F.R.A.G.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m sure I can dig something out of the old Economic League archives on him too!

You only joined because you've got a thing about Sue Lawley.

Edited to add: just remembered that it was the Freedom Association that she was in. The organisation for people who don't properly understand the meaning of the word freedom.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Tell me if I am wrong but the decision to offer Oldham the land to lease could become a sticking point outside of the planning application ? If the council power changed then the council could refuse us the land ?

The decision to lease the land has already been taken. The planning application, still awaited, will be dealt with before the Elections in May, because the Council cannot be seen to be delaying like last time.

The decision to lease the land has already been taken. The planning application, still awaited, will be dealt with before the Elections in May, because the Council cannot be seen to be delaying like last time.

Lets get two things right Deigo... First all any decision can be reversed regarding the lease of the land and while you say planing application will be heard before May that is dependent on many factors, the biggest being how long it takes the club to actual submit it.

As the champion of the truth your don't half come up with some massive "half truths".

Lets get two things right Deigo... First all any decision can be reversed regarding the lease of the land and while you say planing application will be heard before May that is dependent on many factors, the biggest being how long it takes the club to actual submit it.

As the champion of the truth your don't half come up with some massive "half truths".

I just deal it what we know from the horses's mouth.

At the moment the Council has decided to lease the land to the Club. End of story on the lease question. Not worth worrying about.

As you say, the decision could be reversed (if the Club has not taken possession of the land before the Election), but what's the point in scaremongering about what might be? We have enough people not keeping the Faith already, so why scare others away?

The Council Leader says "...sometimes you have to dare to dream. This represents a fantastic opportunity for the Borough as a whole and is a bold and imaginative step forward.” Let's hope he's right when we see the plans.

Meanwhile there's enough to worry about on the pitch without worrying about the sort of things people keep speculating about.

At the moment the Council has decided to lease the land to the Club. End of story on the lease question. Not worth worrying about.

As you say, the decision could be reversed (if the Club has not taken possession of the land before the Election), but what's the point in scaremongering about what might be? We have enough people not keeping the Faith already, so why scare others away?

It has NOTHING to do with scaremongering. It has EVERYTHING to do with knowing all the potential pit falls and issues with the current plan. I am getting sick and tired of you claiming to be the champion of the TRUTH when in fact your actually misleading and sweeping potential issues and problems under the carpets.

The facts are a change in council leadership could effect the stadium. You might see it as a minor issue but it is an issue. You have your own little agenda mate so stop trying to cry foul at everyone else who is REALLY after the truth.

Get the plans in and confirmed before May or face possible problems... I think that is how your mitigate this risk.

The Council Leader says "...sometimes you have to dare to dream. This represents a fantastic opportunity for the Borough as a whole and is a bold and imaginative step forward.” Let's hope he's right when we see the plans.

I totally agree and hope that is the case.

Meanwhile there's enough to worry about on the pitch without worrying about the sort of things people keep speculating about.

IN YOUR OPINION.... I think the stadium is a far more important subject then who we are or arent going to play up front on Saturday.

So you admit that there is a possibility of Failsworth being eaten by a giant green space-monkey and excreted in a distant nebula BEFORE the plans reach final approval? Yet you carefully avoided any mention of this whilst peddling your happy clappy agenda. :ranting:

It has NOTHING to do with scaremongering. It has EVERYTHING to do with knowing all the potential pit falls and issues with the current plan. I am getting sick and tired of you claiming to be the champion of the TRUTH when in fact. your actually misleading and sweeping potential issues and problems under the carpets.

The facts are a change in council leadership could effect the stadium. You might see it as a minor issue but it is an issue. You have your own little agenda mate so stop trying to cry foul at everyone else who is REALLY after the truth.

You say "in fact" and "the facts are", but you're dealing in possibilities rather than facts. You mention "the current plan" but we haven't seen a plan yet, it's merely a proposal to prepare plans to achieve the objectives of TTA. All sorts of things could happen, but the time to worry about them is if they happen. You can't sweep an issue/problem under the carpet if it's only imaginary.

I don't have any agenda. I'm just as intrigued as the next person about what TTA are up to, but I'm waiting patiently until there is something definite on which to comment. I've never wanted to leave BP under any of the proposals in the past, but it grieves me to hear people constantly moaning about what they believe is going to happen, when they're only basing their opinion on someone else's worries, nightmares, premonitions or even educated guesses.

