PENNEY OUT - (keep all penney out posts in this thread)

royle wanted it - but if he was going to take the job he wanted a big budget to sign 8-10 players who were established/players he knew what he was getting and who could do the job.

TTA told him the budget, he offered to add his own salary to the budget and work for nothing if it meant the budget would then be the level that he wanted/needed to do the job, it still wasnt enough, so that added to the fact that Wardle said no ended the JR pursuit.

Gannon and Robins were on the list, but DP was free and has a respectable promotion cv so he was offered the job. Robins required compo and Gannon didn't leave until 3 days after peeney was appointed and we didnt approach as it wouldve cost us 100k compo to get him.

there you have it.

Imagine the sort of pressure Robins would have been under if he went on a poor run.

"Red Scum, always been against us, why appoint a player who scored a vital goal against us" etc etc?

Incidentally Coco, have you worked out what "+1" is supposed to mean when not quoting any post in particular? I'm guessing it means some sort of "I'm on the fence" type response? :wink:

"Red Scum, always been against us, why appoint a player who scored a vital goal against us" etc etc?

Incidentally Coco, have you worked out what "+1" is supposed to mean when not quoting any post in particular? I'm guessing it means some sort of "I'm on the fence" type response? :wink:

Or maybe it means "What he said" :clown:

royle wanted it - but if he was going to take the job he wanted a big budget to sign 8-10 players who were established/players he knew what he was getting and who could do the job.

TTA told him the budget, he offered to add his own salary to the budget and work for nothing if it meant the budget would then be the level that he wanted/needed to do the job, it still wasnt enough, so that added to the fact that Wardle said no ended the JR pursuit.

Gannon and Robins were on the list, but DP was free and has a respectable promotion cv so he was offered the job. Robins required compo and Gannon didn't leave until 3 days after peeney was appointed and we didnt approach as it wouldve cost us 100k compo to get him.

there you have it.

Gannon was never in the frame for the job last time. It was between Penney, Robins and Adams

I've backed Penney as much as anyone,i hate calling for the manager to be sacked, especially this soon,but after hearing his post match interview on GMR - 'happy with that,excellent performance,they set the standard today' - i really don't think we can afford to give him a chance until the end of the season, because he'll take us into the 4th division, which will be the death of the club. We could have played all night and not scored,we struggled to pass it forward (never mind putting in a shot on goal) and he's happy with that? That's what he's actually aiming for? It's one thing putting up with excuses about injuries and lack of match practice and the squad needing time to gel,but if he thinks the performance today was excellent then i can't see him getting us out of the bottom four. Maybe we can't afford to pay him off, but we definitely can't afford to get relegated.

I've backed Penney as much as anyone,i hate calling for the manager to be sacked, especially this soon,but after hearing his post match interview on GMR - 'happy with that,excellent performance,they set the standard today' - i really don't think we can afford to give him a chance until the end of the season, because he'll take us into the 4th division, which will be the death of the club. We could have played all night and not scored,we struggled to pass it forward (never mind putting in a shot on goal) and he's happy with that? That's what he's actually aiming for? It's one thing putting up with excuses about injuries and lack of match practice and the squad needing time to gel,but if he thinks the performance today was excellent then i can't see him getting us out of the bottom four. Maybe we can't afford to pay him off, but we definitely can't afford to get relegated.

it,s taken the people this long to take the same road that i have said that penney is a nobody that knows anything about football.his tacticts are abymasmaL he cannot gee anybody up and he is totally pathetic .i and a lot of other people could pick a team that have a massive amount of passion to play for the shirt

I can understand the fans not being happy with his comments that seem to make light of the situation, but perhaps he's looking for positives in order to protect the players. The last thing that shower need at the minute is a manager with no confidence in them....

I'm not actually a Penney-outer, but here's a scary statistic: we've failed to score in ten of our last sixteen games. To me, that says that if Penney doesn't manage to sign someone who can score prolifically then he won't manage to turn this around and avoid relegation.

