Marketing phone calls

One of our mates is a Villa fan. He didn't renew his Season Ticket before the deadline for early bird discount. Villa phoned him up, told him that his support was appreciated and valued by the club and the players and asked if he wouldn't mind telling them why he hadn't renewed.

He explained that living in Milnrow, he cant make it to ALL home matches, and now that the there are no trains from Milnrow, it just makes it that bit harder still. He was still planning on making as many matches as he could on a pay on the gate basis though.

They thanked him for his support and valuable feedback, offered him a small discount and a free home shirt, and he gladly renewed his Season Ticket.

The moral of this story = (especially in troubled economic times) treat your existing customers with dignity and respect, listen to what they tell you - and they are more likely to stay loyal and stick by you.

Well Done Latics. :)

One of our mates is a Villa fan. He didn't renew his Season Ticket before the deadline for early bird discount. Villa phoned him up, told him that his support was appreciated and valued by the club and the players and asked if he wouldn't mind telling them why he hadn't renewed.

He explained that living in Milnrow, he cant make it to ALL home matches, and now that the there are no trains from Milnrow, it just makes it that bit harder still. He was still planning on making as many matches as he could on a pay on the gate basis though.

They thanked him for his support and valuable feedback, offered him a small discount and a free home shirt, and he gladly renewed his Season Ticket.

The moral of this story = (especially in troubled economic times) treat your existing customers with dignity and respect, listen to what they tell you - and they are more likely to stay loyal and stick by you.

Well Done Latics. :)

a perfect example of how it should have been done...well done villa!

Really hope that it is not too little too late

To be fair, it's never too little too late, as long as something is done. Any business should know as much as they possibly can about their customers, and it seems Latics are now picking up on to that which will be better in the long run.

Just a shame the product on the pitch is at an all time low really, but that will change.

I mentioned once about the lack of marketing outside Oldham, but I got back to Glossop on Friday opened the local paper at the back pages to see a big Latics advertisment, I'm guessing it's in the Tameside Advertiser aswell as they are practically the same paper

marketing in glossop is a pointless idea. there aren't enough people.

Yes...definitely 01928...

As well talking about season ticket and hospitality, they asked for my email address which is exactly the sort of thing Latics should have been asking for for years....

They rang me yesterday but I was in a lecture

marketing in glossop is a pointless idea. there aren't enough people.

The Glossop Advertiser and the Tameside Advertiser are run by the same company and are basically the same paper and there are about 250,000 people in Tameside, plus 50,000 people who live in the Glossop area and bearing in mind that the Advertiser is a compulsary paper thats a potential market of 300,000 people, who all live outside Oldham but close enough