F.R.A.G.

OK, I arrived home today to find a F.R.A.G. leaflet posted thought my door.

So, as an insider who does want the stadium here in Failsworth how do you guys reckon I can help our cause?

Any other Failsworthians on here receive this thing on their doormat?

Apologies if a thread on this has been started already, I came straight on here and posted.

Jay

Oh, if anyone is intersted I can scan the damn thing.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I arrived home today to find a F.R.A.G. leaflet posted thought my door.

So, as an insider who does want the stadium here in Failsworth how do you guys reckon I can help our cause?

Any other Failsworthians on here receive this thing on their doormat?

Apologies if a thread on this has been started already, I came straight on here and posted.

Jay

Oh, if anyone is intersted I can scan the damn thing.

do you have a scanner so you could post it up on the board??

I can scan the doc tomorrow night, I need to go round to a relative to do this sadly.

The leafet is as follows.

Black/white/green piece of A4, folded in half, printed on on all 'four' sides, if you know what I mean. It urges you to put it up in your window as a show of your support for F.R.A.G.

Front sheet tells of contact info, back sheet says 'Boundary Park? Not in my Boundary!' (Lame and incorrect I know)

Inside it warns of the following issues - Noise, Litter, Crime, Parking, Traffic Congestion, Environmental Degeneration, Missue of Gifted Land, Higher Insurance Premiums, Drastic Devaluation of Property! (they put an exclamation mark after that one for some reason), Lack of Council Consultation and Pollution.

Some other blurb and cliche too.

Inside it warns of the following issues - Noise, Litter, Crime, Parking, Traffic Congestion, Environmental Degeneration, Missue of Gifted Land, Higher Insurance Premiums, Drastic Devaluation of Property! (they put an exclamation mark after that one for some reason), Lack of Council Consultation and Pollution...

... Children going missing! Radiation emissions! Crack Dens! Zombie attacks!

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Inside it warns of the following issues - Noise, Litter, Crime, Parking, Traffic Congestion, Environmental Degeneration, Missue of Gifted Land, Higher Insurance Premiums, Drastic Devaluation of Property! (they put an exclamation mark after that one for some reason), Lack of Council Consultation and Pollution.

Litter: Am sorry but that is nothing but here say, only evidence for this is the hearsay from other Nimbys. No concrete proof that a football stadium will increase this should bins be provided round the ground.

Property Devaluation: Didnt they say that about the motorway in Chadderton, yet it actually increased the property values? And besides, as Diego said, they are not allowed to take this into consideration.

Traffic: I suppose this question will be answered by the Traffic Survey we would have to carry out. And if BP got planning permission (evenutally) and overcome this hurdle, then I can't see how this would be a hurdle here considering that

1) Transport links will be superior, especially when the new Metro is built

2) The road network as it is could cope with more traffic than what the road network near Boundary Park could

3) If necessary, we could easilly play our home games on alternate weeks to when city are at home.

Noise/ Light pollution: Complete and utter bollocks, absolutely no way they can prove it will make the 'noise pollution' any worse than it is now. This can easilly be overcome by stadium design (designed to keep the acoustics inside the ground) and also re floodlights, they can be designed so they are integrated into the stadium, see the example below from the liberty stadium

liberty-stadium---sw_33751.jpg

Parking: Considering the transport links to this stadium and the crowds we are likely to get, parking will not be a problem if sufficient space is provided. I think the improved transport links to the ground could result in less people driving to the stadium, although there is no way to prove that in the same way there is no way to prove parking will be a problem.

Public Disorder: He is stating that four pubs/local businesses have closed down, and is talking about this as if it is a good thing?????? What he sees as public disorder according to how he has worded this, others may see as allowing local business to flourish? They dont want a new ground because they like their derelict pubs as they are, rotting and borded up? What the frig????

In a nutshell, if thats the best they can come up with, their f****d.

Lookers Carl has covered this but here's my version.

The FRAG lists the following grounds of objection to the non-existent plans:

Litter.

The Planning Committee will have the many years of experience of BP to assess whether the proposed development would constitute a litter problem

Traffic.

Any planning permission will include a Transport Plan, probably linked to the Metrolink park and ride proposals, to be adhered to by the applicant. Similarly an Environmental Plan will be included.

Parking,

Adequate car parking will be required.

Noise Pollution.

Noise from a football stadium is to be expected.

White Noise Pollution.

The floodlights will probably be designed into the roof of each stand removing the potential problem of floodlights on pylons lighting a wider area.

Public Order,

Irrelevant - it’s like saying that a shopping centre will result in shoplifting - any law-breaking will be a matter for the Police.

Degeneration of the area

The Council is so keen to regenerate the area that it is prepared to sell land to the applicant to facilitate the proposed development.

Planning Law is more limited that most people perceive. Loss of view and value of own property are not reasons for refusal by the Local Planning Authority.

No doubt the plans will include:

Sympathetic design of the scheme to regenerate the area.

Sufficient on-site parking.

Safe access to and egress from the site.

Preservation of the important Listed Building on the site.

Sufficient natural screening.

If necessary, re-located allotments.

Higher insurance premiums is not a valid consideration om planning grounds.

The position regarding the alleged misuse of gifted land has already been spelt out.

QUOTE (Diego_Sideburns @ Oct 14 2009, 13:27 PM)

The Advertiser has reported previously:

Cllr Mohib Uddin, cabinet member for regeneration, said the council believes the additional land of 11.75 acres – which it is proposed will be leased to Oldham Athletic – does not form part of Lower Memorial Park.

