F.R.A.G.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can scan the doc tomorrow night, I need to go round to a relative to do this sadly.

The leafet is as follows.

Black/white/green piece of A4, folded in half, printed on on all 'four' sides, if you know what I mean. It urges you to put it up in your window as a show of your support for F.R.A.G.

Front sheet tells of contact info, back sheet says 'Boundary Park? Not in my Boundary!' (Lame and incorrect I know)

Inside it warns of the following issues - Noise, Litter, Crime, Parking, Traffic Congestion, Environmental Degeneration, Missue of Gifted Land, Higher Insurance Premiums, Drastic Devaluation of Property! (they put an exclamation mark after that one for some reason), Lack of Council Consultation and Pollution.

Some other blurb and cliche too.

They obviously aint been to BP if they think we make noise :lol:

Due process will follow but they fail... There whole campaign seems so weak...

Their only hope is a change in power within the council I think...

Or as suggested earlier, seeing the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse on a merry trot down broadway may see a few of them off me thinks.

I will come as death but based on the Terry Pratchett Disc world character. I will go sharpen my scythe now...but I am crap at horse riding and will need some training first

Due process will follow but they fail... There whole campaign seems so weak...

Oh dear I'm not up on Oldham politics but with a general election (and local election) 6-7 months away I think we had better get a move on then as I could see that happening.

Solely on the basis that the organisers behind this are sure to be monitoring this thread, I suggest that you get involved with them and go along to their first meeting. Knowing that we have a man on the inside will send them mad with paranoia :wink:

So, to the BIG question, who are the FRAG insiders on here?

Anyone seen the movie '2012' yet? If you haven't, the opening 15 mins shows planet earth's destruction as direct consequence of a small soccer stadium being built on the outskirts of LA.

It seems Failworthians have the skills of Nostrodamus when it comes to sports development.......

Even a change of power would not permit the Council to act irresponsibly by refusing an appication on non-valid planning grounds.

I think the traffic survey is the key element once again, but if the Club pays for junction improvements (reducing any TTA profit still further) to facilitate access to and egress from the car pak, for both matchdays and the proposed Metrolink station, it should be OK.

Even a change of power would not permit the Council to act irresponsibly by refusing an appication on non-valid planning grounds.

I think the traffic survey is the key element once again, but if the Club pays for junction improvements (reducing any TTA profit still further) to facilitate access to and egress from the car pak, for both matchdays and the proposed Metrolink station, it should be OK.

Tell me if I am wrong but the decision to offer Oldham the land to lease could become a sticking point outside of the planning application ? If the council power changed then the council could refuse us the land ?

Edited by oafc0000

Maybe on a national level... Locally could be different...

Indeed so. There are a couple of popular Lib Dem councillors standing down this time so much depends on the campaign.

It has been mostly Labour councillors speaking up against, but I do tend to think that is mostly coincidental - the more relevant point is that they are councillors for the nearest ward(s).

It's very unlikely that Labour would look to sabotage the plans if they were to gain a majority in May. But from the point of view of the club and developers it would be worth their while to crack on as far as possible with planning and consultation etc. before then ... just in case.

Me and Coporal :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not me. I'm not against the Failsworth project in principle. Although Failsworth is probably the last place Latics ought to base themselves, if it really is there or nowhere, as we're being told, then I'm prepared to hold my nose. It's just the abject surrender to a permanent lower division future the small stadium represents that I can't stomach.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Not me. I'm not against the Failsworth project in principal. Although Failsworth is probably the last place Latics ought to base themselves, if it really is there or nowhere, as we're being told, then I'm prepared to hold my nose. It's just the abject surrender to a permanent lower division future the small stadium represents that I can't stomach.

It was a joke... I feel the same...