Rochdale Watch...

Seems like they've got a Porter-esque situation on there hands.

Top goalscorer Dagnall out of contract at the end of the season, hasn't signed a new deal yet and teams interested in signing him, Norwich and Peterborough for a reported fee of 150k!

http://forces2canaries.co.uk/hurrah/2009/1...chdale-striker/

It's a shame we're skint, we could do with a goalscorer going as cheap as this!

They also sold Adam Le Fondre to Rovrum for £150k at the start of the season, he's scored 15 times for them and Peterborough are interested in him with a figure of 800k touted about! :lol:

Rochdale just can't cut a break can they?

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Dagnall, Buckley and Tom Kennedy are all out of contract in the summer.

Daggers has already stated a desire to play at a higher standard, whether it be with 'dale or not.

Buckley cant even get in the team most weeks when he's fit.

TK doesnt look like he'll leave in the summer and will more than likely sign a new contract in the near future.

Dale have already said they need to sell one of the three as all of them will warrant a six figure sum.

£150k though for Dagnall?? I'd think it'd be pushed up a bit more than that for the sole reason Tranmere have a 20% sell on clause on him.

Hilly's already said this was to be expected but he's already got potential targets in mind for whomever it is. Most likely Dagnall given his recent scoring exploits. Whoever it is - will see some of the money being spent on a player(s) coming in to replace them.

Given 'dale are top of the league though - both Dunphy and Hill have said they're reluctant to let any of them go on the cheap and it could easily be a case of bumping up their prices and keeping them till the summer in the hope of going up.

Dunphy said at the start of the season, something about needing to average 3,300 for the club to be making a profit. It was barely 3,000 on saturday against Macclesfield (200 or so Macc) - This will rise in the coming weeks though as theirs a bit of a buzz starting to gain about the club around the town once again. I know loads of lads who've not been to games other than the playoffs who are thinking of making the trip to Spotland in the near future.

Though they're not in as much rush to sell as they would of been had the Luton and Bury away (February) not been chosen for TV coverage.

Anyway, who cares. 7 points clear of 4th. Is it May yet??

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Dagnall, Buckley and Tom Kennedy are all out of contract in the summer.

Daggers has already stated a desire to play at a higher standard, whether it be with 'dale or not.

Buckley cant even get in the team most weeks when he's fit.

TK doesnt look like he'll leave in the summer and will more than likely sign a new contract in the near future.

Dale have already said they need to sell one of the three as all of them will warrant a six figure sum.

£150k though for Dagnall?? I'd think it'd be pushed up a bit more than that for the sole reason Tranmere have a 20% sell on clause on him.

Hilly's already said this was to be expected but he's already got potential targets in mind for whomever it is. Most likely Dagnall given his recent scoring exploits. Whoever it is - will see some of the money being spent on a player(s) coming in to replace them.

Given 'dale are top of the league though - both Dunphy and Hill have said they're reluctant to let any of them go on the cheap and it could easily be a case of bumping up their prices and keeping them till the summer in the hope of going up.

Dunphy said at the start of the season, something about needing to average 3,300 for the club to be making a profit. It was barely 3,000 on saturday against Macclesfield (200 or so Macc) - This will rise in the coming weeks though as theirs a bit of a buzz starting to gain about the club around the town once again. I know loads of lads who've not been to games other than the playoffs who are thinking of making the trip to Spotland in the near future.

Though they're not in as much rush to sell as they would of been had the Luton and Bury away (February) not been chosen for TV coverage.

Anyway, who cares. 7 points clear of 4th. Is it May yet??

I detect 'small' movements in loyalty mr Rocky!!! :wink:

Flange is beginning to influence your thinking i believe...

I detect 'small' movements in loyalty mr Rocky!!! :wink:

Flange is beginning to influence your thinking i believe...

:lol: My loyalties always been the same as it ever has.

http://www.rochdaleobserver.co.uk/sport/fo...amble_says_hill

Also a bit that Rochdale will be talking to Latics about O'Grady in the near future trying to sort out a deal.

Only team in league 2 to play today and what a win against a side expected to do pretty well themselves. Not to mention the fact that 3rd were supposed to be playing 4th today so at least one of the two would of been dropping points. :wink:

Goals at 'dale come from all over. Centre half scoring two says it all.

Come on Dunphy. Try your best to keep this side Hilly has built on the last three years and finally give this town something to cheer.

One reason dale score alot of goals though - shots on goal today - 22. *18 on target.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Only team in league 2 to play today and what a win against a side expected to do pretty well themselves. Not to mention the fact that 3rd were supposed to be playing 4th today so at least one of the two would of been dropping points. :wink:

Come on Dunphy. Try your best to keep this side Hilly has built on the last three years and finally give this town something to cheer.

One reason dale score alot of goals though - shots on goal today - 22. *18 on target.

yawwwwwwwwn,who gives a :censored:.

I dont think I've seen 18 shots from our lot this season, never mind on target.