Get the plans in and confirmed before May or face possible problems... I think that is how your mitigate this risk.

Of course that's how you mitigate risks and that's exactly what the Club has told us they're doing, starting with the end of the 90 day preparatory period ending in early December. The time to start worrying is if the Cloub doesn't keep to its timetable, not now.

IN YOUR OPINION.... I think the stadium is a far more important subject then who we are or arent going to play up front on Saturday.

Maybe for those who aren't bothered about watcing the team, but who plays up front on Saturday will have more imfluence on the Club's short-term future than the stadium. It may also have a bearing on how many people, who turn up at BP on Saturday, turn up for the following home game, the games up to 2011 and the games in the new stadium, wherever ithat may be.

Maybe for those who aren't bothered about watcing the team, but who plays up front on Saturday will have more imfluence on the Club's short-term future than the stadium. It may also have a bearing on how many people, who turn up at BP on Saturday, turn up for the following home game, the games up to 2011 and the games in the new stadium, wherever ithat may be.

I personally think it all rides on the new stadium... I think the opening of any new stadium will see a full house... Its about how you handle it from that point....

What happens between now and then is small fry as long as we maintain our status in this league.

You say "in fact" and "the facts are", but you're dealing in possibilities rather than facts. You mention "the current plan" but we haven't seen a plan yet, it's merely a proposal to prepare plans to achieve the objectives of TTA. All sorts of things could happen, but the time to worry about them is if they happen. You can't sweep an issue/problem under the carpet if it's only imaginary.

I don't have any agenda. I'm just as intrigued as the next person about what TTA are up to, but I'm waiting patiently until there is something definite on which to comment. I've never wanted to leave BP under any of the proposals in the past, but it grieves me to hear people constantly moaning about what they believe is going to happen, when they're only basing their opinion on someone else's worries, nightmares, premonitions or even educated guesses.

Of course that's how you mitigate risks and that's exactly what the Club has told us they're doing, starting with the end of the 90 day preparatory period ending in early December. The time to start worrying is if the Cloub doesn't keep to its timetable, not now.

The idea you wait until the :censored: has hit the fan before you worry is totally wrong in my opinion... You are chalk and I am cheese it would seem.

I personally think it all rides on the new stadium... I think the opening of any new stadium will see a full house... Its about how you handle it from that point....

What happens between now and then is small fry as long as we maintain our status in this league.

It must be very reassuring for TTA to know that you think the new stadium will be full for its opening - 'Celebration Sunday' all over again, but this time some income to go with the vrowd.

Meanwhile the team can play to only away fans at BP and that's OK with you............provided the Club doesn't slip out of the League. not that you would worry, but you acknowledge that it would be a concern for TTA.

Just when was it that you lost the Faith?

It must be very reassuring for TTA to know that you think the new stadium will be full for its opening - 'Celebration Sunday' all over again, but this time some income to go with the vrowd.

Meanwhile the team can play to only away fans at BP and that's OK with you............provided the Club doesn't slip out of the League. not that you would worry, but you acknowledge that it would be a concern for TTA.

Bully boy! :grin:

Of course its a concern... I haven't stopped caring about the club because I had enough of the piss poor activities of the board.... Dont worry youself old timer, I will be back out with the begging buckets with the best of them if ever required again. If I actually thought it would make the blind bit of different I would there Saturday I would be. Fact is, IT DOSE NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE...

Don't worry yourself anyway, I will be coming back soon enough... I was going to come back this Saturday until circumstances got in the way (family over from Australia)... A bit of a break has seen the bug start to burn inside me again... No thanks to the likes of patronizing sods like yourself... No doubt it will be put out by a combination of a :censored:e performance and the same old offering within the ground...

With nine games to go last season...

Edited by oafc0000

With nine games to go last season...

I'm not sure some people realise how much that pissed people off.

Not the loss of Sheridan, which even his most ardent fan (me) could see coming. More the timing of it. It just smacked of giving in, after I'd spent a fortune following the club up and down the country. In the end I didn't come back that season - there was no point at all (and I went on holiday which knocked off a few games).