Feeder Club

It wouldn't be allowed. Leeds wanted to finance an academy for us but it was a no-goer wiith the FA.

if that had gone through, how would it have worked now with us in the same division???

it'll never happen due to the possible and, eventually, probable conflict of interest.

if that had gone through, how would it have worked now with us in the same division???

it'll never happen due to the possible and, eventually, probable conflict of interest.

Crewe had some sort of informal arrangement with Liverpool, who loaned players to Crewe,including striker Jon Newby and defender Stephen Wright, and had the pick of Crewe's youth players e.g. Rob Jones and Danny Murphy. Eventiually the two clubs were drawn against each other in the League Cup.

I don't know what happened about the arrangement, but the manner in which Liverpool recruit young talent has come under scrutiny this year because Crewe have alleged an illegal approach for one of their players.

Our neighbours seem very relucant to help us out???

Not even on loan either, who was the last player loaned to us and when?

I always say our Red neighbours are still sore about getting fined for poaching David Brown from us, but all the Reds on here think I'm Paranoid, which of couse is Garbage. :blink:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I always say our Red neighbours are still sore about getting fined for poaching David Brown from us, but all the Reds on here think I'm Paranoid, which of couse is Garbage. :blink:

A case of cutting off ones nose to spite ones face springs to mind. I'm not saying it shouldn't have been done but maybe a double take before proceeding went ahead, just out of interest, am I right in saying that it would have been the club who would have instigated proceedings or the fa?

A case of cutting off ones nose to spite ones face springs to mind. I'm not saying it shouldn't have been done but maybe a double take before proceeding went ahead, just out of interest, am I right in saying that it would have been the club who would have instigated proceedings or the fa?

IIRC the Club would probably not have bothered taking on the mighty Reds, but they had also poached an Arsenal player, so Arsenal complained to the F.A. with Latics joining them.

Bandwagon, here it comes, silly move IMO.

Hindsight is a great thing, but the attitude was don't let the bullies get away with breaking the rules. The small fine was no deterrent, and not much changes as big clubs are currently under investigation by FIFA for allegedly breaching rules, including ManUre for taking Paul Pogba from Le Havre.

Hindsight is a great thing, but the attitude was don't let the bullies get away with breaking the rules. The small fine was no deterrent, and not much changes as big clubs are currently under investigation by FIFA for allegedly breaching rules, including ManUre for taking Paul Pogba from Le Havre.

I'm not knocking the attitude of not letting the bullies get away with it, far from it, take Chelsea for instance- a ban on all transfers for 2 years, look how well they are going at the moment, with a squad size they have its hardly going to hurt them is it.

I'm not knocking the attitude of not letting the bullies get away with it, far from it, take Chelsea for instance- a ban on all transfers for 2 years, look how well they are going at the moment, with a squad size they have its hardly going to hurt them is it.

Maybe when the top clubs need to buy more home-grown players, they'll pay the clubs,where young players have been nutured, a proper price, but I won't hold my breath.

Thank God for sell-on clauses, such as Alan Hardy's inclusion of 20% in the Micah Richards deal.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Maybe when the top clubs need to buy more home-grown players, they'll pay the clubs,where young players have been nutured, a proper price, but I won't hold my breath.

Thank God for sell-on clauses, such as Alan Hardy's inclusion of 20% in the Micah Richards deal.

Hmmm but when does that 20% hit our account, when he has been sold, Chelsea can't buy him, them lot don't need one, L'pool have just shelled out, doesn't leave a club with plenty of funds at their disposal to come in and buy him.....other than somewhere from abroad, that trend seems to have slowed down over the last few years, ever since the billionaire Russian threw his cheque book at Chelsea, with the exception of a few going to La Liga.

Edited by tangerinedreams

Hmmm but when does that 20% hit our account, when he has been sold, Chelsea can't buy him, them lot don't need one, L'pool have just shelled out, doesn't leave a club with plenty of funds at their disposal to come in and buy him.....other than somewhere from abroad, that trend seems to have slowed down over the last few years, ever since the billionaire Russian threw his cheque book at Chelsea, with the exception of a few going to La Liga.

From next season the Greedy League clubs need to be making sure they have their required quota of English players.

Yes....... Enter Richards with 20% to OAFC.

Awaits comments about the back pocket of TTA.......

Pah the thought had crossed my mind......I'm on the fence.

That means Villa are good for next season, Arsenal are screwed, L'pool not too far behind neither will Chelsea to name but a few.

Edited by tangerinedreams

:grin: I got Diego even if no one else did- though the reference does show that despite being a pensioner you ain't as out of touch as some of your generation.

Thinking about the 5 home based players- in England they would have to be English wouldn't they (as opposed to British). Citeh despite having a lot of their team English grown have a lot of foreginers in their first team and may need Richards to get their quota up. Might not be so good for us.