Edited by Butter

• 1 month later...

They've sold Will Buckley to Watford:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5886824,00.html

I know most Dale fans think he's the best player they could have sold, or the least worse. He hasn't even been playing regularly for them so to cash in on him rather than Dawson or Dagnall is easily the best move. Now they've got their money, they've already got that Will Atkinson on loan to replace him they can concentrate now of using the squad they have to continue what they're doing.

They've sold Will Buckley to Watford:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5886824,00.html

I know most Dale fans think he's the best player they could have sold, or the least worse. He hasn't even been playing regularly for them so to cash in on him rather than Dawson or Dagnall is easily the best move. Now they've got their money, they've already got that Will Atkinson on loan to replace him they can concentrate now of using the squad they have to continue what they're doing.

Buckley has been injured. He was supposed to be in the starting line up on saturday but was switched at the last minute for the new lad they've got from Blackburn on loan because Buckley "injured" himself in the warm up. He impressed. Ran rings and even hit the post before setting up one of O'Grady's goals.

Supposed to have been a decent fee for Buckley too with a few sell on clauses.

Best player 'dale could of sold for big money. Doors firmly shut now and hopefully this will allow the club to tie up the likes of Dagnall, Kennedy, etc.

Dale took 600 down to Cheltenham on saturday.

Derby Day tomorrow. Live on Sky Sports 1 from half 7.

Dale have managed to get Will Atkinson back on loan from Hull till March. Frank Fielding who was the on loan keeper last season is back again for the season as Heaton is/has signed for Forest.

Dunphy (dale's chairman) has said no player will be sold now that Buckley has gone.

• 1 month later...
I believe that you have just seen COG score dales 4th against the team run by a football genius Rocky :lol:

I also saw O'Grady set up the 1st and be named Man of the match (by a country mile in my eyes)

Was great seeing Ronnie stood there, arms folded looking upset. 400 rotherham fans. I think there was about twenty of them left by the time the 4th hit the back of the net. Suggests how much hope they have in Ronald's plan B.

To be honest. Rotherham started the brighter. Chances either side before great work from O'Grady and a cross set up dagnall with an easy chance. Dawson had a header a minute later that was brilliantly saved. Then Rotherham came back into it. Not as much hoofing as you'd expect from a Moore side. Few good chances there way and 'dale quite lucky to go in 1 nil at the break. Same carried on at the start of the 2nd. Rotherham having the better of the play. Dale scored and from there it was all one way traffic as 'dale turned on the style and played them off the park. Could of ended up very embarrassing for Ronnie and his side as 'dale had some superb chances. There was one moment in the game after the 3rd had gone in were dale must have strung about 30 passes together without a Rotherham player getting a touch.

Only cost me a fiver as well. :grin:

Glory Hunter! :wink:

:grin:

This is just making up for all the times my uncle dragged me as a 6 year old to watch them get beat at home to Scarboro and the like infront of 1,400 :lol:

Ronnie didnt seem happy when the attendance was announced. Then again, it was followed with the words "Thank you for your support tonight here at Spotland as Rochdale FC have footballed to death yet another team." :lol::lol:

13 games left.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Big-Bus--24770.jpg

Lincoln City FC

12 games left. Not a bad result considering they came for a point. Enough chances to win the game as dale dominated another team. Would of loved to have been at Rotherham to see them score, then concede less than a minute later. :lol: That's why your staying down Ronnie. :grin: Bury starting to slip up. Another game were they havent scored.

Massive win for 'dale. Only Rotherham won. Chesterfield and Bury got spanked.

9 clear of Bournemouth with same games played and a superior goal difference.

11 clear of Bury with 1 game less played and a superior goal difference.

12 clear of Notts County with 3 games more played and a similar goal difference.

12 clear of Chesterfield with 1 game less played and a superior goal difference.

13 clear of Rotherham with 1 more game played and a superior goal difference.

17 clear of Northampton with 1 game less played and a superior goal difference.

11 games left. 33 points to play for. Minimum finish of 17th.

Next 5 games

Accy Stanley away

Grimsby home

Chesterfield away

Bournemouth home

Torquay away

Massive win for 'dale. Only Rotherham won. Chesterfield and Bury got spanked.

9 clear of Bournemouth with same games played and a superior goal difference.

11 clear of Bury with 1 game less played and a superior goal difference.

12 clear of Notts County with 3 games more played and a similar goal difference.

12 clear of Chesterfield with 1 game less played and a superior goal difference.

13 clear of Rotherham with 1 more game played and a superior goal difference.

17 clear of Northampton with 1 game less played and a superior goal difference.

11 games left. 33 points to play for. Minimum finish of 17th.

Next 5 games

Accy Stanley away

Grimsby home

Chesterfield away

Bournemouth home

Torquay away

why not go on a rochdale fan forum,maybe then someone would give a toss how rochdale are doing or who they have to play,me i'am more interested in latics staying up at the moment.

Edited by yarddogs