New signing expected within a month

Cracking young prospect, plying his trade in league two, 6 ft 3 in tall and rarely loses many headers, will hold the ball up very well and has a cracking touch, can shoot with power when given the chance as well, already bagged 11 goals this season.

Heard this from a pretty reliable source, had a look around can't see who it could be, not many have scored 11+ though so cant have that many possibilites.

Suppose to cost us nothing at all either, due to being out of contract in the summer.

Cracking young prospect, plying his trade in league two, 6 ft 3 in tall and rarely loses many headers, will hold the ball up very well and has a cracking touch, can shoot with power when given the chance as well, already bagged 11 goals this season.

Heard this from a pretty reliable source, had a look around can't see who it could be, not many have scored 11+ though so cant have that many possibilites.

Suppose to cost us nothing at all either, due to being out of contract in the summer.

Sounds like bull:censored: if he's a 'cracking young prospect' who's 'out of contract in the summer', they would still be eligable for a fee via tribunal unless by young you mean over 24.

Must try harder.

Sounds like bull:censored: if he's a 'cracking young prospect' who's 'out of contract in the summer', they would still be eligable for a fee via tribunal unless by young you mean over 24.

My guess is he'll be squad number 11.

I'm also intrigued by the lad's height which varies within this article!

24 in January. But I don't think Latics will be paying a fee for him this time round.

Edited by opinions4u

My guess is he'll be squad number 11.

I'm also intrigued by the lad's height which varies within this article!

24 in January. But I don't think Latics will be paying a fee for him this time round.

Although I considered O'Grady being who he meant, there's no chance he's 6'3. I'm 6'1 and i'd say i'm comfortably taller than him.

I love how everyone is disputing the height but accepting:

Cracking young prospect,

rarely loses many headers,

will hold the ball up very well

and has a cracking touch,

can shoot with power when given the chance as well

I hope we get a Neil Trotman transformation when he went on loan.

If so it would be good management. No?

Edited by singe

I love how everyone is disputing the height but accepting:

Cracking young prospect,

rarely loses many headers,

will hold the ball up very well

and has a cracking touch,

can shoot with power when given the chance as well

I hope we get a Neil Trotman transformation when he went on loan.

If so it would be good management. No?

Now he :grin: would be a good signing

We already have one....arise Tom Eaves.

did he make a first team appearance for us before going on loan?

1 v Cheltenham and FA cup game v Kettering, he scored.

Not wildly less than Chris O Grady I suppose, but everyone could see Trotman was a class act. Whereas 95% of people slated O'Grady at the time-even if they deny it now.

I'd wager that if any Oldham manager can get te best out of COG it wouls be Dave Penney.

Alongdside COG, the return of the likes of

Abbott

Taylor

Jacobson

Komax

Black

That's almost a half a new team!

Edited by singe

1 v Cheltenham and FA cup game v Kettering, he scored.

Not wildly less than Chris O Grady I suppose, but everyone could see Trotman was a class act. Whereas 95% of people slated O'Grady at the time-even if they deny it now.

I'd wager that if any Oldham manager can get te best out of COG it wouls be Dave Penney.

Alongdside COG, the return of the likes of

Abbott

Taylor

Jacobson

Komax

Black

That's almost a half a new team!

Keep up, Taylor's already signed for Leeds. Possibly cos someone punched him in training.

• 4 weeks later...

Scored a hat-trick today!!!! :shock:

Go on DP its not as if we don't need a striker! On a free ....

Scored a hat-trick today!!!! :shock:

Go on DP its not as if we don't need a striker! On a free ....

Once again, for crying out loud.

I've read this bollocks a few times now and each time it's been posted by you. As much as I always liked O'Grady myself, he wouldn't have been 'on a free'. He would have cost £92k (or whatever), which would equate to £4k per fixture plus his wages, based on the reasonable assumption that he would have walked come the end of the season. Jesus.

I'm a bit ratty today, and I'm sure that was Deane Smalley atop of the Sankeys speakers whilst having the best time in there on Saturday night (though it may not have been, I'd hate to slander, but I think it was).

is it chris o grady?