Isn't Kiegan Parker playing in the wrong position?

not the first time he's been on the right wing though for latics.

today though,i think a combination of being shoved in the stiffs for a game, being put on the bench, then having brooke put on before him seemingly showed him he has to buck up his ideas.

consistency is his problem.

But is dropping him for someone who is consistently :censored: the answer?

But is dropping him for someone who is consistently :censored: the answer?

only DP has control over that.

its up to parker to buck up his ideas and become a permanent fixture in the first eleven, by churning out performances that he knows he should be.

the competition for places is essential...the goalkeeping problem has proved that.

Think he put more crosses in during his 10-15 minutes than Smalley had done in the previous 75

I agree. When Keigan Parker came on today, the amount of chances he created for us in such a short time was excellent. Hope he can start in that position next game.

Agree totally, Smalley was awful - absolute :censored: out yet again

Oh, bollocks.

Alright, Smalley coming back from injury has hardly had the start we wanted, but he isn't anywhere near a player I'd get near to stringing up.

I'm remembering games where he was the only one that gave a :censored:. And he has continually improved over the years. To have a go when he has been injured and probably isn't better now is poor.

not the first time he's been on the right wing though for latics.

today though,i think a combination of being shoved in the stiffs for a game, being put on the bench, then having brooke put on before him seemingly showed him he has to buck up his ideas.

consistency is his problem.

And their LB having been sent off...

Oh, bollocks.

Alright, Smalley coming back from injury has hardly had the start we wanted, but he isn't anywhere near a player I'd get near to stringing up.

I'm remembering games where he was the only one that gave a :censored:. And he has continually improved over the years. To have a go when he has been injured and probably isn't better now is poor.

Spot on that man! More short memories...this is a lad who's been rushed back through injury! And to name a couple of those games above...Leeds away twice (on LW one season when Taylor went off injured!) and Everton spring to mind...I'm disappointed at seeing Smalley struggle but I don't blame him as the reasons are blatantly obvious. A bit like they are with the best player we've got...Taylor...who is also struggling to have an impact throughout this season.

Spot on that man! More short memories...this is a lad who's been rushed back through injury! And to name a couple of those games above...Leeds away twice (on LW one season when Taylor went off injured!) and Everton spring to mind...I'm disappointed at seeing Smalley struggle but I don't blame him as the reasons are blatantly obvious. A bit like they are with the best player we've got...Taylor...who is also struggling to have an impact throughout this season.

Nope disagree, watch the guy his body language is awful his end product is none existent. JP Kalala played well at Everton doesn't mean he's any good. He's not a striker because he's too much of a soft-arse and he's not a winger because he never puts in a cross (ok one yesterday) for his height and size he should be bullying people instead he constantly :censored:s out. Whether he's rusty after the inuury or not, wimping out time and again is no excuse.

Colbeck was villified but still puts more effort in than soft arse and was superb yesterday after his kick up the arse.

Oh, bollocks.

Was you even there oh holier than thou Part-Timer?

Edited by oafcprozac

Agree totally, Smalley was awful - absolute :censored: out yet again

have to disagree aswel tbh. i was suprisd he went off as i though overall he was having a good game. ye fair enough he doesnt get enough crosses in and when he attempts one often doesnt beat the full back with it. but hes a 20 year old* winger with a handful of first team games hes still learning when to deliver first time and when to try and beat the man. when you consider most of his reserve team games and youth games he was a striker it will take some degree of adaptation and then add the fact he should till be on the sidleines for another month or so. he got tierny sent off with his running and looked dangerous at times (until the end product)

* may be 21

i just think some people dont look for/see potential in players and refuse to take the positives from a young inexperienced players performances and would prefer to pick at there faults

You make a fair point, and the current crop of Latics fans (apologies for generalities here) are among the worst I've known for getting on players' backs with little cause.

Trying to fairly appraise what Smalley the striker needs to improve - doesn't score enough (or look like scoring).

Trying to fairly appraise what Smalley the winger need to improve - doesn't deliver enough balls in to the box (or look like getting more than a corner).

Those are comments about last season and the 4 games (post injury) this season. If he works specifically on delivering good crosses he will improve. If he doesn't, he's not worth a place in the team when an interested Keigan Parker is available.