Or maybe it means "What he said" :clown:

There were 3 posts. Which one? This one: "Penney in. Unless we can get Keith Hill." ??

They way to do it is to quote the post. It's not that hard. :grin:

Bit odd for someone calling others for wanting managers out but also saying that they are right to want the manager out. Hey ho. :shock:

I will keep Dave in, unless we can get Gannon/Ritchie in.

Or both, Ritch as Director of Football?

That would be good!

No Joe, the role of Director of Football is some pussified role that has been created by egotistical chairmen in the last 10-15 years. Invariably it translates as some middle management role that is utterly pointless and disruptive. And I bet no-one could name 1 successful holder of such a position?

In addition to that, Ritchie was offered and turned down such a position under the Ba5tard Regime of Chris M**re. And why would an ailing 3rd division side wish to create an unnecessary job role in the first place?

Total non starter for me. Ritchie back as manager maybe, but in this position no thanks! Not needed!

There were 3 posts. Which one? This one: "Penney in. Unless we can get Keith Hill." ??

They way to do it is to quote the post. It's not that hard. :grin:

Bit odd for someone calling others for wanting managers out but also saying that they are right to want the manager out. Hey ho. :shock:

You really are the biggest waste of space posting on here you know... Last post to you... You are back on ignore :)

I can understand the fans not being happy with his comments that seem to make light of the situation, but perhaps he's looking for positives in order to protect the players. The last thing that shower need at the minute is a manager with no confidence in them....

WTF! They're grown men who are allegedly playing a game they are supposed to love & enjoy. What the hell do they need protecting from? And few thousand people being pissed off at their crap performances week in week out.

Take today, the penalty incident took place, and yet Penney The Prat stood their on the touchline, unfazed and unarsed with his arms folded (or in his pockets). Any other manager would have been demanding answers and berating the 4th official. He even motioned to the team to stay calm. I'd rather see him lose his temper and get the team fired up to try and drive them on!

I also heard his post match interview....I'd love to know what game he was watching and if thats the benchmark he can shove my Season Ticket up his backside! It was bloody awful!

WTF! They're grown men who are allegedly playing a game they are supposed to love & enjoy. What the hell do they need protecting from? And few thousand people being pissed off at their crap performances week in week out.

Take today, the penalty incident took place, and yet Penney The Prat stood their on the touchline, unfazed and unarsed with his arms folded (or in his pockets). Any other manager would have been demanding answers and berating the 4th official. He even motioned to the team to stay calm. I'd rather see him lose his temper and get the team fired up to try and drive them on!

I also heard his post match interview....I'd love to know what game he was watching and if thats the benchmark he can shove my Season Ticket up his backside! It was bloody awful!

Like it or not, lots of manager play down the negatives after a defeat - it's called psychology. Fergie (bad example, I know) does it all the time, so does Rafa, so does Arsene...nearly all managers do it....it understandably pisses the fans off, no end. But it's to try to keep up morale in the team, which is what they need at the moment - they're not a bad side. With a bit of confidence in them, that 11 is good enough to be top half ...

I'm not actually a Penney-outer, but here's a scary statistic: we've failed to score in ten of our last sixteen games. To me, that says that if Penney doesn't manage to sign someone who can score prolifically then he won't manage to turn this around and avoid relegation.

Any chance of a petition to hand to him with this sentiment on?

He can't see it you see, even if stevie wonder can!!

just a question - has "we want penney out' been sung at a match yet??

In the main stand upper there was a 'taxi for penney' shout, people were shouting it at end of game though, and some people were saying he should get sacked to the directors

You really are the biggest waste of space posting on here you know... Last post to you... You are back on ignore :)

Ooh so sharp. At least you're not on the fence about something, that's progress.

Did you go today? What did you think of the misses in the first half? Think we were the better side?

Any thoughts on the "penalty" incident?