Tranmere postponed

Little bit surprised it has been announced so early....another 36 hours could have seen quite a difference in conditions.

How bad is it around the ground?

It will be a big blow to the club as a Boxing day crowd would be almost double that of a Tuesday night.

Little bit surprised it has been announced so early....another 36 hours could have seen quite a difference in conditions.

It will be a big blow to the club as a Boxing day crowd would be almost double that of a Tuesday night.

Wouldnt put it past em rearranging it for the 2nd jan which is a sat, as both us and tranmere have had our games postponed.

Dont think it will be a huge blow, given the weather conditions I think a fair few would have been put off

On sheepfoot lane/furtherwood rd the main road is clear, the pavements have snow on them but appear to be thawing a little, as you say quite an early postponement.

On sheepfoot lane/furtherwood rd the main road is clear, the pavements have snow on them but appear to be thawing a little, as you say quite an early postponement.

Regardless of the surounding area, official site also reports that even if the snow does thaw, at best he envisages a waterlogged pitch.

Wouldnt put it past em rearranging it for the 2nd jan which is a sat, as both us and tranmere have had our games postponed.

Dont think it will be a huge blow, given the weather conditions I think a fair few would have been put off

Hope not...the club should now be looking to rearrange the game for a few weeks time when hopefully the key players are back.

I honestly think Wycombe partly/largely pulled out all the stops to get the game on last week because they knew how decimated the team was. It's a big game relegation-wise and the club would be daft to rearrange it for next week.

Hope not...the club should now be looking to rearrange the game for a few weeks time when hopefully the key players are back.

I honestly think Wycombe partly/largely pulled out all the stops to get the game on last week because they knew how decimated the team was. It's a big game relegation-wise and the club would be daft to rearrange it for next week.

It gives the players a few days extra rest, also pav and taylor were expected to play in tranny game, also a good chance of of hartlepool gaming being postponed i think so other players will also be backed.

Second january seems fine to me, as why put it on as a night game? it would draw less fans than a saturday would

Tranmere play Wolves at home in the cup on the 3rd, that's why the Leeds game is postponed!

It gives the players a few days extra rest, also pav and taylor were expected to play in tranny game, also a good chance of of hartlepool gaming being postponed i think so other players will also be backed.

Second january seems fine to me, as why put it on as a night game? it would draw less fans than a saturday would

The problem with all of this is that with Swindon and Bin-dippers off, (and hartlepool dodgy) the table could look a miserable place if a lot of the other games go ahead. (which is also unlikely... but most are in the south!)

Never mind the revenue for the clubs - I could see a 2nd Jan game... if so, could be beer 'o' clock! :)