stadium design

Rochdale may well have a 10k capacity now, but I predict that if they manage to maintain their current momentum and see the need to move they will announce plans for a new stadium that is BIGGER than Spotland, as opposed to us planning a smaller one.

but isnt that all conjecture or something...i mean if we recall ogrady and they have to sell because they have little or no investment so dagnall and kennedy go,add a couple of injuries in the mix and they start to lose a few games and slide down the table,then there back to square one.....surely.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rochdale may well have a 10k capacity now, but I predict that if they manage to maintain their current momentum and see the need to move they will announce plans for a new stadium that is BIGGER than Spotland, as opposed to us planning a smaller one.

If rumours are to be believed, they will sell Daggers in the transfer window. How will they finance a stadium if they can't even hold on to a League 1 player at the very best?

but isnt that all conjecture or something...i mean if we recall ogrady and they have to sell because they have little or no investment so dagnall and kennedy go,add a couple of injuries in the mix and they start to lose a few games and slide down the table,then there back to square one.....surely.

True, but that too is purely conjecture. I'm sure Rochdale's momentum over the past few seasons (aided by their apparent ability to find a decent new striker every season) will see them promoted before long.

and if my aunty had balls she would be my uncle...

QUOTE (singe @ Dec 22 2009, 15:05 PM)

I'd love to know how you can prove that. Of course, it is merely you're opinion.

Should you not be working on the 2010 book, Nostradamus?

I am sure there are 10,000 disaffected Tics saying to themsleves " I think Latics main concern is to merely survive at the current level or below, so I am not going." My supposition is that more pressing matters weigh far more heavily:

a) Poor performance on the pitch

3 sided ground

c) League position

d) Christmas

e) The economy

Not neccesarily inv that order.

And you seem to be following The Idiot Diet lately, as well.

Wow, Corp. That's it, you're eloquent counter argument has persauded me of the error of my ways.

The end is nigh.

We're doomed.

TTA go build a megalith or go home.

They are top of the league and 7 points clear, they've scored more goals than any other team, last 6 games Played 6 won 6 goals scored 17 goals conceded 3.....last Saturdays crowd and the only game in the division that survived the weather? .....2596!!!!

I don't think they will ever need more than 10,000 seats no matter how succesful!!!!

QUOTE (singe @ Dec 22 2009, 15:05 PM)

I'd love to know how you can prove that. Of course, it is merely you're opinion.

Should you not be working on the 2010 book, Nostradamus?

I am sure there are 10,000 disaffected Tics saying to themsleves " I think Latics main concern is to merely survive at the current level or below, so I am not going." My supposition is that more pressing matters weigh far more heavily:

a) Poor performance on the pitch

3 sided ground

c) League position

d) Christmas

e) The economy

Not neccesarily inv that order.

Wow, Corp. That's it, you're eloquent counter argument has persauded me of the error of my ways.

The end is nigh.

We're doomed.

TTA go build a megalith or go home.

Who's asked for a megalith, whatever one of them is?

You'll see, Noddy.

They are top of the league and 7 points clear, they've scored more goals than any other team, last 6 games Played 6 won 6 goals scored 17 goals conceded 3.....last Saturdays crowd and the only game in the division that survived the weather? .....2596!!!!

I don't think they will ever need more than 10,000 seats no matter how succesful!!!!

For the record, all I mean about Rochdale leaving us behind is that they seem set to go up while we seem to stand a great chance of finally slipping into the basement. Not that difficult to understand, eh boys and girls?

And our recent record of relegations would seem to suggest that we won't be back in a hurry. So if Rochdale stay up...hey presto!

For the record, all I mean about Rochdale leaving us behind is that they seem set to go up while we seem to stand a great chance of finally slipping into the basement. Not that difficult to understand, eh boys and girls?

And our recent record of relegations would seem to suggest that we won't be back in a hurry. So if Rochdale stay up...hey presto!

trouble is though we are midtable.with an injury list that can only get better..key players to return etc etc so i dont think relegation is an option this season corp...sorry to piss on your parade an all that

trouble is though we are midtable.with an injury list that can only get better..key players to return etc etc so i dont think relegation is an option this season corp...sorry to piss on your parade an all that

You are on a roll today aren't you :lol:

Do you really think CJ wants his predictions to become reality ? please...

Tries not to say anything like "Don't worry, we're used to it." Fails. :huh:

Er, because if we build the white elephant, er, I mean Failsworth stadium and then everyone decides it was a bad idea, we'll be :censored: stuck with it. :blink:

And it won't be much consolation to come back here having watched Latics lose to Stalybridge in front of 1,500 and see the Corp and many others saying "we told you so".

I think no matter what it will be better than what we have now,

even if there could of been a better idea, either way we will be better off than staying inside a 3 side crumbling stadium held together by chewing gum and fag stumps,

and we should build a 16000 seater stadium so that all 5000 that will go can get 3 seats each!

and as for 1500 against stalybridge, arent we getting that amount now?

The thing is, all those snipers having a pop about the likely failure of the new stadium, not one has come up with an alternative plan. That will work.

Adn it never will.

Becasue there will always be those that cannot see past pitfalls rather than they chance and to give it a realy give it a good go.

Better to have tried and failed than go out with a whimper.