FRAG to meet Club and Council Officials - Local Latics Fans invited

The rarely wrong Chron says the FRAG has organised a public meeting to be held on Monday at Failsworth School, Brierley Avenue, for 7pm. As the school has a maximum capacity of 320, the group is inviting only those, including Latics fans. living in Failsworth east and west wards.

Simon Corney and Alan Hardy will represent the Club and Councillor Mohib Uddin and Elaine McLean, executive director, will represent the Council and listen to the views and concerns of Failsworth residents as part of the ongoing consultation process.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...on-latics-plans

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

It won't look very good in no Latics fans turn up...... it will kind of strengthen the case that the stadium is being built in the wrong place.

Problem is, most of the locals will be city/scum fans thus eliminating the opportunity of Latics fans getting entry.

Maybe they should hold it in a slightly larger venue that can allow Latics fans to attend and oppose the residants who are arguning against a redevelopment that hasnt even released its full plans yet.

Problem is, most of the locals will be city/scum fans thus eliminating the opportunity of Latics fans getting entry.

Maybe they should hold it in a slightly larger venue that can allow Latics fans to attend and oppose the residants who are arguning against a redevelopment that hasnt even released its full plans yet.

Maybe they should charge £2 to eliminate the timewasters. :wink:

I see that the Chron reports the size as being 30 acres. Just Googled 30 acres and an answer says that this is the size of 30 football fields... is this correct?

no, incorrect. a full size pitch would be circa 1.5 acres, although your general point is right....30 acres is massive - which strengthens, AH's point. Someone find a similar sized vacant site in 'central' Oldham.

Edited by dish

I was following wardlelatic's advice to "watch this space" about a meeting for fans to ask questions about the proposed development, but the space seems to have disappeared.

been past it today the proposed new site,and when you actually look at the size,it is massive,and only 7 mins down broadway...

think the only ones moaning will be the houses which back onto it,cant think what there called but you go down nuthurst road to get there...

been past it today the proposed new site,and when you actually look at the size,it is massive,and only 7 mins down broadway...

think the only ones moaning will be the houses which back onto it,cant think what there called but you go down nuthurst road to get there...

I'm informed reliably that the nearest houses (approx 17) are about half a mile away

I'm informed reliably that the nearest houses (approx 17) are about half a mile away

They're much closer than 1/2 mile, in fact from the lancaster club it's about .2 of a mile to the nearest house. The whole site though runs right up to the houses parallel to broadway.

I'd guess that the plan might be to place less disruptive stuff towards that part of the site.