if penney was sacked

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take it a step further.

This will be the low point of the season. We won't go in to the bottom 4 at any stage!

I usually agree with most of your posts o4u but as much as I hate to say it...I can see us in a huge relegation scrap and I wouldn't be suprised at all if we lost the fight. Even with our strongest players out, we are still a very poor side and attendances are dropping every bloody game! Our fans won't stick with us in a relegation fight either, attendances of less than 2,500 wouldn't suprise me atm.

Just for starters, i do not want him to be sacked or leave but

who would you replace him with?

I will reword that, given the budget we have available, if he went (which he won't) who would you bring in who

1) would want the job and

2) who would do a better job

Narrows down the list considerably

I usually agree with most of your posts o4u but as much as I hate to say it...I can see us in a huge relegation scrap and I wouldn't be suprised at all if we lost the fight. Even with our strongest players out, we are still a very poor side and attendances are dropping every bloody game! Our fans won't stick with us in a relegation fight either, attendances of less than 2,500 wouldn't suprise me atm.

:grin:

I'll compromise and remove reference to play-off finals from my signature next week!

Yeah - Gannon was a very good candidate in summer

Keith Hill - would definately have him, but if i was him i'd rather stay at rochdale and get them up!

What?

I'm an Oldham fan, not a Dale fan. If Keith Hill joining Oldham meant relegation for Rochdale.....well, tough luck for them.

I don't mind Rochdale doing well. I'd like them to come up but I'd never give them anything at the expense of Oldham.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

What?

I'm an Oldham fan, not a Dale fan. If Keith Hill joining Oldham meant relegation for Rochdale.....well, tough luck for them.

I don't mind Rochdale doing well. I'd like them to come up but I'd never give them anything at the expense of Oldham.

if i was him (not being an oldham fan)

but yes - i'd love him to be our manager but i like penney

Keith Hill and his assistant. Proven himself ten fold with a club on a budget similar to ours respective to their level of football.

Hill was appointed into 2006.

In 2006/07 they finished 9th

07/08 - 5th

08/09 - 6th

He has had time at Dale, much, much more than less than half a season and during Hill's reign there have been points where people have called for his head.

I would like to see what would happen if we were to give Penney the same amount of time. I'm sick of chopping and changing, it hasn't gotten us anywhere, we need to suck up the defeats and enjoy the wins when they come. Rome wasn't built in a day, it certainly wasn't built before bloody Christmas.