F.R.A.G.

I'm not sure some people realise how much that pissed people off.

The partial coffee stain is still on my office wall from where I threw my cup of coffee....

Not the loss of Sheridan, which even his most ardent fan (me) could see coming. More the timing of it. It just smacked of giving in, after I'd spent a fortune following the club up and down the country. In the end I didn't come back that season - there was no point at all (and I went on holiday which knocked off a few games).

:applause1:

nail...head...hit...

I made the mistake of going to all of them.... I think it put the nail in the coffin...

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course its a concern... I haven't stopped caring about the club because I had enough of the piss poor activities of the board.... Dont worry youself old timer, I will be back out with the begging buckets with the best of them if ever required again. If I actually thought it would make the blind bit of different I would there Saturday I would be. Fact is, IT DOSE NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE...

Don't worry yourself anyway, I will be coming back soon enough... I was going to come back this Saturday until circumstances got in the way (family over from Australia)... A bit of a break has seen the bug start to burn inside me again... No thanks to the likes of patronizing sods like yourself... No doubt it will be put out by a combination of a :censored:e performance and the same old offering within the ground...

It doesn't worry me in the slightest that you don't attend, because it doesn't cost me any money if you are missing.

When TTA took over the Club, there was an introductory evening at the Clayton Arms, memorable mainly for the wrong reason - Dowie telling Jewish jokes. :shock:

It was also memorable for TTA saying what Danny Gazal repeated in the Advertiser: "The attendances are key. We need to get to a position where 8,000 to 9,000 people are coming on a regular basis." I spoke to him at the end of the evening, wished him luck and told him what a tough job they would have to get the crowd up to that level.

Meanwhile, in spite of many of the decisions of TTA not producing results, I've kept my part of the deal by attending BP through thin and thinner. I don't expect any credit for that just as I don't expect all the snide remarks I get on here. There are another 3,000 plus who have done the same thing, but not enough of us to make the Club viable. The missing fans demand more for their money than those of us who keep attending are prepared to put up with.

Friends and relatives tell me I must be mad to keep attending. A relative boasted proudly to me yesterday that he still has the Littlewoods Cup Final T-shirt, but he's never been to watch the team since the Premier League days. I'm sure many of the friends and relatives of TTA think they must be mad, but I'm grateful that they've kept their part of the deal, in spite of fans deserting BP.

I hope they continue so I can continue, in the hope that one day we'll have something to celebrate together. You'll be welcome to join us.

Signed: A "patronising sod" and "old-timer" (amongst other things)

Lets get two things right Deigo... First all any decision can be reversed regarding the lease of the land and while you say planing application will be heard before May that is dependent on many factors, the biggest being how long it takes the club to actual submit it.

As the champion of the truth your don't half come up with some massive "half truths".

Just hang on 1 minute and think about what you have said there, because the fact is you know sod all about the "deal" the club has with the Council.

For example, for all you know, the club and the Council may well have a signed binding agreement that subject to the receipt of an acceptable planning permission, then the Council will enter into said Lease for the land. If that is the scenario, then "any decision" cannot be reversed, so please don't come on here all high and mighty scaremongering when you do not know the actual facts.

Cheers,

Harry.

Just hang on 1 minute and think about what you have said there, because the fact is you know sod all about the "deal" the club has with the Council.

For example, for all you know, the club and the Council may well have a signed binding agreement that subject to the receipt of an acceptable planning permission, then the Council will enter into said Lease for the land. If that is the scenario, then "any decision" cannot be reversed, so please don't come on here all high and mighty scaremongering when you do not know the actual facts.

So "Harry"... is that the case? Your heavily involved so tell us....

If we actually got to hear about progress from the club or shock horror the trust / Barry then maybe we would not have to speculating on potential issues / problems etc etc...

As for high and mighty...piss off... I am just talking about potential issues / problems... I have read nowhere that the deal to lease the ground has been finalised..

Edited by oafc0000

It doesn't worry me in the slightest that you don't attend, because it doesn't cost me any money if you are missing.

When TTA took over the Club, there was an introductory evening at the Clayton Arms, memorable mainly for the wrong reason - Dowie telling Jewish jokes. :shock:

It was also memorable for TTA saying what Danny Gazal repeated in the Advertiser: "The attendances are key. We need to get to a position where 8,000 to 9,000 people are coming on a regular basis." I spoke to him at the end of the evening, wished him luck and told him what a tough job they would have to get the crowd up to that level.

Meanwhile, in spite of many of the decisions of TTA not producing results, I've kept my part of the deal by attending BP through thin and thinner. I don't expect any credit for that just as I don't expect all the snide remarks I get on here. There are another 3,000 plus who have done the same thing, but not enough of us to make the Club viable. The missing fans demand more for their money than those of us who keep attending are prepared to put up with.

Friends and relatives tell me I must be mad to keep attending. A relative boasted proudly to me yesterday that he still has the Littlewoods Cup Final T-shirt, but he's never been to watch the team since the Premier League days. I'm sure many of the friends and relatives of TTA think they must be mad, but I'm grateful that they've kept their part of the deal, in spite of fans deserting BP.

I hope they continue so I can continue, in the hope that one day we'll have something to celebrate together. You'll be welcome to join us.

Signed: A "patronising sod" and "old-timer" (amongst other things)

People are not making snide comments at you... Bloody hell, spend a day in my skin :lol:

The patronising sod bit is a fact and the old timer is a tongue in cheek take the piss...

The idea you wait until the :censored: has hit the fan before you worry is totally wrong in my opinion... You are chalk and I am cheese it would seem.

Surely you just take a calm assesment of the risks involved in your plans not coming to fruition?

You don't publicise those plans, no business does that, equally you don't publicise every single movement in a planning process.

The sad fact of the information age is that it leads to an incessant demand for daily updates and assurances. It ends up often taking the form of assuming the worst if you do not have evidence to the contrary, however repeatedly responding to such concerns binds an organisation into an inert state where all they can do is issue update after update, whilst getting nowhere with the real issues.

Or, put more simply, if you want time spent issuing daily updates on something you think is going to slow, then won't that detract from work on actually speeding things up?

People are not making snide comments at you... Bloody hell, spend a day in my skin :lol:

The patronising sod bit is a fact and the old timer is a tongue in cheek take the piss...

What you see as patronising is someone who you don't agree with and someone who, in your position, would not want to be seen to be potificating on everything.

You're not the only one, but I'm curious to know why you feel the need to take the piss out of me?

So "Harry"... is that the case? Your heavily involved so tell us....

If we actually got to hear about progress from the club or shock horror the trust / Barry then maybe we would not have to speculating on potential issues / problems etc etc...

As for high and mighty...piss off... I am just talking about potential issues / problems... I have read nowhere that the deal to lease the ground has been finalised..

I don't know if that is the case or not. In fact as Manuel once said "I know nothing."

BUT

Your exact words were "Lets get two things right Deigo... First all any decision can be reversed regarding the lease of the land."

I just pointed out that in fact you could be wrong, because if something has been signed, a change of power on the Council come next May could not just reverse the decision.

Cheers,

Harry

What you see as patronising is someone who you don't agree with and someone who, in your position, would not want to be seen to be potificating on everything.

You're not the only one, but I'm curious to know why you feel the need to take the piss out of me?

Bloody hell fella... If its bugging you that much I will cut it out.. Everyone takes the piss out of each other here... People call me Zero or Oaf... :) Your gramps or Old Timer :) Nothing personal honest :)

I don't know if that is the case or not. In fact as Manuel once said "I know nothing."

BUT

Your exact words were "Lets get two things right Deigo... First all any decision can be reversed regarding the lease of the land."

I just pointed out that in fact you could be wrong, because if something has been signed, a change of power on the Council come next May could not just reverse the decision.

I think its fair to assume the council would sign no binding agreement at this stage... Please tell me if I am wrong...

Surely you just take a calm assesment of the risks involved in your plans not coming to fruition?

You don't publicise those plans, no business does that, equally you don't publicise every single movement in a planning process.

The sad fact of the information age is that it leads to an incessant demand for daily updates and assurances. It ends up often taking the form of assuming the worst if you do not have evidence to the contrary, however repeatedly responding to such concerns binds an organisation into an inert state where all they can do is issue update after update, whilst getting nowhere with the real issues.

Or, put more simply, if you want time spent issuing daily updates on something you think is going to slow, then won't that detract from work on actually speeding things up?

I don't want daily updates... Its been five months? since the stadium was announced and we still don't know much about it... But its simple people will speculate and discuss until the plans are out there or more information is released...

I think its fair to assume the council would sign no binding agreement at this stage... Please tell me if I am wrong...

I think you are wrong to assume. Or as Steven Segal once said in Under Seige 2 "assumption is the mother of all f*ck up." :wink: And in any event when has it ever been fair on owtb. :lol:

Cheers,

Harry

P.S. If fact it wasn't Steven Segal who made the comment it was the baddie.

On the other hand, the current council leadership are as aware as anyone that they might be ousted in May. So if they really want to push this through then signing a binding agreement (binding on whoever is calling the shots after May) might be exactly what they decide to do.

I have no idea whether that's the case - just offering an alternative logic.

On the other hand, the current council leadership are as aware as anyone that they might be ousted in May. So if they really want to push this through then signing a binding agreement (binding on whoever is calling the shots after May) might be exactly what they decide to do.

Fair point... If only we had a fan on the board which could possibly ask :lol: (sorry couldn't resist) :)

Bloody hell fella... If its bugging you that much I will cut it out.. Everyone takes the piss out of each other here... People call me Zero or Oaf... :) Your gramps or Old Timer :) Nothing personal honest :)

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not easily offended. You throw in the piss-takes, not in jest, but when you disagree with what I say. What's my age got to do with anything? The Moderators don't stop you because some of them do the same themse4lves,.

You say it's nothing personal. In that case don't do it, and I'm pleased to see you say you'll cut it out.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not easily offended. You throw in the piss-takes, not in jest, but when you disagree with what I say. What's my age got to do with anything? The Moderators don't stop you because some of them do the same themse4lves,.

You say it's nothing personal. In that case don't do it, and I'm pleased to see you say you'll cut it out.

It REALLY is nothing personal and NEVER was :) I think your taking this to heart a little much. Its good to have good age range mix.

Edited by oafc0000

I don't know why you take offence old boy.

I mean you are notorious on the away trips for being ejected from the locals liquid refreshment establishments. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

Off experience councillors tend to blither and do nothing at local election time if it affects them in any way.

Make all good, and dissolve evil!!! Cost £1.50 overall.... Pass.

Which also brings about the question, how many are up for re-election are in the Failsworth area?

Off experience councillors tend to blither and do nothing at local election time if it affects them in any way.

Which also brings about the question, how many are up for re-election are in the Failsworth area?

If I worked it out right, two. Both Labour, and including that one what shouts his mouth off about it.

A third of the Council seats are up for election, one for each Ward.

I don't know why you take offence old boy.

I mean you are notorious on the away trips for being ejected from the locals liquid refreshment establishments. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

This has been repeated more times than Delboy falling though the gap in the pub bar, whereas your Barcelona ejection has only received a cursory mention. Some targets seem to attract more discriimatory piss-takers than others. :blink: The older one gets the thicker the skin grows. B)