Orient fan here

Hello there.

Im coming up for our game against you on January the 9th on the train from London.

Will be arriving at Manchester Piccadilly at around 2pm and was wondering how I would get to your ground from there?

Also as it is January, is there a chance of the match being called off or do you have a decent pitch?

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Hello there.

Im coming up for our game against you on January the 9th on the train from London.

Will be arriving at Manchester Piccadilly at around 2pm and was wondering how I would get to your ground from there?

Also as it is January, is there a chance of the match being called off or do you have a decent pitch?

How do. You want to get a 24, 181 or 181 bus from stand F a few minutes walk from the station, drops you a few minutes from the ground. You should be OK for kick off so long as you get in on time and don't hang around.

Pitch is good although we have had the odd match called off in recent years when the sun isn't reaching corners of it.

Hello there.

I would aim to get into piccadily for 1 or 1.30pm latest. Otherwise, you will be rushing to arrive before kick-off!

Er the best way of getting from any station to somewhere outside walking distance is a taxi. However, it isn't the cheapest- but considering Manchester has some of the more expensive forms of public transport in the world if there are more than 3 of you it is probably the better bet. As I can't see it being more than a £5 each (so about £20 in total) and considering the bus is going to be a roughly £4 per adult (although you do get a return for that price) it might be worth it- especially as the other posters have alluded to getting in to Picadilly at 2pm is cutting it a bit fine and may not look all that good according to the timetable.

If you get to piccadilly by 2pm you can make it for a 3pm kick off by bus but you will be cutting it fine. Go to Lever Street and get 181,182 or 24 to Rochdale which take you within 5 minutes of the ground. It takes 10 mins to walk from the station to Lever Street and there should be a bus around 20 past.

Otherwise get a taxi if there is a few of you it should cost similar amount in black cab as the bus. Id run the meter or they may rip you off. Sometimes they say its too far for the meter but thats bull:censored: I think to get you to pay more.

You can also get regular buses from Oldham Street parallel to Lever Street to Oldham bus station and jump on another bus or get a short taxi ride to the ground.

How about getting a tram from Man pic too Man victora then get a train to oldham or mills hill then get a bus, but gettin a train into manchester at 2pm is cutting it fine with the trains as they are and the buses.

No trains run to Mumps anymore mate Mills Hills bit of a trek best bet bus number 181,182 or 24.

ignore all the bus talk mate, get a taxi, straight up oldham/manchester road you will be fine... ifs theres 4 of you guys its going to cost a £5 max each

Then getting back to the station its another £5 each. So a tenner then (based on 4 sharing). Bus day saver costs £3.50 each all in.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Then getting back to the station its another £5 each. So a tenner then (based on 4 sharing). Bus day saver costs £3.50 each all in.

picture yourself in a place you dont know waiting for a bus you would think sod this lets just get there instaed of messing around i know what i would do... but then again i know where your coming from in your post so i think he knows his options now let him just decide what he wants to do.... but please let us know which way you get up here :grin:

No trains run to Mumps anymore mate Mills Hills bit of a trek best bet bus number 181,182 or 24.

Just for the Orietn fan, in case you think why have they closed the station in OLdham, it is so that they can build the metrolink tram line there. The one you see in Coronation sTreet!

There will only be two of us so getting a taxi isnt really worth it.

I've already got the trains booked and they arrive at 10 to 2 so I cant really change that now.

Will it really take more than an hour on the bus from Manchester?

If you google "GMPTE Journey Planner" then you can find out the exact times of busess. The site's overloaded with weather problems at this precise moment but when you go on later you basically want to get to Royal Oldham Hospital which is next to Boundary Park.

Linky to FirstBus

24 runs from Piccadilly bus station stand F at 14:06 (not sure of the route myself, but should take around 35 mins)

Edited by opinions4u

I've already got the trains booked and they arrive at 10 to 2 so I cant really change that now.

takes a maximum of 35-45 mins i'd say..but you never know what could happen.

buy a day saver bus ticket £4(first bus only) or £4.30(any bus company)

taxi will cost about £20 one way!

takes a maximum of 35-45 mins i'd say..but you never know what could happen.

buy a day saver bus ticket £4(first bus only) or £4.30(any bus company)

taxi will cost about £20 one way!

The family ticket is better - £7. You both have to travel together which I presume isn't a problem!

10 to 2 you say! Well I estimate the bus ride takes 40mins. So from getting off the train you have 30mins to find lever street (takes 10mins if you know where your going) and hope there is a bus running (whichI think there is).

Good luck but I think you'll be fine if the bus is on time and you don't hang round.

Edited by laticsmad

Just had a quick scan for you and it looks like the bus times from where you would catch them are: 24 - 14:06 pm, 181/182 - 15:57pm, 16:12pm. There are other times obviously, but they would either be too early for when you get in, or they be too late and you'd miss the start of the game. Id say try for a bus then get a taxi if its any later than the latest time. After the game if you dont get a taxi just go to the bus stop the other side of hospital and wait for a 182 or leave through the main car park and follow the road as if heading towards the retail park and there will be a bus stop not far down, just before the playing fields.

Edited by Oafc88

Daft that.

My advice as an away fan who's gone to BP far too many times is jib it. It's crap. If you're doing the 92 just stop at 91. It's cold, quiet and even though you'll win you won't even be that arsed, as you'll be looking forward to going home that much.

It was bad enough before they tore a stand down. Even worse now. And the bus journey is the most soul destroying bus journey you'll ever go on. Talk about depressing.

Birkenhead on the other hand....