• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

290pm6w.jpg

The legendary Billy the Fish.

Here's the 18th Dec clue...

Dec 18th

Born in 1927, this player played from three different national teams, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, and Spain - as well as the Europe XI team and a Catalan XI outfit. During the 1950's he made 345 appearances and 274 goals for a Catalan side. ?????????

290pm6w.jpg

The legendary Billy the Fish.

Here's the 18th Dec clue...

Dec 18th

Born in 1927, this player played from three different national teams, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, and Spain - as well as the Europe XI team and a Catalan XI outfit. During the 1950's he made 345 appearances and 274 goals for a Catalan side. ?????????

It sounds like the Galloping Magyar except for the Catalan bit?

335gv8o.jpg

It was László Kubala...

Now we're getting down to the last couple of days, here's tomorrows clue:

Dec 19th

This scouser was born in 1967. He was captain of the Manchester City youth team that won the FA Youth Cup. He subsequently became the first team's youngest ever captain (bonus point for telling me who is the youngest Man City captain is now). He was also captain of the England under-21 team. He played for Man City a total of 235 times and scored seven goals.

335gv8o.jpg

It was László Kubala...

Now we're getting down to the last couple of days, here's tomorrows clue:

Dec 19th

This scouser was born in 1967. He was captain of the Manchester City youth team that won the FA Youth Cup. He subsequently became the first team's youngest ever captain (bonus point for telling me who is the youngest Man City captain is now). He was also captain of the England under-21 team. He played for Man City a total of 235 times and scored seven goals.

Steve Redmond.

Micah Richards.

2mi2r7t.jpg

Yep, behind our 19th door was Steve Redmond, and the bonus was Micah.

Here's the clue for the 20th:

Dec 20th

This lad was born in 1952 in Roque Pérez, Argentina. He played successively for Quilmes, Club Atlético Tucumán and Racing Club - after an excellent World Cup in 1978, he was bought into the English 1st Division by Keith Burkinshaw....

It was Ricky Villa.

2pt5wt2.jpg

We begin our countdown into Christmas week with this:

Dec 21st

This player was born in Marseille, On 24 May 1966. After being spotted in the French league playing for Auxerre, Martigues, Marseille, Bordeaux, Montpellier, and Nimes this charismatic player and prolific goalscorer ended up playing in the Premiership. There he won four Premier League titles in five years, including two League and FA Cup Doubles.

Eric was behind our 21st Door. Yes he played for United, and he was French - but you cannot deny he was a brilliant footballer.

mrviht.jpg

Here's a clue for the 22nd..

Dec 22nd

Born in 1959 in Sheffield this player will be best known for playing with QPR, although he did score 21 goals for Latics seasons before. He played in France and Scotland too, where he managed.

Eric was behind our 21st Door. Yes he played for United, and he was French - but you cannot deny he was a brilliant footballer.

mrviht.jpg

Here's a clue for the 22nd..

Dec 22nd

Born in 1959 in Sheffield this player will be best known for playing with QPR, although he did score 21 goals for Latics seasons before. He played in France and Scotland too, where he managed.

The great Simon Stainrod (as my owd fella says)

After clearing the snow from my keyboard, today's player is "sexy" :blink: Simon Stainrod!

o_0

1kn47.jpg

On to tomorrows....

Dec 23rd

Latics Scouse connections continue with this man. Born in 1964 this player began his career at Rhyl - playing through his professional career he ammassed nearly 600 pro games, and nearly 120 goals - incredibly he played more for Latics than any of his previous clubs, however he was and still is held in high regard with all them. Such an exciting professional.

fcjn9i.jpg

Behind the 23rd door was one of my favourite Latics players, David Eyres. He could walk into our team now...

Now for the last one this Christmas, the 24th December door clue:

I first appeared at Boundary Park in 1971 for a fee of around £70,000. 37 years later I was still at BP, however the relationship with the club was no longer tenable and I was gone. Like Roger Palmer, many fans hope for my return - but it's all in the history books now. Who am I?