Getting beyond a joke now!

Stop being so chuffin' stubborn penney and bring in a striker who actually looks like striking! The majority identified this problem early doors and still it's not been rectified, it's not as though the midfield are chipping in.

If we don't bring someone in this week i will be mega naffed off! :ranting:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop being so chuffin' stubborn penney and bring in a striker who actually looks like striking! The majority identified this problem early doors and still it's not been rectified, it's not as though the midfield are chipping in.

If we don't bring someone in this week i will be mega naffed off! :ranting:

I actually find it funny how people get so worked up over these silly things...I once was like you. After the 12 months I have had you realise that it really isnt worth getting upset about. There will be wholescale changes at the end of the year either managers,players even maybe chairman and we will start the rollercoaster over again. Football is dieing, and until wholescale changes are made throughout all the league structures we will forever be in this mess.

I actually find it funny how people get so worked up over these silly things...I once was like you. After the 12 months I have had you realise that it really isnt worth getting upset about. There will be wholescale changes at the end of the year either managers,players even maybe chairman and we will start the rollercoaster over again. Football is dieing, and until wholescale changes are made throughout all the league structures we will forever be in this mess.

Fans are understandably frustrated by the negativity of this manager, seeing yet another defensive midfielder signed when everyone was crying out for a striker to replace Heffernan.

Yeah but if there's wholesale changes then we'll be told to give another manager a season to settle in whilst shelling out £20 every game. Our deficiences have been obvious from early season and he's still no nearer to solving it.I can't decide if he's just stubborn or genuinely not seeing the problem.

Fans are understandably frustrated by the negativity of this manager, seeing yet another defensive midfielder signed when everyone was crying out for a striker to replace Heffernan.

The majority of Penneys signings here have baffled me. This one is up there.

Yeah but if there's wholesale changes then we'll be told to give another manager a season to settle in whilst shelling out £20 every game. Our deficiences have been obvious from early season and he's still no nearer to solving it.I can't decide if he's just stubborn or genuinely not seeing the problem.

I don't think any manager could solve the mess that us and about 30 other teams are in from our league and the league below. Kieth Hill really has worked miracles at Rochdale and if they struggle and he gets the boot next season it just shows how sad the game has gone. We all want instant success now, and because the leagues are structured how they are financially we need it!

There's the bloody problem. It takes managers time to get it right, the ones who do it in a season are the exception, not the norm. Hill is mentioned on here a fair bit, taken him about 3 seasons and his side is now sitting pretty at the top, 5 points clear and they didn't even play today! Rome wasn't built in a day, we are already on the verge of a Penney out whispering campaign and that will take us right back to square one.

There's the bloody problem. It takes managers time to get it right, the ones who do it in a season are the exception, not the norm. Hill is mentioned on here a fair bit, taken him about 3 seasons and his side is now sitting pretty at the top, 5 points clear and they didn't even play today! Rome wasn't built in a day, we are already on the verge of a Penney out whispering campaign and that will take us right back to square one.

To be fair though Keith Hill has been impressive since day one thats the only reason he has been given 3 seasons...oh wait a minute doesnt that sound like our very own John Sheridan who was sacked when we were 8th our lowest position in 3 seasons???

To be fair though Keith Hill has been impressive since day one thats the only reason he has been given 3 seasons...oh wait a minute doesnt that sound like our very own John Sheridan who was sacked when we were 8th our lowest position in 3 seasons???

Didn't stop a fair number of fans calling for his head not so long back.

But Shez had lost the dressing room/ too pally/ liked a drink/ a bit grumpy/ swore/ didn't say excuse me after he burped/ any other reason I've missed and had to be sacked.

Didn't stop a fair number of fans calling for his head not so long back.

But Shez had lost the dressing room/ too pally/ liked a drink/ a bit grumpy/ swore/ didn't say excuse me after he burped/ any other reason I've missed and had to be sacked.

Ok so we now judge a manager on his social skills now do we.......I agree this is mainly due to the personalities of footballers these days who get their back up if a manager as much farts in his presence. They think they are world beaters and this is mainly due to the amount of money in the game which evidently goes to their heads cos they can drive a flash car ven when playing for little old Oldham Athletic.

Shez needed man management and coaching training that is all. He cocked up with the players let them take too much control so the big heads i.e Gregan and Hughes took advantage of this and for as long as they were their Sheridan would have struggled to regain it.

Shez needed man management and coaching training that is all. He cocked up with the players let them take too much control so the big heads i.e Gregan and Hughes took advantage of this and for as long as they were their Sheridan would have struggled to regain it.

think you have just answered your own question, of why Shez was fired :wink:

think you have just answered your own question, of why Shez was fired :wink:

So we had a young football manager learning his trade, over 3 seasons he had taken us from a struggling footballing side to a team pushing around the playoffs consistantly playing good football until the last few months of his oldham career. He has a few internal issues that may or may not have been his fault and we give him the boot?

Sorry but it was wrong to sack him and he should have been made to go on some man management/leadership/coaching courses at the end of the season to show him how to regain that control, or how to have it from the off.

So we had a young football manager learning his trade, over 3 seasons he had taken us from a struggling footballing side to a team pushing around the playoffs consistantly playing good football until the last few months of his oldham career. He has a few internal issues that may or may not have been his fault and we give him the boot?

Sorry but it was wrong to sack him and he should have been made to go on some man management/leadership/coaching courses at the end of the season to show him how to regain that control, or how to have it from the off.

+1

Another fine mess from the TTA

Shez wouldnt take advice of anyone, it was his way or no way, JS is a good coach, some say excellent but he will never make a Manager pushing a team to its maximum

Shez WAS responsible for a lot of the problems in his last season and to give an example of how he never learns you only have to look at his first few months at Chesterfield.....

He took his new players out for a few drinks then onto the DOGS :unsure:

I just don't get this misty eyed look back at Shez's time here, the second half of last season was a disgrace.

I'm usually all for giving managers time e.g 3 year plans, but something inside me is still saying Penney hasn't got the characteristics to turn the club round, something which is desperatly needed.

I'd love to be able to name a realistic manager that can do this, but I just can't.

I'm usually all for giving managers time e.g 3 year plans, but something inside me is still saying Penney hasn't got the characteristics to turn the club round, something which is desperatly needed.

I'd love to be able to name a realistic manager that can do this, but I just can't.

I would say Gannon and Ritchie would be sensible suggestions...