3402 Home fans For a league fixture at BP.

I have not looked at any other posts so I apologise if this has been discussed already at length.

Is that (3402) our lowest Number of Home fans for a home game in the league for a fair few year? or have we had worse in more recent memory?

From my own personal circumstance normally there’s a group of us that go to the game but today non of us went.

I went to Boundary park on Friday dinner to buy a few things from the shop and I just couldn’t get motivated or excited about watching us play at home anymore, I couldn’t bring myself to buy a ticket.

Its not the ground or cost for me and I hate to say it, but it’s the feel about the place and our owners.

I don’t want to sell our soul to a small lifeless stadium just so it’s a better prospect for the three amigos to sell. I really am starting to feel no connection with the club anymore.

I am going to Walsall Norwich and Wycombe away but I am not going to boundary park through the turnstile for the foreseeable future.

I know I am going to get grief for this but I am obviously not the only one disheartened and annoyed with the whole aura about this club and I think the easiest answer is forget the move and redevelop Boundary park. If the club does move I most probably will not bother going to home games.

:disappointed:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a season ticket holder and I was not looking forward to the game at all. It had 0-1 written all over it for me.

However, it turned into a very enjoyable game, easily a close runner-up to the Dongs match. In fact the only thing it was missing was a late winner for us.

Who'd have thought that the players getting shots in at every given opportunity would have made such a difference?! :shock:

I see the complete opposite. Cant wait to move, everything about BP is drab and depressing.

I can understand why you think that, but I cant see past IMO the main reason for the move, to make the selling of the club easier for the current owners.

I just wont feel any connection with the club in what the city scum are already calling the SMS!

SMALL MANC STADIUM!

I couldn't really give a toss what City fans are saying. There is a lack of support for us at the moment, 3400 today as you have pointed out. People are saying moving to failsworth will lose us fans but lets be honest there aint many to lose. I think with the correct marketing kids from failsworth can be won over to supporting latics.

I can understand why you think that, but I cant see past IMO the main reason for the move, to make the selling of the club easier for the current owners.

I just wont feel any connection with the club in what the city scum are already calling the SMS!

SMALL MANC STADIUM!

so your stopping goin cause some City herberts are taking the piss?

I couldn't really give a toss what City fans are saying. There is a lack of support for us at the moment, 3400 today as you have pointed out. People are saying moving to failsworth will lose us fans but lets be honest there aint many to lose. I think with the correct marketing kids from failsworth can be won over to supporting latics.

there must of been around 60-80 children with parents sat in the Chaddy End which must of been given free tickets so the true attendance was even worst than that

so your stopping goin cause some City herberts are taking the piss?

:lol: If that was the case I wouldn’t have wasted 26 years supporting us!

I just Feel let down by the owners. 100% of the fans were behind the redevelopment of boundary park and there was uproar when the plans were refused first time round.

So what do the owners do? Opt to move to a small prefab copy stadia around the corner from Eastland’s dividing us fans and alienating some of the hardcore support loyal to the club all just to recoup some money they invested and increase their own chance of resale.

It’s a bitter taste for me.

SMALL MANC STADIUM!

Maybe it will be a very good stadium? Anyway, why not point out to them that they only have a decent ground because the Commonwealth felt sorry for their City and throew them a bone. Why believe the worst and toss it in just when things might actually be moving forward after all these years?

I was on the way to the game today, not really looking forward to it, but thought the same thing I always have thought....at 3pm on a Saturday, there is nowhere I would rather be than Boundary Park watching the blues.

Ok, its :censored:...but I dont support us because we are good. I support us because we are Oldham. Through thick, thin and thinner, we will always be my team. So :censored: it, turn up and get behind the lads.

If you think that then you are plain wrong IMO.

Unless you know the economics then you really do not know the full picture. From what I have managed to gleam, moving is a no brainer for the long term future of oldham Athletic Football Club. To me that is what really matters. I am not interested in side shows.

If it does make it easier in the long term for TTA to sell at the end of the project then so be it. Like most owners, when they bought the club, I would be sure that they hadn't planned to be here for ever and a day and by the time this whole project is complete they will have been here for 10 years or at least the best part of. They wanted to come in, live their dream of owning a club and take a club that was losing money hand over fist and had been for many a year and turn it into a club, using the assets at their disposal, that could stand on its own feet before riding off into the sunset.

