It's a shame you couldn't go tonight.....

In what way is attending a meeting and getting the answers you want to hear helping or 'effecting change'? What good does 'getting your point across to the right people' do when all decisions are out of your hands?

I'm not interested in pretending to be involved in running the club. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I support the cub by turning up to home games. That's all I'm interested in. I expect those the club employs to occupy themselves in 'effecting change' etc. I don't want to talk to club owners, whoever they may be-I want some dynamism, a return to the Championship and a good go at the top six. Apparently, this is now a utopian ideal. So be it.

I'm not interested in seeing any figures. I understand perfectly well the reasoning behind the downscaling of the club. I don't think TTA are evil schemers. I just don't relish the thought of season after season at this level or below, without the dream of something much better to look forward to (which has to be more than just the promise of a hopeless relegation year back in the second tier, folowed by another round of cutbacks and yet more inferior football.) Maybe I'm wrong, but after twenty-five years in the top two divisions, and the 'glory years,' I can't bring myself to get excited, or even interested enough in what's now on offer. Current attendances suggest I'm not on my own.

So what good does repeating the same message over and over again on here do?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think TTA lack ambition, by the way, but when it comes to the football club I fail to see how they now take a different approach to the 'not for the likes of us,' one with which we're already too familiar.

To quote you on another thread today...

Get off your high horse and come into the real world.

Anybody can say anything and then find valid reasons for having to go back on their word at a later date. Changing circumstances etc etc.

Some of you are such innocent, credulous creatures. Incapable of learning, it seems.

At least be consistant with it. <_<

None. I'm not pretending to do good.

It's as valid an opinion as any other, however, particularly when I've predicted much of what's already come to pass and will continue to do so.

Watch this space.

Ok I'll phrase that another way, what purpose does posting the same opinion over and over again serve?

We do get how you feel about the state of the club, and as I say much of it is very valid.

Ok I'll phrase that another way, what purpose does posting the same opinion over and over again serve?

We do get how you feel about the state of the club, and as I say much of it is very valid.

I'm not trying to serve a purpose. What purpose is there in trying a thousand and one ways to see the bright side when there clearly is no bright side?

In what way is attending a meeting and getting the answers you want to hear helping or 'effecting change'? What good does 'getting your point across to the right people' do when all decisions are out of your hands?

I'm not interested in pretending to be involved in running the club. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I support the cub by turning up to home games. That's all I'm interested in. I expect those the club employs to occupy themselves in 'effecting change' etc. I don't want to talk to club owners, whoever they may be-I want some dynamism, a return to the Championship and a good go at the top six. Apparently, this is now a utopian ideal. So be it.

I'm not interested in seeing any figures. I understand perfectly well the reasoning behind the downscaling of the club. I don't think TTA are evil schemers. I just don't relish the thought of season after season at this level or below, without the dream of something much better to look forward to (which has to be more than just the promise of a hopeless relegation year back in the second tier, folowed by another round of cutbacks and yet more inferior football.) Maybe I'm wrong, but after twenty-five years in the top two divisions, and the 'glory years,' I can't bring myself to get excited, or even interested enough in what's now on offer. Current attendances suggest I'm not on my own.

[/quot

Why then offer your opinion if that is what you think ... seems to me that is exactly what you do on here all the time

I was chatting to a United supporting mate in the back of a cab a few weeks ago (and he's a proper footy fan to be fair to him, goes home and away, Europe, used to watch Latics occasionally etc) and pointed out the proposed site. Firstly he commended the intention, then he raised an eyebrow at the location, then he said "So what's the capacity to be? 20,000?". I sheepishly muttered 12,000. His response? :goggle:

I'd be so much happier if it could be just 25% more - 15,000. For me, the expense would be worth the better perception, status and subsequent prospects, not to mention the additional revenue it could eventually generate. These benefits would also make the club more saleable to potential buyers, particularly ones with a degree of, wait for it, ambition.

I don't think it's any lack of ambition that's the problem....... it's the money.

