Nardiello

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, quite possibly true - but even if so there aren't many clubs doing that well in their finds.

I think Scunny have invested a bit in their scouting network. It's just the strikers that's highlighted, but they've also had a few brilliant players elsewhere, like Cliff Byrne, Joe Murphy. And also former players like Paterson and Alexander who went to Burnley.

But, I can't help feeling they've been very lucky with injuries to their key players. In each of their promotion campaigns, they've managed to keep a very tight squad together for the entire season. Same with Southend, Colchester and Doncaster in recent years. It's clear we have a huge problem in that area, as a decent tight squad, injury free with everyone knowing their jobs is exactly what it takes to get a relatively small and unfashionable club up out of this division.

as a decent tight squad, injury free with everyone knowing their jobs is exactly what it takes to get a relatively small and unfashionable club up out of this division

Surely this isn't possible when the lack of ambition with small stadium development is considered?

I think Scunny have invested a bit in their scouting network. It's just the strikers that's highlighted, but they've also had a few brilliant players elsewhere, like Cliff Byrne, Joe Murphy. And also former players like Paterson and Alexander who went to Burnley.

But, I can't help feeling they've been very lucky with injuries to their key players. In each of their promotion campaigns, they've managed to keep a very tight squad together for the entire season. Same with Southend, Colchester and Doncaster in recent years. It's clear we have a huge problem in that area, as a decent tight squad, injury free with everyone knowing their jobs is exactly what it takes to get a relatively small and unfashionable club up out of this division.

The same Joe Murphy that was on trial here and even appeared on our team photo before being binned and ending up at Scunny?

Surely this isn't possible when the lack of ambition with small stadium development is considered?

You'd think so. But small, unfashionable clubs are consistantly getting up out of this division. It's staying at the level above for a prolonged period which is proving more difficult seemingly.

Who did we have in goal at the time? Was it Pogs?

Freddie Boswell had decided Pogs was a clown on Graham brown's advice (from the horses mouth in the IOM), brought in Murphy, decided against him, brought in Ross Turnbull on a three month loan, u-turn after 48 hours and Chris Day was signed. Pogs was sent on donkey lashing leave...

Westwood and Murphy are probably two of the biggest bollocks we have dropped in recent times. (And there's been a few!)

Westwood is a huge one considering City released him on a free at the end of his season with us and we should have been in prime position to sign him, but didn't we end up with Stuart Naylor?

Freddie Boswell had decided Pogs was a clown on Graham brown's advice (from the horses mouth in the IOM), brought in Murphy, decided against him, brought in Ross Turnbull on a three month loan, u-turn after 48 hours and Chris Day was signed. Pogs was sent on donkey lashing leave...

Ugh, it makes me feel quite unwell that does.

Yep, we sure dropped a bollock or two with both him and Westwood. Although IIRC Westwood was an absolute kid at the time, in fact I remember when he was often trotting around on the pitch at half time, it looked like if he walked near the corners a stiff breeze from the car park would knock him over.

They get lucky very often then, Keogh was a kid at Leeds, Hayes a kid at Rangers, Hooper had done sod all for Southend and Billy Sharp had been released by Sheff Utd, lucky or a :censored:-hot scouting network that pays dividends time and time again snaring players that have earned them millions and shot them to promotion three times in the last 5 years?

I reckon a :censored:-hot scouting network.....You just don't get lucky that many times!!!

Very strong rumour here in Blackpool that Daniel Nardiello is on the verge of signing for us initialy on loan untill end of season with a view to perminent move at end of season. texts from 3lashars fans who dont know each other so maybe something in it.

Injuries to Ben Burgess and Billy Clarke had left the Seasiders short of attacking options and Holloway's squad has been further hit by David Vaughan's suspension.

Nardiello, 27, has proved his fitness and form by scoring four goals in six appearances for Bury.

Holloway said: "He will be involved somewhere along the line this weekend.

"I have always believed in his talent and now he's fully fit, so that's great for us."

The big successful loan was Jermain Defoe to Bournemouth. He scored in ten consecutive games, equalling John Aldridge's post-war record, and scored 18 goals in 29 league appearances.

He is the one that every fan and manager wants to match isn't he.

I guess the reality is that for every Jemain Defoe, there are 950 Seb Hines.

Blackpool striker Daniel Nardiello is unlikely to come off at this stage, with the striker set to feature for the Championship side this weekend.

The 27-year-old former Manchester United trainee was sent on loan to Bury earlier this season to build up his fitness and impressed for the League Two side, scoring four times in six games.

Blackpool striker Daniel Nardiello is unlikely to come off at this stage, with the striker set to feature for the Championship side this weekend.

The 27-year-old former Manchester United trainee was sent on loan to Bury earlier this season to build up his fitness and impressed for the League Two side, scoring four times in six games.

Keep up - you're slipping!

Injuries to Ben Burgess and Billy Clarke had left the Seasiders short of attacking options and Holloway's squad has been further hit by David Vaughan's suspension.

Nardiello, 27, has proved his fitness and form by scoring four goals in six appearances for Bury.

Holloway said: "He will be involved somewhere along the line this weekend.

"I have always believed in his talent and now he's fully fit, so that's great for us."

Where did you copy and paste that from?

cheers mate..interesting.

i always look at scunny as an equivalent size club to us.

probably same sized budget, same size crowds(when in our division) and yet they have a great 4 or 5 year period.

i think your findings above say a lot for me.

All probably quite true as far as crowds go but don't they have a half rich owner who owns the steelworks next to or near the ground.