Do you trust the TTA

Do you trust the TTA?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Taking into account their overall tenure so far

• Trust them
    • Do not trust them

Then for me personally its something of a pointless poll...

Fine, your chice.

We could split it out:

Totally Trust them

Trust them, but am wary of events taking over

Trust them but think they they are thinking about profits firs

Neither trust not not trust

Don not trust them much

Don;t trust them as much as I used to

Did not really trust the

Never trusted them at all

but is much better summarised.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a a habit of putting my utmost in people only to be let down....but genuinely no reason to distrust TTA they have put a lot of efforts in and have had manya opportunity to walk away. Sure they may be in it to make money but dont think they would ever do a Chris Moore...

until the latter stages(eg, after the QPR 2nd leg defeat), did many think m**re would really do a "m**re"?

How about a scale of 1 to 10?

Even my mother would only get a 7 from me - I am an extremely wary individual <_<

I never thought TTA were in this position for anything other than to make money, but I was always grateful for them being there when we needed it most. Having said that, I can only muster a confidence score of 4 out of 10 for them.

Maybe the new plans will boost that by a point or so, but I'm pretty much against the move so it's unlikely.

pff u should know from being a latics fan everything isnt straight forward and everything takes years and many more years to get anywhere nowhere

Corrected for you...

Also I should put into that post about the merry go round which was Ferny Fields...

Edited by oafc0000

When you consider where the likes of Burnley, Preston, Bolton etc were when we were riding high it's enough to make you sick. It really is.

I feel sick every time I see the Reebok... Seeing the likes of Burnley in the Prem and then looking at the attitude/ambition surrounding our club / fans is what lead me to question what is the point any more...

I feel sick every time I see the Reebok... Seeing the likes of Burnley in the Prem and then looking at the attitude/ambition surrounding our club / fans is what lead me to question what is the point any more...

Current attendances suggest you're not on your own.

And the frightening thing is the lack of any coherent strategy to get out of the situation apart from the fob-off of Failsworth, which could turn out to be the mother of all false dawns (if it actually gets built.)

I guess the answer to that is do you want there to be an Oldham Athletic Football Club any more?

If you are prepared to let us slip from existance, or you beleive like The Corp that whatever we do we are doomed, then the answer to your question is there isn't a point any more.

However if you still want a club to support in 2,5 or 10 years time then there is a point, and as a fan the only way you can do this is to turn out on a game day and put your money through the turnstiles.

I guess the answer to that is do you want there to be an Oldham Athletic Football Club any more?

If you are prepared to let us slip from existance, or you beleive like The Corp that whatever we do we are doomed, then the answer to your question is there isn't a point any more.

However if you still want a club to support in 2,5 or 10 years time then there is a point, and as a fan the only way you can do this is to turn out on a game day and put your money through the turnstiles.

I do not think that will make any difference one way or the other...

When the new stadium is built I will come back and try to get that bug back... Or if BP is redeveloped... Or if TTA leave...

While we are just sat rusting at the moment then I just cant be arsed...it makes no difference...

I do not think that will make any difference one way or the other...

When the new stadium is built I will come back and try to get that bug back... Or if BP is redeveloped... Or if TTA leave...

While we are just sat rusting at the moment then I just cant be arsed...it makes no difference...

Well it does, if nobody went then that would be it wouldn't it....... no income no club.

put a product on the pitch that offers value for entertainment, and the drifters will return.

until then...

put all your eggs in this failsworth project and see the product falter even further on the pitch, then whats the point?

oldham athletic is in the entertainments industry.drifting custom will only come back when the customer feels value for money was obtained.

put a product on the pitch that offers value for entertainment, and the drifters will return.

until then...

put all your eggs in this failsworth project and see the product falter even further on the pitch, then whats the point?

oldham athletic is in the entertainments industry.drifting custom will only come back when the customer feels value for money was obtained.

I don't disagree at all with the points you make, I feel exactly the same about the product on the pitch, the facilities, the false dawns over the years etc.

But it boils down to this, if everyone deserts, then that will be it, the end. And I ask is that what everyone wants? If it is, then it's simple, lets all just stop going and bring about a swift end rather than dragging it out. TTA get to close the club, sell the land and do one.

It's a simple choice really.

I don't disagree at all with the points you make, I feel exactly the same about the product on the pitch, the facilities, the false dawns over the years etc.

But it boils down to this, if everyone deserts, then that will be it, the end. And I ask is that what everyone wants? If it is, then it's simple, lets all just stop going and bring about a swift end rather than dragging it out. TTA get to close the club, sell the land and do one.

It's a simple choice really.

but preaching to the regulars isn't going to change things.

putting a product on the pitch will.

tenfold.

but preaching to the regulars isn't going to change things.

putting a product on the pitch will.

tenfold.

Again I can't disagree, there are many on here who are still suffering like us. Nobody wants to go to BP and have a great day out and see some great football and get to visit grounds like we got to do in the early 90's more than me.

I just want to point out to those (and although I'm answering your post not necessarily you) who are voting with their feet in droves, I understand your point but you are not helping matters. In fact it's just making it worse.

Anyway sorry if I'm preaching, I'll stand at ease now :grin:

Again I can't disagree, there are many on here who are still suffering like us. Nobody wants to go to BP and have a great day out and see some great football and get to visit grounds like we got to do in the early 90's more than me.

I just want to point out to those (and although I'm answering your post not necessarily you) who are voting with their feet in droves, I understand your point but you are not helping matters. In fact it's just making it worse.

Anyway sorry if I'm preaching, I'll stand at ease now :grin:

understand loud and clear!

but in economics, a customer who isn't a regular isn't going to return if they feel cheated or not given value for their money.

a regular customer,who has loyalty, has a thicker skin and will leave it as a one off.

but when those "one offs" keep happening,its danger.

we have seen time and time again over recent years, a great run of wins develop, then along comes a bigger than normal home crowd to cheer them on(and no doubt see what all the fuss is about),only for latics to churn out another dismal performance.any wonder why the don't come back? they are sick of hearing how great latics are playing etc etc, only to find nothing has changed.

its a vicious circle, but until the product improves on the pitch,new stadium or not, once the novelty wears off with the drifters, we'll still be in this situation...or worse.

At that point the club would not be viable anyway...

understand loud and clear!

but in economics, a customer who isn't a regular isn't going to return if they feel cheated or not given value for their money.

a regular customer,who has loyalty, has a thicker skin and will leave it as a one off.

but when those "one offs" keep happening,its danger.

we have seen time and time again over recent years, a great run of wins develop, then along comes a bigger than normal home crowd to cheer them on(and no doubt see what all the fuss is about),only for latics to churn out another dismal performance.any wonder why the don't come back? they are sick of hearing how great latics are playing etc etc, only to find nothing has changed.

its a vicious circle, but until the product improves on the pitch,new stadium or not, once the novelty wears off with the drifters, we'll still be in this situation...or worse.

So it really does beg the question, do we give up and let Latics disappear?

Or as fans what can we do to turn things around?

So it really does beg the question, do we give up and let Latics disappear?

Or as fans what can we do to turn things around?

we are at the mercy of the decision makers.

as 4000 hardcore have no real voice or power, its out of our hands.

4000 will more than likely always go,but its not going to be enough,unless you are rochdale or bury.