Silly fool...

Daboke

Cheers for that, moral guardian of the messageboard.

At least now I know what I should be thinking.

I must have missed the bit where he claimed to be our moral guardian.

Still, for those incapable of thinking for themselves there could be worse examples to follow.

Somewhere. :wink:

I must have missed the bit where he claimed to be our moral guardian.

Still, for those incapable of thinking for themselves there could be worse examples to follow.

Somewhere. :wink:

Go back and read some of his many many posts on other threads regarding what Subway should be selling and what we should be eating, or the BNP etc etc etc.

To be fair I think that's a little harsh HTC. I don't think he imposes anything - it's up to the individual to adopt their own outlook, whether it's right or wrong can and is discussed. Which is the great thing about these forums.

I used to let it debates get underneath my skin, y'know the one - "Somebody is wrong on the internet" - but you can't operate like that - I found out that I was probably arguing against the individual and not the subject matter, which is wrong...

To be fair I think that's a little harsh HTC. I don't think he imposes anything - it's up to the individual to adopt their own outlook, whether it's right or wrong can and is discussed. Which is the great thing about these forums.

I used to let it debates get underneath my skin, y'know the one - "Somebody is wrong on the internet" - but you can't operate like that - I found out that I was probably arguing against the individual and not the subject matter, which is wrong...

Aye, its probably just me.

He just does sometimes seem to come across as a bit sanctimonious and self righteous on occasions. :unsure:

Anyway I'll move on.

:grin:

No harm meant on my part either. Bit like Rummy, I've learnt to relax a bit in the past few weeks.

When you take a step back, it's nice to be able to argue the toss over different opinions without getting stressed about it. It's worth remembering sometimes that we're all here for a common cause. :)

Cheers for that, moral guardian of the messageboard.

At least now I know what I should be thinking.

Go back and read some of his many many posts on other threads regarding what Subway should be selling and what we should be eating, or the BNP etc etc etc.

I was curious as to whether he every has an opinion that he doesn't express. :lol:

Aye, its probably just me.

He just does sometimes seem to come across as a bit sanctimonious and self righteous on occasions. :unsure:

Anyway I'll move on.

:lol:

Every heard of the concept of freedom of speech ? :petesake:

What I am doing is called expressing an opinion on a discussion board :) Maybe you should rethink if a discussion board is the right place for you if you wish to restrict someone’s right to have and to express an opinion :lol: Its beggars belief :)

Fine. But wrong.

noted - I will correct all the Japanese text books I have used over the past couple of years and send e-mails to every school here stating we have taught them wrong. <_<

to be honest though - I like being corrected on things like this :grin: - it just proves that they have been influenced by Americans who don't know the correct terms for such matters..... and I, as has now been proven, have fallen into the same trap.

I'm going to cause another ALT war*!

*I won the last ones stating that football is the correct term to use - not soccer....

and that "I'm fine" means that "I could be better" - Not "I'm great".

Now - where are those American ladies so that they can try and argue with me about such things?! Bring em!

Every heard of the concept of freedom of speech ? :petesake:

What I am doing is called expressing an opinion on a discussion board :) Maybe you should rethink if a discussion board is the right place for you if you wish to restrict someone’s right to have and to express an opinion :lol: Its beggars belief :)

I was just expressing my right to freedom of speech in calling you sanctimonious and self righteous. :petesake:

Instead of spending every waking hour on here expressing your opinion on anything and everything ad nauseum, you might try getting down to Boundary Park occasionally for a game, this is an OAFC messageboard in case you hadn't noticed.

I was just expressing my right to freedom of speech in calling you sanctimonious and self righteous. :petesake:

Instead of spending every waking hour on here expressing your opinion on anything and everything ad nauseum, you might try getting down to Boundary Park occasionally for a game, this is an OAFC messageboard in case you hadn't noticed.

oafc0000 is invariably spot on. We're all lucky that he takes time out from his busy schedule to post so often.