My Latest Sky Sports Blog

Part of the problem at Latics is the depressingly low expectations; a lot of the fanbase appear to measure how close we are from sixth as a yardstick of success, whereas not finishing in the top two is considered failure for some of our rivals.

Its "Ickle Oldham" syndrome... Why else do you think the move to a 12k stadium is on the cards...

I think any start to a season with a new manager in charge though its hard to expect much more than mid-table.

Part of the problem at Latics is the depressingly low expectations; a lot of the fanbase appear to measure how close we are from sixth as a yardstick of success, whereas not finishing in the top two is considered failure for some of our rivals.

Surely you have to take into consideration the players you have to measure success?

If I really believed that the players we have could get into the top 2 then I would set my sights there but not with this bunch I am afraid.

there will be more at norwich than charlton, so i wouldnt say die hards

If we take more than the 600 we took to Charlton to Carrow Road I'll be very surprised, given that it is the journey from hell and the fact we are about as threatening as a pacifist's pistol.

Surely you have to take into consideration the players you have to measure success?

If I really believed that the players we have could get into the top 2 then I would set my sights there but not with this bunch I am afraid.

Bang on the money wozz Lets face it if we all demanded at the start for us to have the league in the bag by now would it seriously make any difference to where we are right now in the league. My expectations are based purely on what we have and what we can do with it.

Bang on the money wozz Lets face it if we all demanded at the start for us to have the league in the bag by now would it seriously make any difference to where we are right now in the league. My expectations are based purely on what we have and what we can do with it.

Reading the interviews with other teams fans I'd say hoping that you might make the play-offs is about the norm for fans in this division, aside from the odd filthy Yorkshireman and one or two others.

Reading the interviews with other teams fans I'd say hoping that you might make the play-offs is about the norm for fans in this division, aside from the odd filthy Yorkshireman and one or two others.

I think play offs is setting yourself sufficently high for an average side, becasue it means you only have to slightly overachieve to get there, and when you do a win followed by a draw followed by another win and bang your pomoted. This is probably the reason why the play offs were invented and have proved to be a good thing for football overall, although not necessarily for us as we have lost 3 times in them. Having said that with the squad we have I don't expect us to get there although I do hope and think the squad should aim at it.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Good read mate..

you only get good products with good money...how can you buy a rolls royce with an income of say thirty grand a week,Well you could but like leeds united you might go bust borrowing from peter to pay paul... the point is live within your means and stop expecting your skoda to drive like a roll's royce..

enjoy today's game and let's hope that our wheels stay on :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

you only get good products with good money...how can you buy a rolls royce with an income of say thirty grand a week,Well you could but like leeds united you might go bust borrowing from peter to pay paul... the point is live within your means and stop expecting your skoda to drive like a roll's royce..

enjoy today's game and let's hope that our wheels stay on :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

And when little or no 'good money' is forthcoming a club can go into terminal decline.

• 2 months later...
And when little or no 'good money' is forthcoming a club can go into terminal decline.

This was originally written as the Brentford and Stockport games were called off, AND it wasn't intended to be as harsh on Mr. Penney - anyhow let me know what you think! (Sky have taken nearly a week to post it up!)

Fixture pile-up...

Oh and there will be a blog on the new ground appearing very soon!

This was originally written as the Brentford and Stockport games were called off, AND it wasn't intended to be as harsh on Mr. Penney - anyhow let me know what you think! (Sky have taken nearly a week to post it up!)

Fixture pile-up...

Oh and there will be a blog on the new ground appearing very soon!

Blogs are like buses, you don't see one for months nthen two appear within days...

New Ground