This time last year

Shez has hardly been pulling up trees with Chesterfield. Very poor away from home and apparently incinsistent form at home.

Maybe he is no more than average as a manager or....he needs time at Chesterfield to get things together, assemble his own team etc. Just as Penney does.

He has his new team one point outside of the play offs in 9th....

We are one point outside the relegation zone and in 19th...

If Shez is average what does that make DP ?

He has his new team one point outside of the play offs in 9th....

We are one point outside the relegation zone and in 19th...

If Shez is average what does that make DP ?

The same In a tougher division.

The point I was making is that regardless of whether Shez was unfairly dealt with - and I respect that you think he was - so far he hasn't set that division on fire. He may well do so but not yet. He certainly needs to be given time to do so. Just as Penney needs to be given time here.

I have no idea what the answer is but how do Spireites regard Shez? Are they really pleased, impatient, or whatever? Chesterfield have been a useful Div 4 team ( 10th lasr season, 8th the season before) so they must have been hoping for a big push with a new manager and owner .

Edited by LaticsPete

The same In a tougher division.

To go off on a bit of a tangent, wouldn't that would depend on managers having more ability as you go up the league? The reason I ask is that I don't necessarily think they do. Getting a managment job appears to be more about profile than ability/knowledge which, when you consider that there are surely many more capable managers than there are Football League positions, sort of makes sense....

I suppose Sheridan was always on a hiding to nothing in attempting to follow the great man. The fans singing "We've got our Oldham back" should have made him realise this.

The fans singing "We've got our Oldham back" were sadly mistaken :lol:

I think you also have to remember Taylor was on fire the first half of last season. If we can get him back fit and on form for the rest of this season it will make a massive difference. With a club like our (budget wise) you have to rely on two or three big players being fit and on form. We are not like Leeds, Norwich, Charlton who wouldnt miss one or two big players.

I think you also have to remember Taylor was on fire the first half of last season. If we can get him back fit and on form for the rest of this season it will make a massive difference. With a club like our (budget wise) you have to rely on two or three big players being fit and on form. We are not like Leeds, Norwich, Charlton who wouldnt miss one or two big players.

I can accept that situation when pushing for promotion but when it comes to survival I expect a little more...