Individual club TV rights?

Was chatting to my flatmate about this at the weekend. Would you subscribe to a Latics channel, which showed our first team/reserve and youth matches?

Would you still attend home matches if you could? I sometimes think this could be a good way for clubs like ours to increase their income rather than having to take a cut of the overall TV deal.

I think the argument against it is often that fans would no longer turn up to the games, I am sure there is some truth in this, however I personally would still much rather attend the matches in person. Maybe the channel could only show away games for the first team. Something I would certainly subscribe to as I cannot afford to go to them at the moment.

It's a bad idea. I don't usually let the rain or cold stop me attending, but if I had the option to watch it on TV rather than go out and get cold and wet, especially if we're on bad form; I don't think I'd have the discipline to not watch it on TV.

What if it just showed away matches?

Was chatting to my flatmate about this at the weekend. Would you subscribe to a Latics channel, which showed our first team/reserve and youth matches?

Yes...

Would you still attend home matches if you could?

If I am honest.... Probably not... Not at the moment anyway... Higher League ? I would attended then...

If it was an away game, wouldn't the televised 'rights' be held by the other club?

Hmm interesting, unless all clubs showed away games as to minimize the effects on their home crowds.

I could see this getting very messy!

Edited by wozz_oafc

This could be something that may actually happen in the future. Completed the football league fan survey the other day and it had a few questions upon this topic, i think the main one was 'if your club had a subscription service for a live tv feed of away matches would you buy it?' also how much i thought was fair to pay, split into two questions, what i thought was too high to pay and what was to low. Also asked if it would stop me from attending away games.

Would not work for the simple fact the FA has that 3pm rule and i suppose each club will want to alternate kicks off to draw there own viewers.

True but it doesnt stop the Premiership teams and if it injected more cash into the lower leagues it may help clubs survive and prosper

Would you still attend home matches if you could? I sometimes think this could be a good way for clubs like ours to increase their income rather than having to take a cut of the overall TV deal.

I think the argument against it is often that fans would no longer turn up to the games, I am sure there is some truth in this, however I personally would still much rather attend the matches in person. Maybe the channel could only show away games for the first team. Something I would certainly subscribe to as I cannot afford to go to them at the moment.

This is what EUFA are trying to impose on the Prem. They don't like the fact that Sky has nearly all the rights. I think it's a teriible idea. If we had OAFC TV covering all games live we would be lucky to get a crowd of 1000. You would be watching a match totally without atmosphere.

Yes...

If I am honest.... Probably not... Not at the moment anyway... Higher League ? I would attended then...

The question was ' Would you still attend. You don't go anyway so that question wasn't really applicable to you.

I would still subscribe and would still attend games. May put me off bothering going to a few aways.