Nardiello

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Penney never disguised this. He said he would use it. With budgets as tight as they are the loan system has to be used for clubs such as ourselves. I'd say Penney's loanees are adding more.

Yeah, I totally agree, DP's loans have been better than Shez'.

from blackpool boards:

ust taken from the very reliable transfer rumours site !!!

Ian Holloway is preparing a fresh bid for Hull City's out of favour winger Peter Halmosi. Fee is believed to be around 600k and Halmosi is relishing the chance to join up with his ex plymouth gaffer at Blackpool. Holloways other targets include Marcus Bent , Debrecen's Gergely Rudolph . Charlton's Jonjo Shelvey and Kelly Youga , along with Preston duo Callum Davidson and Darren Carter.

One man out of the seaside club on loan is Ishmel Demontangac who is likely to join Oldham Athletic on loan for a month along with striker Daniel Nardiello. Blackpool will fend off any bids from Wigan and Nottingham Forest for prize asset Charlie Adam. However ollie is resigned to losing Alex–John Baptiste to Middlesborough however pool stand to make a massive profit on the defender who was signed for a measly 5k from Mansfield Town.

maybe taylor is offski...and this guy HAS a left foot

I think that's 29. Of which a few were genuine "emergency" loans.

Plus others on contract probably takes us to about 70/80 even if not JP's 100.

How does that compare with other clubs I wonder?

100 was a throwaway figure which was including all players..not just loanees.

it still ridiculous ..approx 60 different in 2 and a half seasons isn't it?

the whole point of a having a good squad is trying to keep a consistent squad.

when was the last time we ever had the same 11 players start 2 or 3 games in a row?

100 was a throwaway figure which was including all players..not just loanees.

it still ridiculous ..approx 60 different in 2 and a half seasons isn't it?

the whole point of a having a good squad is trying to keep a consistent squad.

when was the last time we ever had the same 11 players start 2 or 3 games in a row?

When we had the good run in September early October I reckon...

Without denying that it seems like a lot of players, I can't help but feel the manager is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

If players are injured, and TTA don't allow budget for permanent signings, or it's outside a transfer window, he has no resort but the loan market.

If players lose form, and are baying for blood, and TTA don't allow budget for permanent signings, or it's outside a transfer window, he has no resort but the loan market.

For example, when Abbott and Smalley were injured, Parker and Alessandra not performing, O'Grady out of favour, what else was Penney supposed to do but loan strikers? Could we realistically expect him to have signed more strikers at the start of the season in case of emergencies?

Sure, not every loan signing has been an emergency loan; but if we really went through each one individually, I suspect at the time fans saw some justification in the majority.

However ollie is resigned to losing Alex–John Baptiste to Middlesborough however pool stand to make a massive profit on the defender who was signed for a measly 5k from Mansfield Town.

He's a left back who back a couple of seasons after a Simon Charlton had gone I said he'd be a good one to sign.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few? There's been that many but we're going on for nearly 60! In 2 1/2 years, it's not our team anymore, it started under Wadsworth and it has gone bloody crazy! Just who are we anymore?

We're by far the only club. It's football in general Paul. About the norm.

Some hard data on player turnover from Soccerbase, to put some numbers on this... I haven't double-checked their stats, but they're likely to be reasonable for illustrative purposes, and I haven't distinguished between expensive, long-term signings and short-term deals.

Leicester (champions 2008/2009):

2008/2009: 6 permanent signings, 10 loan signings

2007/2008: 7 permanent signings, 12 loan signings

2006/2007: 10 permanent signings, 6 loan signings

Total, last three years before promotion: 23 permanent & 28 loan signings (51 signings)

Peterborough (second placed):

2008/2009: 5 permanent signings, 4 loan signings

2007/2008: 6 permanent signings, 4 loan signings

2006/2007: 23 permanent signings, 7 loan signings

Total, last three years before promotion: 34 permanent & 15 loan signings (49 signings)

MK Dons (third placed):

2008/2009: 5 permanent signings, 9 loan signings

2007/2008: 14 permanent signings, 4 loan signings

2006/2007: 10 permanent signings, 7 loan signings

Total, last three years before promotion: 29 permanent & 20 loan signings (49 signings)

Swansea (champions 2007/2008):

2007/2008: 5 permanent signings, 4 loan signings

2006/2007: 13 permanent signings, 5 loan signings

2005/2006: 9 permanent signings, 3 loan signings

Total, last three years before promotion: 27 permanent & 12 loan signings (39 signings)

...and us...

2009/2010: 12 permanent signings, 8 loan signings

2008/2009: 1 permanent signing, 13 loan signings

2007/2008: 8 permanent signings, 9 loan signings

2006/2007: 11 permanent signings, 12 loan signings

Total, last three years: 21 permanent & 30 loan signings (51 signings) if including this season, or 20 permanent & 34 loan signings (total 54) if counting the same years as the top three from last year.

So, in terms of total number of signings over the last three years, we're not that far ahead of other teams in our division who've been successful.

Yes, we've had fewer permanent and more loan signings - but doesn't that reflect our budgets and TTA's preference to run the club on a tighter budget (rightly or wrongly)?

Yes, we've possibly had more questionable quality in our loan signings - but for every dodgy one there's a situation we couldn't have predicted, like Ben Turner being sent off and ruling himself out, or our three-goalkeeper emergency spell in 2006.

Edited by Crusoe

Scunthorpe (champions 2006/2007):

2006/2007: 9 permanent signings, 5 loan signings

2005/2006: 5 permanent signings, 5 loan signings

2004/2005: 6 permanent signings, 8 loan signings

Total, last three years before promotion: 20 permanent & 18 loan signings (38 signings)

Having said that, one factor I'm unsure on is what impact the emergency loan rule had on Scunthorpe, which effectively increased the number of loan signings you could have in a season. It came into force in the 2005/2006 season.

same conclusion.in that latics have gone ott with the turnover of players over the last 3 years.

i'm also suspecting that the other clubs you mentioned before brought in some bloody good quality loan signings in that latics wouldn't even get a sniff at.they had budgets out of our league.

i just read into it that scunny kept a very tight squad together and brought in loans only when REALLY necessary.

and over a 4/5 year period.

its brought good success for them.

The thing with our turnover, though, is that it can't be read as a simple number. Some players were short-term squad fillers; some came to the end of their contract and left even though we would've kept them (if we could and had funds); I'd be cautious at making any really sweeping statements.

same conclusion.in that latics have gone ott with the turnover of players over the last 3 years.

i'm also suspecting that the other clubs you mentioned before brought in some bloody good quality loan signings in that latics wouldn't even get a sniff at.they had budgets out of our league.

i just read into it that scunny kept a very tight squad together and brought in loans only when REALLY necessary.

and over a 4/5 year period.

its brought good success for them.

Jermaine Beckford on loan being the catalyst for promotion when they lost Keogh to Wolves, if only we hadn't fooked about when Porter was injured/lost form. Clarke was good but we got him for only a month, we replaced him with Luigi 'fookin' Glombard. Sheridan's fannying about or was it TTA's penny pinching cost us automatic.

When Scunthorpe took Beckford on loan he'd scored a grand total of one goal (on loan at Carlisle) so was definitely still an unknown quantity at league level. They arguably got lucky with him, so harsh to blame TTA/Sheridan for not getting lucky as well.

Besides, of course most loan signings are not guaranteed to succeed - in most cases, if they were that good, they wouldn't be out on loan.

The thing with our turnover, though, is that it can't be read as a simple number. Some players were short-term squad fillers; some came to the end of their contract and left even though we would've kept them (if we could and had funds); I'd be cautious at making any really sweeping statements.

thing is we had a new manager in moore wanting his own players when he took over from talbot..

then shez from moore..

now penney from shez.

in the space of 5 years we haven't had a settled squad of 15-20 players (i'm guessing again on the number there ,but i suspect its not far off.)

When Scunthorpe took Beckford on loan he'd scored a grand total of one goal (on loan at Carlisle) so was definitely still an unknown quantity at league level. They arguably got lucky with him, so harsh to blame TTA/Sheridan for not getting lucky as well.

Besides, of course most loan signings are not guaranteed to succeed - in most cases, if they were that good, they wouldn't be out on loan.

They get lucky very often then, Keogh was a kid at Leeds, Hayes a kid at Rangers, Hooper had done sod all for Southend and Billy Sharp had been released by Sheff Utd, lucky or a :censored:-hot scouting network that pays dividends time and time again snaring players that have earned them millions and shot them to promotion three times in the last 5 years?