Nardiello

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look into who sits on the boards of the League One, League Two and smaller Championship clubs (to bring the likes of Scunny into this) you might be surprised how many of them - even those that on the face of it appear to be pretty skint - are backed by at least one multi-millionaire.

It makes you realise how unviable football at our level is as a business, and why those like Stockport without a millionaire backer are struggling as much as they are.

Edited by garcon

fair enough..

but aren't we backed by 3 millionaires?

I doubt Corney is, but Blitz and Gazaal (as owners of CNCG) must be. But we should stop thinking that makes us special or any richer than any of our rivals - all their investment has basically achieved in 5 years or so is allow us to tread water. i.e. Us and clubs like us need the financial input of backers like TTA just to survive at this level. It takes alot more still, plus a bit of luck, to actually improve a club's fortunes.

Edited by garcon

i suppose its all down to how much they will put in at scunny and how much they will put in at latics then.

invest on the pitch,rewards will come.

Trouble is, I think it fair to say that the TTA did invest on the pitch, the likes of Windass, Crossley, and Prem/Champ loanees will not have been cheap. It's just that it did not work out at the time, but they backed the manager nonetheless. I think we are paying the price now for Whippetgate, had we gone up, things would have been very different.

It's easy now to say we should not have loaned, but what if we had got the next Defoe?

We were around the play offs, hoping to kick on with some at-the-time-quality signed/loaned

Scott Golborne-Reading

Dean Windass-Hull

Fabio Ferreira-Chelsea

Seb Hines-Boro (not Oldham Boro!)

We got rid of crock John Thompson, and a very underperforming Chris O Grady. And blamed Craig Davies and offloaded hm. We should have stormed up the league.

Now whose fault it did not work has been discissed ad infinitum, but the TTA are well down the list of suspects, and blaming the TTA for not investing must be last on the list

I think TTA have invested as well as they can, and continue to do so with the latest couple of loan signings, with - I suspect - more business to come this month (both in and out...). The problems are around how that investment has been used and some of TTA's other decisions. And luck.

Trouble is, I think it fair to say that the TTA did invest on the pitch, the likes of Windass, Crossley, and Prem/Champ loanees will not have been cheap. It's just that it did not work out at the time, but they backed the manager nonetheless. I think we are paying the price now for Whippetgate, had we gone up, things would have been very different.

It's easy now to say we should not have loaned, but what if we had got the next Defoe?

We were around the play offs, hoping to kick on with some at-the-time-quality signed/loaned

Scott Golborne-Reading

Dean Windass-Hull

Fabio Ferreira-Chelsea

Seb Hines-Boro (not Oldham Boro!)

We got rid of crock John Thompson, and a very underperforming Chris O Grady. And blamed Craig Davies and offloaded hm. We should have stormed up the league.

Now whose fault it did not work has been discissed ad infinitum, but the TTA are well down the list of suspects, and blaming the TTA for not investing must be last on the list

there is blame and then there is asking "is the budget enough to compete?"

as for blame(if i have too) TTA appointed the managers that have failed and give their permission for the signings of above examples.

in the end,the buck stops at them.they finance the club,its their business.if they cant operate it to compete,but just to exist then we are floggin a dead horse.

in the end things can only be judged on recent perfomances on the pitch..and these last 12 months have seen everything plummet to a 37 year low for myself.

I think TTA have invested as well as they can, and continue to do so with the latest couple of loan signings, with - I suspect - more business to come this month (both in and out...). The problems are around how that investment has been used and some of TTA's other decisions. And luck.

true.

but i'm still not happy that as mentioned in my first post on this thread(yet another loan?)seems to be the norm now.

anyway..going round in circles now.