How about this as a theory for Penney's Latics?

Every good team, during a season, has a bad run of 3 or 4 games.

Every bad team, during a season, has a couple of good runs of 3 or 4 games.

Latics took 9 points from a possible 9 against Southend, Carlisle and MK Dons. This adds to us taking only 12 points from another possible 48. Being nearly halfway through a season this strikes me as those 3 games being our good run of games thus meaning we're a bad team... and the results before those games included the injured lot and we still weren't picking up enough points. I think this shows that the return of our injured players as being the savoiurs of the season is unfounded, and ignore the hope of getting them all playing together regularly because it won't happen this season because injuries don't clear up at the drop of a hat. Plus football nowadays is a squad game and to quote Penney: "I'll have the squad in place by 29th June" - didn't he made his last signing on Thursday?

Onto his squad and signings...

9 permanent signings of which 5 were playing a level belowthis league last season, 3 were playing in League 1 but for arguably worse teams than us (and not regularly) and only 1 was playing to the same standard expected... and he's not made an appearence for us.

His loan signings... :censored: = very good

Blackman = not really done anything for me

Sheehan = presumably would have stayed if he'd wanted to?

Hills = meh

Flahavan = very good goalkeeper but, to me, underlines Penney's problem in viewing players. He's had to sack his own signing within 3 months because he got it wrong... who's to say he's not done that with the other 8?

Just a quick note on Heffernan too. He's not the solution to our goalscoring problem because you have to be creating chances to score.

My point here, really, is that the team's very poor and in a relegation fight and Penney's to blame for it with his idea of a "squad". And before I get the old resources argument back in my face... apart from Leeds, Charlton, Norwich and Huddersfield whose budget can't we compete with? And why wait before you're deep in the s**t before getting rid of the problem?

we are in deep trouble like it or not but in all fairness we cant judge pennys signings (fairly atleast) until they are fit and have played games

Abbott --Looks a very good signing

Worthington -- also looked promising befor his injury but penny has replaced him like for like with :censored:

Jacobson,Purdie,--cant be judged until fit

Holdsworth-- looks to be settling nicely time will tell

Colebeck--Awful

Parker-Useless T**T lazy doesnt run after anythin :censored:s out of tackles and headers complete :censored:bag

Brill--Low on confidence dont think he should have been here anyway as fleming is as good imo

:censored:--Class best player since abbott has been out will go onto better things

Blackman--Not done much for me

Hills--not enough match time own fault

Flahavan--Kept us in the game against leeds good shot stopper

Sheehan--Good going forward not great defending

also i feel gregan deserves acknowledgement was good against leeds and seems to be a regular good preformer

we are in deep trouble like it or not but in all fairness we cant judge pennys signings (fairly atleast) until they are fit and have played games

Abbott --Looks a very good signing

Worthington -- also looked promising befor his injury but penny has replaced him like for like with :censored:

Jacobson,Purdie,--cant be judged until fit

Holdsworth-- looks to be settling nicely time will tell

Colebeck--Awful

Parker-Useless T**T lazy doesnt run after anythin :censored:s out of tackles and headers complete :censored:bag

Brill--Low on confidence dont think he should have been here anyway as fleming is as good imo

:censored:--Class best player since abbott has been out will go onto better things

Blackman--Not done much for me

Hills--not enough match time own fault

Flahavan--Kept us in the game against leeds good shot stopper

Sheehan--Good going forward not great defending

also i feel gregan deserves acknowledgement was good against leeds and seems to be a regular good preformer

On percentages, that is as good as any manager can hope for.

Even Wengers squad are not cutting the mustard.....

Every good team, during a season, has a bad run of 3 or 4 games. who came up with this one?

Every bad team, during a season, has a couple of good runs of 3 or 4 games.or this one?

Hills = meh

Flahavan = very good goalkeeper but, to me, underlines Penney's problem in viewing players. He's had to sack his own signing within 3 months because he got it wrong... who's to say he's not done that with the other 8? ooh, nice work, "very good" signing, but that means DP is wrong. FFS you ontrary cretin.

Just a quick note on Heffernan too. He's not the solution to our goalscoring problem because you have to be creating chances to score.but most would say that with abbott out we need some strenght up front?