I'm not bothered about being mocked by United and City fans. I am more irked by being talked down to by fans of the likes of Burnley, Preston, Bolton-and even Blackpool now.

yeah know what you mean,they are all minnows of the football world with no history at all.

Im surprised someone didnt really push them on this issue, as even Simon Corney addmitted, that the food service is crap (probably that most the time there isnt any). Makes you wonder that even if one of the club's owners know of the food issues that they cant do anything about it due to the contract with the companys providing the services.

tta have personally made sure that all the players and staff have at least 2 square meals each day at the clubs expense........

so they are clued up i`m sure.

Then they got people involved with extremely deep pockets

Initially at least, Bolton did it largely under their own steam and then benfited from the TV money and parachute payments, and I've never heard that Burnley or Preston have unusually rich investors. Our mistake was to fail to cling on to where all the TV money was. We will never recover from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When we we're in the PL they were all some way below us in dilapidated grounds.

What's history got to do with it? What 'history' have Wigan or Hull got?

Yeah but we aren't are we and historically we haven't been a top tier club.

You can constantly spout your clap trap about how X Y and Z is turning our club into a laughing stock but to date you have not come up with one intelligent suggestion as to how to arrest the continued decline.

I don't give a stuff if it isn't your job to do this but you seem no better than anybody else however you type you gibberish from up in your ivory tower and offer no constructive solutions whatsoever. I can come on here all day saying that a 12000 seater capacity stadium is not going to see us compete and how teams which in theory should be performing to a lesser extent than ourselves are laughing at us like you do. I fail to see how you can regurgitate the same sentiments without one jot of input as to how we can better our position and be so pious about the matter.

Come on Corp what can YOU do for Latics other than comment that the actions of others are inadequate. Anybody can consistantly poo poo actions but it takes a real person to put something positive forward.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, I am far from a happy clapper and do not like what I see is happening at the club but at least I'm not repeatedly banging the same tired old drum!

Yeah but we aren't are we and historically we haven't been a top tier club.

You can constantly spout your clap trap about how X Y and Z is turning our club into a laughing stock but to date you have not come up with one intelligent suggestion as to how to arrest the continued decline.

I don't give a stuff if it isn't your job to do this but you seem no better than anybody else however you type you gibberish from up in your ivory tower and offer no constructive solutions whatsoever. I can come on here all day saying that a 12000 seater capacity stadium is not going to see us compete and how teams which in theory should be performing to a lesser extent than ourselves are laughing at us like you do. I fail to see how you can regurgitate the same sentiments without one jot of input as to how we can better our position and be so pious about the matter.

Come on Corp what can YOU do for Latics other than comment that the actions of others are inadequate. Anybody can consistantly poo poo actions but it takes a real person to put something positive forward.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, I am far from a happy clapper and do not like what I see is happening at the club but at least I'm not repeatedly banging the same tired old drum!

What has not being a top tier club historically got to do with whether we failed to capitalise on our unique opportunity when it came?

I'm as real as anybody else, and I've said until I'm blue in the face that I don't believe there is a way to arrest the decline (people accuse me of repeating myself, but it generally isn't my fault.) That's why the decline is being made permanent in a little lower division ground. The club has decided that the stagnation is so well established that it no longer has the ability to revive and prosper. All it can do is set the decline in stone and paint it as something else. I have poo-pooed the actions of nobody, but just because they've attended a meeting and asked questions it doesn't mean that I have to pretend that I believe it will make any difference to the outcome of all this. I attend matches. What exactly do you suggest I should be doing for Latics?

You and others who berate me, are, in actual fact banging the same drum as much as I do. You're just too self-righteous to notice.

I'm not in an ivory tower, by the way. I'm sitting in front of a laptop like most others on here, I suspect.

Read your third paragraph and accuse me of gibberish again.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Im surprised someone didnt really push them on this issue, as even Simon Corney addmitted, that the food service is crap (probably that most the time there isnt any). Makes you wonder that even if one of the club's owners know of the food issues that they cant do anything about it due to the contract with the companys providing the services.

Perhaps all the pies are going to the players for breakfast and lunch. :wink: