually, I didn't think of Pav...... could be him.

Doubt it, he wasn't pulling trees up at Darlo and his injury record would count heavily against anyone offering him a big wage. I tend to agree with the teetotal chap from Durham, Taylor's agent will know he could have got him a big signing fee and a big wage if he'd not signed his last contract. Greegs obviously took a fair bit less than he wanted to sign, I doubt he's on a pittance but I can't see him being on more than a player that would sell for several hundred thousand and maybe on again for more.

Some one has commented on the Chronicle website that Brill is the highest paid player at the club this season, is there any truth in this? I find it hard to believe.

I get the impression they are going off Football Manager or Championship Manager :wink:

Absolutely no way.

He's gotta be top 3.

He's not just a promising youngster anymore, he's a top League One winger who's garnered interest from bigger clubs. He signed a new 3 year deal last season and I'm sure a good pay rise would have come with that. I'd say Furman, Gregan and Parker won't be on a pittance either.

He's gotta be top 3.

He's not just a promising youngster anymore, he's a top League One winger who's garnered interest from bigger clubs. He signed a new 3 year deal last season and I'm sure a good pay rise would have come with that. I'd say Furman, Gregan and Parker won't be on a pittance either.

Heard Greg Flemming was/ is on £75k pa

Edited by dazlatic