My point here, really, is that the team's very poor and in a relegation fight and Penney's to blame for it with his idea of a "squad". And before I get the old resources argument back in my face... apart from Leeds, Charlton, Norwich and Huddersfield whose budget can't we compete with? And why wait before you're deep in the s**t before getting rid of the problem? whatever your point is, you've not really made it very well; southampton?

Every good team, during a season, has a bad run of 3 or 4 games.

Every bad team, during a season, has a couple of good runs of 3 or 4 games.

Latics took 9 points from a possible 9 against Southend, Carlisle and MK Dons. This adds to us taking only 12 points from another possible 48. Being nearly halfway through a season this strikes me as those 3 games being our good run of games thus meaning we're a bad team... and the results before those games included the injured lot and we still weren't picking up enough points. I think this shows that the return of our injured players as being the savoiurs of the season is unfounded, and ignore the hope of getting them all playing together regularly because it won't happen this season because injuries don't clear up at the drop of a hat. Plus football nowadays is a squad game and to quote Penney: "I'll have the squad in place by 29th June" - didn't he made his last signing on Thursday?

Onto his squad and signings...

9 permanent signings of which 5 were playing a level belowthis league last season, 3 were playing in League 1 but for arguably worse teams than us (and not regularly) and only 1 was playing to the same standard expected... and he's not made an appearence for us.

Hills = meh

Flahavan = very good goalkeeper but, to me, underlines Penney's problem in viewing players. He's had to sack his own signing within 3 months because he got it wrong... who's to say he's not done that with the other 8?

Just a quick note on Heffernan too. He's not the solution to our goalscoring problem because you have to be creating chances to score.

My point here, really, is that the team's very poor and in a relegation fight and Penney's to blame for it with his idea of a "squad". And before I get the old resources argument back in my face... apart from Leeds, Charlton, Norwich and Huddersfield whose budget can't we compete with? And why wait before you're deep in the s**t before getting rid of the problem?

Don't you think the players must shoulder some of the blame too? Alex fergusson would struggle to make players out of some of this lot.

Yeah I agree with that and I hope he stays here too. But if not... :wink:

if he wont stay or cant stay then flemming should be recalled simple as..let brill build up his confidence in the reserves and being understudy for a while,then see where we are next season

Blackman's not done much? Won't do sat on the bench or playing left wing, he's striker!

As for Abbott being hailed as a good signing, is he not injured for weeks? Yes. Was he a crock and a known sicknote before we signed him? Yes

Still one of the best players at the club, links midfield and attacking up better than anyone else in the squad, first touch is quality

Still one of the best players at the club, links midfield and attacking up better than anyone else in the squad, first touch is quality

No one is doubting his ability just the fact that he is injury prone (which is why Huddersfield let him go) and he can't use his fantastic touch and hold up play if he's only using his first touch to show the physio where it hurts.

On the other signings:

Worthington - alright but never top half of league one material. (unwanted Huddersfield player)

Colbeck - shown a few flashes of what he can do. Fingers tightly crossed he might improve.

Parker - awful, please get rid of him (another unwanted Huddersfield player).

Black - Looked good at the start of the season, not really been given a chance since

:censored: - Class, DP's saving grace.

Holdsworth - very average (Unwanted Huddersfield Player)

Jacobson - not seen anything really of him and can only live in hope.

Brill - terrible signing.

The Heff - please, please, please have a shot on target!

No one is doubting his ability just the fact that he is injury prone (which is why Huddersfield let him go) and he can't use his fantastic touch and hold up play if he's only using his first touch to show the physio where it hurts.

On the other signings:

Worthington - alright but never top half of league one material. (unwanted Huddersfield player)

Colbeck - shown a few flashes of what he can do. Fingers tightly crossed he might improve.

Parker - awful, please get rid of him (another unwanted Huddersfield player).

Black - Looked good at the start of the season, not really been given a chance since

:censored: - Class, DP's saving grace.

Holdsworth - very average (Unwanted Huddersfield Player)

Jacobson - not seen anything really of him and can only live in hope.

Brill - terrible signing.

The Heff - please, please, please have a shot on target!

black is a ours ... a yoof

trying to work out who u mean ...