If they have achieved that when they do depart then progress will have been made during their tenure and I will wish them all the best.

Cheers,

Harry

Completely agree mate, why the :censored: would anyone want to stay at BP?! Its :censored:!!

If that’s the case why do we support oldham? we are :censored: and soon will be in what everybody considers to be... manchester!

Its a mistake for us to move, the clubs that have moved to new grounds and been successful also had substantial investment in the team and it was a snowball effect.

The owners don’t have the money to move and invest in the team.

They want a quick sale.

If you can tell me one club that has moved to a new stadia and been successful without substantial financial backing in the team or had a substantial core support or already in the top flight, I will buy a season ticket!

When your sat in your new small stadium watching poor players sitting amongst strangers however few people may be there, then you will realise the importance of keeping your spiritual home and holding on to the things that are important.

I realise this club must get with the times but IMO this should be redevelopment of Boundary park.

First a new stadia then a new name what next? The owners are not here because they Love Oldham Athletic they are business men.

If that’s the case why do we support oldham? we are :censored: and soon will be in what everybody considers to be... manchester!

Its a mistake for us to move, the clubs that have moved to new grounds and been successful also had substantial investment in the team and it was a snowball effect.

They want a quick sale.

If you can tell me one club that has moved to a new stadia and been successful without substantial financial backing in the team or had a substantial core support or already in the top flight, I will buy a season ticket!

When your sat in your new small stadium watching poor players sitting amongst strangers however few people may be there, then you will realise the importance of keeping your spiritual home and holding on to the things that are important.

I realise this club must get with the times but IMO this should be redevelopment of Boundary park.

First a new stadia then a new name what next? The owners are not here because they Love Oldham Athletic they are business men.

Can you inform us then how that is going to be achieved.

i.e. where will the money come from to re-develop the stadium AND invest in the team?

You haven't even seen the plans yet for the Lancaster Club site or how the club believe that it will bring in additional revenue streams, so how can you make that judgement?

I believe once that onformation is in the public domain then is the time you can make that call.

Cheers,

Harry

If you think that then you are plain wrong IMO.

Unless you know the economics then you really do not know the full picture. From what I have managed to gleam, moving is a no brainer for the long term future of oldham Athletic Football Club. To me that is what really matters. I am not interested in side shows.

If it does make it easier in the long term for TTA to sell at the end of the project then so be it. Like most owners, when they bought the club, I would be sure that they hadn't planned to be here for ever and a day and by the time this whole project is complete they will have been here for 10 years or at least the best part of. They wanted to come in, live their dream of owning a club and take a club that was losing money hand over fist and had been for many a year and turn it into a club, using the assets at their disposal, that could stand on its own feet before riding off into the sunset.

If they have achieved that when they do depart then progress will have been made during their tenure and I will wish them all the best.

Cheers,

Harry

I know what your saying and your most probably right, My views are 90% from my heart and 10% from my head but they haven’t reassured me one bit to think otherwise.

I keep thinking where would we be without them and I am grateful to them for keeping the club alive, I just don’t see the move working and that is my opinion however right or wrong it may be.

If they are here for ten years in total then its ten years they have kept the club alive and that takes precedent for me, HOWEVER after ten years the spiritual home is lost, no promotion and to be left with poor players struggling in the 3rd division and a small soulless ground is far from a fairytale ending for me.

If they said they would move and give promotion a real crack I would be somewhat happy, I am worried how they will leave us and the ultimate price we will pay for them living out their dreams!

Edited by KYLEOAFC

If they said they would move and give promotion a real crack I would be somewhat happy, I am worried how they will leave us and the ultimate price we will play for living out their dreams!

Then I suggest that you wait and see what the plans are when they are made public.

Cheers,

Harry

I know what your saying and your most probably right, My views are 90% from my heart and 10% from my head but they haven’t reassured me one bit to think otherwise.

I keep thinking where would we be without them and I am grateful to them for keeping the club alive, I just don’t see the move working and that is my opinion however right or wrong it may be.

If they are here for ten years in total then its ten years they have kept the club alive and that takes precedent for me, HOWEVER after ten years the spiritual home is lost, no promotion and to be left with poor players struggling in the 3rd division and a small soulless ground is far from a fairytale ending for me.

If they said they would move and give promotion a real crack I would be somewhat happy, I am worried how they will leave us and the ultimate price we will play for living out their dreams!

If you want to be pissed off you will be come what may. If you want to believe what some City bell-ends tell you about our new ground or where we are going, do it. After all, they've really got a claim to a firm grasp of reality, haven't they?

I was on the way to the game today, not really looking forward to it, but thought the same thing I always have thought....at 3pm on a Saturday, there is nowhere I would rather be than Boundary Park watching the blues.

Ok, its :censored:...but I dont support us because we are good. I support us because we are Oldham. Through thick, thin and thinner, we will always be my team. So :censored: it, turn up and get behind the lads.

Quite right. Was walking to the ground today thinking :censored:e weather, uninspiring opposition who won't bring many, looking as toothless as I've ever seen them, on the back of a winless run, out of every cup... ain't going to be many watching. In fact, I figured already it was going to be a sub 3,500 crowd.

Can't blame people for not turning up for that, but those last 25 minutes today are exactly why I go and put up with the :censored:e, moaning, groaning, defeats, doldrums, dejá vu every week. I wouldn't swap that feeling when the equaliser went in for the fecking world.

If you want to be pissed off you will be come what may. If you want to believe what some City bell-ends tell you about our new ground or where we are going, do it. After all, they've really got a claim to a firm grasp of reality, haven't they?

I am normally a glass half full kinda guy, I am just disappointed with losing BP and the Team at the moment.

I normally go to every game Home away friendly training whatever I love the club, today I couldn’t bring myself to go, that hurts me.

I just feel theres too many hidden agendas.........I need a hug off mr hardy I think lmao.

I am normally a glass half full kinda guy, I am just disappointed with losing BP and the Team at the moment.

I normally go to every game Home away friendly training whatever I love the club, today I couldn’t bring myself to go, that hurts me.

I just feel theres too many hidden agendas.........I need a hug off mr hardy I think lmao.

Yikes - I think I'd rather have a reach-around from John Holmes :wink:

However, it turned into a very enjoyable game, easily a close runner-up to the Dongs match. In fact the only thing it was missing was a late winner for us.

Yeah, best game at BP for a good while, slow first half, but 2nd half performance (admittedly against 10 men) was good and we could easily have nicked all 3 points...

Yeah, best game at BP for a good while, slow first half, but 2nd half performance (admittedly against 10 men) was good and we could easily have nicked all 3 points...

Playing against 10 men has been the most certain kiss of death for us for years. We made something of it for once, thank :censored:!

Not everybody, and what bits of "oldham" do the locals consider to be not oldham? saddleworth, shaw, royton, even chadd only 30 years ago; in 20 years, will anyone worry that OAFC is in a part of oldham that had only been part of oldham for 35 years when we moved, and only 65 years by then?

Where would you build a new ground for OAFC if your aim was to increase gates?

How will we secure any spare money for the team without a move, whether to failsworth or anywhere else? It's saving the maintenance cost and upping the gate that's they key to a few years income boost and investment in the team imho

They want a quick sale.

Ok, who's got the money and wants to put it in? Not wardle for a start. I agree they probably want out, but given their track record, I don;t think they want to screw us over

Scunthorpe. That was easy (Stoke too if you like)

You can't have it both ways, if there's only a few, they will be the few we have now, if there are strangers, they will be part of an increased support. As for the things that are important, well, if it's just OL1 2PA for you then I think it's mis-placed. You presumably would not support the club if it moved 100 yds then? or how far?

A re-development of BP would not have the "big bang" of a new stadium - it'd be a "new stand" then another "new stand". Also, the BP site has greater value being fully utilised for housing (removing OAFC removes a detraction from a housing perspective, and adds 30% more land).

That's really poor. A gross exageration. We will always be Oldham. As for TTA being businessmen, well that may be true, but all businessmen have hobbies that they love and spend/waste money on. Cars for some, golf for others. They won't be making a quick buck out of OAFC that's a certainty

You should've come today. We did actually play well - we conceded 2 and fought back. We were fighting back for 25 mins in the 1st half and deserved aa goal back. We didn't get it and got another 1 against. We fought on and were fighting on when tierney got himself sent off. In the end there was only 1 team trying to win.

Edited by real