"When the council checked the status of this land with the Charities Commission they advised that the identified development site was ‘not held upon specific charitable trusts’ and they would therefore ‘not need to be involved or advise on its disposal’.

"Furthermore, upon checking the deeds within the proposed stadium site, officers have advised that the land does not hold any legal connection to those who died in the First World War.

"However, it is also possible – if the development eventually receives detailed planning permission – that Oldham Athletic might be asked to make a contribution to the improvement of the formal Lower Memorial Park area which is, of course, to be retained."

Who's up for dressing up as the four horsemen of the apocalypse, riding horseback down brodway screaming the end is nigh!! :grin:

Sounds a good idea to me.

I will not let these people stand in the way of my clubs future, I went to the planning meetings and on the march for the last stadium proposals, so I want to help again, maybe as a secret agent?! Although I would have to put my name and address as a supporter of theres. Any suggestions?

I will not let these people stand in the way of my clubs future, I went to the planning meetings and on the march for the last stadium proposals, so I want to help again, maybe as a secret agent?! Although I would have to put my name and address as a supporter of theres. Any suggestions?

When the planning application is submitted to the Council, anyone who is in favour of the proposals will be able to submit their comments to the Council, just like the objectors are entitled to do.

It's all premature as we haven't yet seen the plans to say whether we're for or against.

Sounds a good idea to me.

Solely on the basis that the organisers behind this are sure to be monitoring this thread, I suggest that you get involved with them and go along to their first meeting. Knowing that we have a man on the inside will send them mad with paranoia :wink:

I can scan the doc tomorrow night, I need to go round to a relative to do this sadly.

The leafet is as follows.

Black/white/green piece of A4, folded in half, printed on on all 'four' sides, if you know what I mean. It urges you to put it up in your window as a show of your support for F.R.A.G.

Front sheet tells of contact info, back sheet says 'Boundary Park? Not in my Boundary!' (Lame and incorrect I know)

Some other blurb and cliche too.

Is this a list of things which will improve if the ground is built? If they travel a couple of miles towards Ashton that COMS really has :censored: up that area hasn't it? I mean, massive Asda, Yuppy flats, old industrial eyesore wasteland regenerated. Absoultely ruined Beswick hasn't it?

Is this a list of things which will improve if the ground is built? If they travel a couple of miles towards Ashton that COMS really has :censored: up that area hasn't it? I mean, massive Asda, Yuppy flats, old industrial eyesore wasteland regenerated. Absoultely ruined Beswick hasn't it?

I know I'd much rather have derelict factorys and scrapyards.

I'm in Sheffield atm and it is one great big building site, but it's a big improvement on what it used to be - thats right even the Yorkshiremen are adapting to change

Who's up for dressing up as the four horsemen of the apocalypse, riding horseback down brodway screaming the end is nigh!! :grin:

Not on a Friday night though.

I doubt even the four horsemen of the apocalypse would risk riding into Failsworth on a Friday night.

It's been amply demonstrated that most of the points raised by FRAG can be competently argued against.

However the scaremongering nature of its campaign is aimed at getting lots of signatures on its petition in the hope that councillors will be intimidated by "opinion".

It is a responsibility of all who want the club to succeed in its move to ensure that the emotional claptrap being circulated by FRAG is shown up to be what it is. We can all write letters to the Chron, councillors etc.

And, yes, the club must do its part too. I believe it will.

The club has a difficult path to follow. Disproving the incorrect claims whilst keeping (or trying to keep) the majority of locals onside. I would suggest we allow the club to tread the diplomatic path while the fans - by way of letters to the Chron, phonecalls to their councillors etc. - do what they can to answer/dispute/disprove F.R.A.G.'s complaints.

What sort of radius from the planned site will be deemed to be "interested parties"?

if it effects anyone who pays rates to the area. I think its only right they attend !!

You dont have to live next door to the project to be effected, what about you live 2 miles away but would use the facilities every day ?? surely you would want to know about the project ?

It's been amply demonstrated that most of the points raised by FRAG can be competently argued against.

However the scaremongering nature of its campaign is aimed at getting lots of signatures on its petition in the hope that councillors will be intimidated by "opinion".

It is a responsibility of all who want the club to succeed in its move to ensure that the emotional claptrap being circulated by FRAG is shown up to be what it is. We can all write letters to the Chron, councillors etc.

And, yes, the club must do its part too. I believe it will.

I would agree that the Chron, the councillors and the like will pay attention to some letters from people in favour of a new stadium. But on one proviso- they will have to live in Oldham- no councillor is going to give a monkeys that some medical student who hasn't lived in Oldham for over 20 years wants a new stadium for his football team. (Note I'm not sure I do).

This is the biggest problem with a lot about the club they see it as a town team and focus its attentions on the town- heck half the people who support Oldham don't want to move to Failsworth because they see it as moving out of Oldham. Oldham fans come from far and wide (OK so most originally come from the area East of the M66, North of the M67 and west of the Pennines) but that still leaves a bloody big area for which the Chron and Oldham council have no say. I'm not saying that being considered a "town team" isn't a bad thing its just not the be all and end all.

I would agree that the Chron, the councillors and the like will pay attention to some letters from people in favour of a new stadium. But on one proviso- they will have to live in Oldham- no councillor is going to give a monkeys that some medical student who hasn't lived in Oldham for over 20 years wants a new stadium for his football team. (Note I'm not sure I do).

Email letters rarely give location.....