get rid now

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can understand everyones feelings but sacking the manager isnt a option in my opinion, the problem lies with the board,it`s catch 22, risk putting the club in debt to pay better wages,signing on fees etc. or stick with what you can afford, you pay peanuts you get monkeys as the saying goes,i agree with someone else saying this is the worst team in decades,take out pav,taylor,gregan and this team would go down,when was the last time we had a half decent goalie ( not even a decent one ) is parker 1 of our main strikers? at best he`s a winger in my opinion, brooke ? cant fault the lad he`s trying and learning,smalley ? not prolific enough , then we start on our loanees , well loanee is enough to say , they cant hold a place in their own club and float around the leagues , sorry but this is not the way forward, paul merson said todat "i cant believe where they are in the league " sorry to say this but i can, get grant back and stick him up front with pav we need goals , i know they are similar players but no-one else is exactly banging them in

if we give this to**er 3 seasons we will be watching stayleybridge or the like.this guy couldnt motivate anything he has got no charisma no f**k all,he,s just a waste of space along with his so called backroom staff ,and losing the dressingroom i think he has already achieved that

Don't think theres a need to be so personal.

Just out of interest, which charismatic motivating go-getter are we to bring in?

at the risk of upsettin the happy clappy brigade, if we allow DP to continue with his playground tactics of never trying to win a game we will have :

a) no fans left

B) no FL status

c) no player who give a f***

d) no BP - but a nice empty stadium at Falsworth 1/10 pupouated by manc scroats

Get rid of the moron - anyone with half a brain could do better.

I want to be here long after tosspots like Penny have moved on, but if we let it all happen we wont have a club left to support.

Penny f*** off NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at the risk of upsettin the happy clappy brigade, if we allow DP to continue with his playground tactics of never trying to win a game we will have :

a) no fans left

B) no FL status

c) no player who give a f***

d) no BP - but a nice empty stadium at Falsworth 1/10 pupouated by manc scroats

Get rid of the moron - anyone with half a brain could do better.

I want to be here long after tosspots like Penny have moved on, but if we let it all happen we wont have a club left to support.

Penny f*** off NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 years you say you have been watching Latics???? :unsure:

yep. probably about 42 tbh.. Never felt so pissed off as now tho. Back in the old 4th division - Jim Fryatt, Kieth Bebbington, Les Chapman and all the rest - real people - real triers. Season in, season out. These days every year a complete new squad of mercanaries and loanees. it aint the same my friend !

hey - you know me - have been a loyal thru thick n thin - please dont ever question my 40yrs + - it aint negociable ! :devilish:

yep. probably about 42 tbh.. Never felt so pissed off as now tho. Back in the old 4th division - Jim Fryatt, Kieth Bebbington, Les Chapman and all the rest - real people - real triers. Season in, season out. These days every year a complete new squad of mercanaries and loanees. it aint the same my friend !

hey - you know me - have been a loyal thru thick n thin - please dont ever question my 40yrs + - it aint negociable ! :devilish:

Just wondered as that would make you 55+ :unsure:

Thought you may have a better idea of the game and understanding of Penney's situation

I would never try to negotiate your loyality

fair comment ritchie - am 51 now tho altho act about 18 still !!!. have alwatys loved following the Latics but this last year it just aint seemed the same. Hated Talbolt and RM - liked it when Shez took over - the atmosphere at the Tramps when we got beat on 1st day summed it up, hope and goodwill but it didnt last. Prob was Shez was a Manc wide boy with a history of laddish behaviour and a serious drinking culture. Didnt help with Greegs, Hughsie and Windass at the club either. Shez meant well but didnt have the discipline and was too set in his ways. DP came in any , guess what, tried to change the squad totally. It aint nothin to do with funding but his own picks who were not right for moving the club on. So - negative tactics, playing for draws, losing when we should have won coupled with credit crunch = disaster. Aint rocket science. DP has chosen wrong tactics at wrong time. Much as it galls me look at Kieth Hill at Rochdale - positive passing foootball and bossin games - hey presto - top of the league.

Dont anyone say well tis only old 4th division. Think Carlisle, Donny, Scunny, peterboro etc.. they deserve to go up because they play to win. Wake up Dave Penny and cop on or else we are in Div 4 again and I am back where I started 42 years ago !!!!!

Keepin the faith (just !)

Phil.

fair comment ritchie - am 51 now tho altho act about 18 still !!!. have alwatys loved following the Latics but this last year it just aint seemed the same. Hated Talbolt and RM - liked it when Shez took over - the atmosphere at the Tramps when we got beat on 1st day summed it up, hope and goodwill but it didnt last. Prob was Shez was a Manc wide boy with a history of laddish behaviour and a serious drinking culture. Didnt help with Greegs, Hughsie and Windass at the club either. Shez meant well but didnt have the discipline and was too set in his ways. DP came in any , guess what, tried to change the squad totally. It aint nothin to do with funding but his own picks who were not right for moving the club on. So - negative tactics, playing for draws, losing when we should have won coupled with credit crunch = disaster. Aint rocket science. DP has chosen wrong tactics at wrong time. Much as it galls me look at Kieth Hill at Rochdale - positive passing foootball and bossin games - hey presto - top of the league.

Dont anyone say well tis only old 4th division. Think Carlisle, Donny, Scunny, peterboro etc.. they deserve to go up because they play to win. Wake up Dave Penny and cop on or else we are in Div 4 again and I am back where I started 42 years ago !!!!!

Keepin the faith (just !)

Phil.

In all honesty Penney has had to bring his own squad in as Royle tore the team apart and let players go whom IMO shouldnt have been let go as they would have been good squad players this season i.e Mark Allott etc

Why TTA let Royle do this is beyond me ???

The injuries we have had this season on top of the poor attitude of some players is what has caused the problems since Aug.

Some one mentioned today we can only judge Penney when he has been able to field his best team off XI for more than a hand full of games and I agree

Some players currently at the club need to be doing themselves and OAFC a favour and asking their Agents to find a new club. There is more than a few just happy to collect a wage.

Penney has dropped the ball on Brill, Parker, Jacobson and Smalley... players that shouldn't be at the club at the moment. Smalley shouldnt have been playing like he as since his injury while we have had a premiership loanee sitting on the bench

If penney wants to show he is different from shez, he needs to learn from his mistakes admit when things need to be changed because he has 3000+ who can see we need a striker and not another midfielder

escuses dont wash pots. Penny needs to play to win games simple as. Boss games and collect the 3 points. DP strikes me as an intelligent man but his tactics come over as niave and idiotic at times. We cant pussyfoot around as we plummet down the table. Someone said to me today 'We are too good to go down'.. You can guess my reply !.

I dont really care about injuries - I care about what I see when I punt my £20 over the counter and see half hearted prima donnas going thru the motions and wonder where there professional pride is.

I know all players should try and that if our team dosnt win in could be because the other team really tried more but now its getting beyond a joke.

At least we need to be seen to be trying to win from the kick off mr Penny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But hey, never mind my opinion, I've only been punting my cash in to you for decades. What do you care. (fook all probably !)

Bring on FAILS(worth).

escuses dont wash pots. Penny needs to play to win games simple as. Boss games and collect the 3 points. DP strikes me as an intelligent man but his tactics come over as niave and idiotic at times. We cant pussyfoot around as we plummet down the table. Someone said to me today 'We are too good to go down'.. You can guess my reply !.

I dont really care about injuries - I care about what I see when I punt my £20 over the counter and see half hearted prima donnas going thru the motions and wonder where there professional pride is.

I know all players should try and that if our team dosnt win in could be because the other team really tried more but now its getting beyond a joke.

At least we need to be seen to be trying to win from the kick off mr Penny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But hey, never mind my opinion, I've only been punting my cash in to you for decades. What do you care. (fook all probably !)

Bring on FAILS(worth).

The difference is we (FANS) do care its the players and there agents who dont, they say one thing about being committed and we have to watch them week in week out showing that they are only at the club for the money.

As for his tactics, I will personally judge him on those when he has his best team out on the park because at the moment he is just polishing turds to play in positions that dont suit them and we all know you cant polish a turd

I agree that he has been negative at times, wycombe away and bringing Colbeck off when he was causing there defenders problems only for same defenders to start attacking our flanks once he was subbed and for them to go on a score ???

You have to defend from the front line at this level more than ever !

IMO Penney needs to sit down and think about the balance of the team and do something about it ... Parker out on loan or sold would be a good start and getting a player in who can support Abbott would see us stronger

spot on mate ! - we (the fans) do care. But it seems increasingly like that several players on the pitch dont give a monkeys !

I accept that with injuries etc that several players are out of position - but that applies to all clubs all season long !

The real issue is that if a few dont give a fook then they MUST be told to f off or shape up. We need to turn up and play to win.

it really is as simple as that.

If DP persists in playing for draws then the games up and bring on Stevenage !

The spirit of Latics was always about giving your best and battling on. Shame our American friends never told DP about our heritage eh?

Get it sorted DP or give a trier a chance ! (Dux, Eyrsey??)

Attack, attack attack atack attack !!!!!! :D

spot on mate ! - we (the fans) do care. But it seems increasingly like that several players on the pitch dont give a monkeys !

I accept that with injuries etc that several players are out of position - but that applies to all clubs all season long !

The real issue is that if a few dont give a fook then they MUST be told to f off or shape up. We need to turn up and play to win.

it really is as simple as that.

If DP persists in playing for draws then the games up and bring on Stevenage !

The spirit of Latics was always about giving your best and battling on. Shame our American friends never told DP about our heritage eh?

Get it sorted DP or give a trier a chance ! (Dux, Eyrsey??)

Attack, attack attack atack attack !!!!!! :D

its a pity they dont all copy the example of greegan this season,i was one of those that said he was too old,but he has proved everyone wrong,now he needs players around with the same attitude and commitment....

my fondest memories of latics has always been when we have played with wingers who can run,take on a man and put a cross in.....sadly we havent seen this down bp for a good few many years.....maybe penny needs to borrow a dvd of those fa cup runs to understand how the hard core fans think and what they expect

In all honesty Penney has had to bring his own squad in as Royle tore the team apart and let players go whom IMO shouldnt have been let go as they would have been good squad players this season i.e Mark Allott etc

Perhaps they were assigning him the task, unwittingly or otherwise, of preparing us for life without the prospect of promotion (or life veering-optimists may hope-between this division and the one below. It's no accident the the proposal of a drastically smaller stadium than the one we were promised was announced soon after.

In fairness, Allott chose to leave.

But I agree 100%, no way on this earth should Royle have been making such key decisions (Hughes, for one) when he wasnt staying on for this term.