The New Stadium

Barryowen

It would now seems that the SC response was more to do with the very real issue of actually being able to fund further development rather than the actual technicalities around actually doing it.

It will indeed be difficult to fund further development when all you plan to offer in the first place is third or fourth division football. It won't exactly bring 'em flocking down Broadway, let alone from all corners of north/east Manchester.

Awaits comments from the usual suspects as to why 12000 (or 10000) is sufficient, apparently oblivious to how, as ambition gutters and dies, crowds will only get smaller still.

Guess what Colchester's highest attendance was in their new stadium....

9,559 versus Leeds United in League One on 4 April 2009...

QUOTE (RoyleArmy @ Dec 2 2009, 00:48 AM)

Also please can you clear this up is dave penney job safe or not because i heard darren ferguson may come in because some (admittedly completely high as a kite) fans were talking about this at the leeds games

:pray:

Corrected you r post Royle.

Darren Ferguson, the well connected mans Brian Talbot. Anyoen could have got a team promoted with the money they spent. I grant you he did unearth some gems, but still big money spent. Something we have not got.

Edited by singe

QUOTE (RoyleArmy @ Dec 2 2009, 00:48 AM)

Also please can you clear this up is dave penney job safe or not because i heard darren ferguson may come in because some (admittedly completely high as a kite) fans were talking about this at the leeds games

Corrected you r post Royle.

Darren Ferguson, the well connected mans Brian Talbot. Anyoen could have got a team promoted with the money they spent. I grant you he did unearth some gems, but still big money spent. Something we have not got.

I'm not unaware of Ferguson's significant backing, but I'd take anyone over Boring Dave at the moment (who, incidentally, failed to get Donny promoted with similar backing).

At least we might get a few of Fergie's fledglings. I know it's not going to happen though. Besides, DF will be looking up not down.

It would now seems that the SC response was more to do with the very real issue of actually being able to fund further development rather than the actual technicalities around actually doing it.

The idea being pushed by some that you expand once your getting full houses is a tad unrealistic. You would need to secure capital from some outside source one would presume as the money from attendances will no doubt be going on players wages etc. Then you have to ask yourself how do you pay that money back...

So, you're suggesting that it would be hard to secure capital to expand on gates of 12k, but you think the club should expand to 16k on gates of 5k?

Go to a bank manager and tell him you've got some plans to lease out assets:-

Plan a) Buy 120 units, knowing you can lease 50

Plan B ) Buy 160 units, knowing you can lease 50

Then tell him you plan to expand in 5 years (ok, corp, eay tiger, it's just a model):-

In 5 years you expect to be able to lease 120-150 units on a regular basis; ask him if he thinks Plan B ) is a better option than Plan a), if Plan a) includes the potential to expand to 160 units at a later date.

Edited by real

So, you're suggesting that it would be hard to secure capital to expand on gates of 12k, but you think the club should expand to 16k on gates of 5k?

Then tell him you plan to expand in 5 years (ok, corp, eay tiger, it's just a model):-

In 5 years you expect to be able to lease 120-150 units on a regular basis; ask him if he thinks Plan B ) is a better option than Plan a), if Plan a) includes the potential to expand to 160 units at a later date.

:thinking2:

:applause1:

Furthermore, you could ask him for a 100% loan, or sell some assets with no use to either business model to part fund the scheme, or you could tell him you are going to leave them to fester unused and pay interest on your overdraft. He would think you really have your head screwed on and probably offer you a preferential rate.

I do not want to patronise anyone but this site has been responsible for some excellent points that have been raised in the past few months about the new stadium. As with anything that presents change a great deal of fear has become attached to the topic.

Next week is the ideal opportunity for fans to attend and speak about their ideas and concerns about the development. Let me say from the outset that the meeting with FRAG last night was not as provocative as suggested in the Oldham Chron.

Someone has mentioned about PR and the club has employed a consultancy company who will drive the process through each stage. You will have the opportunity to meet the lady who is fronting the effort for the club at next weeks meeting.

I have had initial talks with Richard Atwood and have yet to clear matters with the club, but I believe that it may be possible to set a link up for fans who live many miles away but who may wish to pose a question. Richards knows better than I do but it works something similiar to the Skype system.

Some of you have mentioned e mailing Alan Hardy about issues but I have to tell you that Alan will be unavailable for a while. In that case you can contact myself directly or through Richard if you have any pressing points or questions you want to raise.

The new development is the largest event many of us will ever witness at the club and I urge as many of you to attend as possible. You may not have any specific questions you want to ask but you will be able to gauge opinions on the night and have a far better insight into what is being planned.

The consultation process being adopted has many stages and fans will be given equal priority has these occur.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any individual concerns.

Regards

Barry

It's lip service, Barry. Nowt more.

I would suggest getting capital for anything right now is pretty dam hard...

Do you just say anything, regardless of what you've said before?

So, hard now, potentially easier in the future? Do you agree?

You seem to be accepting that the post I quoted was not logical, at least that's some progress.

Do you just say anything, regardless of what you've said before?

So, hard now, potentially easier in the future? Do you agree?

You seem to be accepting that the post I quoted was not logical, at least that's some progress.

Your not hear for discussion are you real...

Another for ignore list... BYE!!!

Your not hear for discussion are you real...

Another for ignore list... BYE!!!

I make a point, you respond by saying the opposite of what you started with? It's a discussion, but you don't seem able to keep up. That's not my problem. It's not as if this issue of capital rasing has not come up before, so I don't see why you're throwing your toys out of the pram. :huh: