Why haven't we got centre back cover?

Why not just sign one at the start of the season?

Why wouldn't we have cover at CB? The fact this lack of cover has happened consistently over the last four or five years, through 5 managers and when we do have cover and a decent looking squad we allow players to leave on loan suggests the problem is being dictated by the actions of the non-footballing staff. We had a tiny squad when Stitch was in charge, but we always had cover...

The situation is ridiculous, time for people to realise that any budget we have for the team relies on a conveyor belt of cheap loanees to plug the gaps in the squad, meaning for the last four or five years we've had very little goalkeeping, central defensive or striking cover. We've even gone 3 years without an out and out left-back of our own until JJ arrived.

Competitive budget my arse! 4th Division budget, whilst charging Championship ST prices.

Enough of the bull:censored:, we were 'competitive' under Stitch, we ploughed along competitively in mid-table. What we want is ambition, the high-earners were binned in favour of cheap journeymen. The difference is clear for all to see...

Why wouldn't we have cover at CB? The fact this lack of cover has happened consistently over the last four or five years, through 5 managers and when we do have cover and a decent looking squad we allow players to leave on loan suggests the problem is being dictated by the actions of the non-footballing staff. We had a tiny squad when Stitch was in charge, but we always had cover...

The situation is ridiculous, time for people to realise that any budget we have for the team relies on a conveyor belt of cheap loanees to plug the gaps in the squad, meaning for the last four or five years we've had very little goalkeeping, central defensive or striking cover. We've even gone 3 years without an out and out left-back of our own until JJ arrived.

Competitive budget my arse! 4th Division budget, whilst charging Championship ST prices.

Enough of the bull:censored:, we were 'competitive' under Stitch, we ploughed along competitively in mid-table. What we want is ambition, the high-earners were binned in favour of cheap journeymen. The difference is clear for all to see...

But over the past three years we have had Stam to step in and cover the centre back spots. I know we have a small squad and little in the way of money but one player to cover both centre back positions and even offer some competition wouldn't go amiss.

You knew the season was onto a downer when Hazel was the best player they could put on the front of the season tickets.

But over the past three years we have had Stam to step in and cover the centre back spots. I know we have a small squad and little in the way of money but one player to cover both centre back positions and even offer some competition wouldn't go amiss.

You knew the season was onto a downer when Hazel was the best player they could put on the front of the season tickets.

I made the same 'tongue in cheek' comment when I picked my ST's up! Not laughing now are we? :ranting::disappointed: