Do you trust the TTA

Do you trust the TTA?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Taking into account their overall tenure so far

• Trust them
    • Do not trust them

OK simple question.

I think, after Chris Moore people will naturally question many decisions, and be naturally sceptical. That is understandable.

People will obviously be against Failsworth.

It is clear that the TTA will not take away wheelbarrow loads of money, despite what some think.

However, dealing with the facts of what we know (not gossip) the TTA have a good track record of spending, backing the manager, a grand plan of stadium, an alterntaive after the credit crunch hit, not bailing out in the face of adversity.

Of course plans may have to change, they may bail out before completion, who knows, but talking about so far.

Do you trust the TTA?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK simple question.

I think, after Chris Moore people will naturally question many decisions, and be naturally sceptical. That is understandable.

People will obviously be against Failsworth.

It is clear that the TTA will not take away wheelbarrow loads of money, despite what some think.

However, dealing with the facts of what we know (not gossip) the TTA have a good track record of spending, backing the manager, a grand plan of stadium, an alterntaive after the credit crunch hit, not bailing out in the face of adversity.

Of course plans may have to change, they may bail out before completion, who knows, but talking about so far.

Do you trust the TTA?

You need to add a new "Eternally grateful for them stepping in and saving the club, but not behind them moving to Failsworth rather than redeveloping BP (what we marched for) and turning our ground to one where home supporters are regarded less favourably than away supporters money - and therefore becoming disillusioned with the club, the game and becoming increasingly less trustful of TTA because they will move us to Failsworth, sell the land at BP and walk away" button.

You need to add a new "Eternally grateful for them stepping in and saving the club, but not behind them moving to Failsworth rather than redeveloping BP (what we marched for) and turning our ground to one where home supporters are regarded less favourably than away supporters money - and therefore becoming disillusioned with the club, the game and becoming increasingly less trustful of TTA because they will move us to Failsworth, sell the land at BP and walk away" button.

But Rick, do you trust them or not?

Principled ? That can mean many different things... They all have the principle to make money that is for sure...

I can't quite follow your argument of why that is a bad thing.

Are you trying to say that some would be dishonest or make excessive money at peoples expense?

You are not tarring all businessmen with the same brush are you?

That's like saying all workers are a bunch of work shy layabouts that would sit and drink tea or coffee all day if they were not supervised or pushed....

Edited by singe

Singe as set the poll and it's black and white. Trust or not. Whilst I have voted and cast the trust vote, maybe I shoudn't have done. I mean I don't not trust them full stop. so voted trust them, whilst if there had been a middle vote along the lines I am not so sure what to think anymore, it would have gotten my vote.

I can't quite follow your argument of why that is a bad thing.

Are you trying to say that some would be dishonest or make excessive money at peoples expense?

You are not tarring all businessmen with the same brush are you?

That's like saying all workers are a bunch of work shy layabouts that would sit and drink tea or coffee all day if they were not supervised or pushed....

I am not saying ALL OF THEM are... Some of them are exactly like that so I distrust them until they earn my trust...

Singe as set the poll and it's black and white. Trust or not. Whilst I have voted and cast the trust vote, maybe I shoudn't have done. I mean I don't not trust them full stop. so voted trust them, whilst if there had been a middle vote along the lines I am not so sure what to think anymore, it would have gotten my vote.

It is a fair point Lags, but , of course, I deliberately chose the answers very carefully.

Trust can be a difficult word.

I do (still) trust TTA to do what they think is right for the club, largely because I don't happen to agree with those that think they'll somehow walk out of this with a profit, or that they entered into this looking for nothing other than a profit.

But that doesn't necessarily mean I agree with what they're doing. However good their intent, I think it is now inevitably coloured by repeated knock-backs and their wish to build something and get out.

I would of thought they never had some peoples trust to lose...

Why don't you just say what you mean?

In my own case I think my opening gambit was clea,r and I suspect shared by many and the poll many firm that up.

I trust them, I am wary of getting shafted, I certainly don't want a groud share and things fall through, but that does not mean I automatically think they have ulterior motives.

So you do not totally trust them ?

No.

and I have never said that I did.

Nor do I totally trust anyone.

I don't even totally trust myself!

Taking everything into account though, Il trust them.

What I can do is seperate "Events" that have deviated a plan from purposeful intent, and never having had the intetnion in the first place.

No.

and I have never said that I did.

Nor do I totally trust anyone.

I don't even totally trust myself!

Taking everything into account though, Il trust them.

What I can do is seperate "Events" that have deviated a plan from purposeful intent, and never having had the intetnion in the first place.

Just pointing out that trust is not a yes / no question...

Just pointing out that trust is not a yes / no question...

Granted, but as I said, in this case I have carefully worded it. If you are "forced" to balance everything and make a choice, which side of the fence do you fall.?

It might be 50.1/49.9, but that is still overall trust.

Granted, but as I said, in this case I have carefully worded it. If you are "forced" to balance everything and make a choice, which side of the fence do you fall.?

It might be 50.1/49.9, but that is still overall trust.

Then for me personally its something of a pointless poll...

Edited by oafc0000

I have a a habit of putting my utmost in people only to be let down....but genuinely no reason to distrust TTA they have put a lot of efforts in and have had manya opportunity to walk away. Sure they may be in it to make money but dont think they would ever do a Chris Moore...